~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Love the picture of Teddy! He is beautiful and those little ones will spoil him rotten! Congrats on 5 years Bri. Huge accomplishment. Hope everyone has a great day. Hi to Slo if you are reading this. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Check to make sure the sound is not muted [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it works good on both my tablet and iPhone. There's a little "speaker" icon up in the top left hand corner of the video...

Uneventful day in the city yesterday. The doc saw some deterioration in the father-in-law, but nothing that warrants any changes. Off to work this morning to quote 2 more a/c installs, then back home to Vermilion for laundry, housework, and cut the grass...
        Last edited by abcowboy; August 6, 2020, 08:47 PM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas another 24,Homer/Teddy looks happy Jude and I'm sure those kids are in love with him, it's such a good responsibility for them to help care for him as well as a learning experience which all these kids are needing from home right now! Hope everyone has a great AF day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, great to see Homer/Teddy so well liked and settled in his new home, even if he’s afraid of the pig! He’s going to have so much fun with the kids. You made a tough decision but the right choice.

We were in the city yesterday for yet another medical appointment. Mrs QW commented that she hopes it’s the last one for a long time as we’re both tired of the drive, not being able to see our family and not feeling safe eating in restaurants.

Off to cut grass and attack the never ending honey do list. Have a great af Thursday everyone, stay safe.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

The mandatory masks seem to be working in our county. It's been in place 3 weeks and our numbers have dropped considerably. Headed in the right direction finally!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks again for posting the video cowboy! There was a misprint in my post yesterday; I meant to say that I could hear the sound. :happy2:

I'm having a routine procedure done next week, and have to go in for a covid test today. I feel well but am still a little anxious about getting the results.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Mini cool-off has felt great here. More heat coming.
                  Plenty of crickets and moles around here, lol.
                  Huge congratulations on 5 years, Bri! [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]. Always good to see you. Happy you're well, too.
                  24 more please

Comment

Congrats on 5 years, [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]! Wonderful achievement.

Glad to hear covid numbers have dropped in your county, Ginger! Long may it continue.

I did hear more night sounds last night before it cooled off too much. Not as robust as usual, but nice!

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“It doesn't matter who you used to be; what matters is who you decide to be today. You are not your mistakes. You are not your mishaps. You are not your past. You are not your wounds. You can decide differently today and at every moment. Remember that. You are offered a new opportunity with each breath to think, decide, choose and act differently – in a way that supports you in being all that you are capable of being. You are not less than. You are enough.” - Brittany Josephina

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

TGIF Cafe! More storms in our forecast today. Hope everyone has a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:43 am in Vegas another 24
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I cut our lawn yesterday plus our neighbour’s. They’re on a camping holiday until Sunday so cutting grass is one less thing they’ll have to do when they get home. And this morning we’re having a thunderstorm with heavy rain so no need to water lawns or gardens.

I need some advice from my Cafe friends. Before our neighbours went on holidays, I was asked to watch their house. Their 16 year old daughter was to be home part of the time. Her boyfriend was told he had to leave by 10pm nightly. He drives a very loud truck and disturbs the neighbourhood with his comings and goings. So his truck has been gone before 10 but he parks it a block away and I suspect walks back to spend the night with his girlfriend.
                            I know my neighbour is going to ask about his daughter and boyfriend. I won’t lie. He told me this is a matter of trust, she’s 16 and assured him there would be no issues. In their favour, they’ve been very quiet!
                            I know I’m old and it’s been a long time since I was 16 and in love/lust but the daughter has broken the trust she had with her parents. What I’m thinking I’ll do when the question is asked is suggest he ask his daughter. Hopefully she’ll be honest.
                            Any suggestions?

I’m barbecuing steak for supper this evening, wish you could all be here!

Have a great af Friday everyone. Stay safe and covidiot free!!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, that's a rough one. I think your idea of pointing the parents back to their daughter is a good one. It's telling them but not "telling them". I hope she comes clean and is practicing some form of birth control!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I agree with Ginger QW. I would be inclined to have the parents talk to there daughter first, as it's not something that I would want to get in the middle of.

Thanks for the quote yesterday cowboy! It's a good reminder to let go of the past, learn from our mistakes, and move on!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X