Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another worry reminder....

"Worry is like a rocking chair: It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere" Erma Bombeck

Comment

Ginger...I hope that you can get some answers from the ortho doc soon. Love Erma Bombeck!

Another sober day please and thank you!
      Last edited by Jude58; May 15, 2020, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Green Acres! Now there is a blast from the past! I nearly forgot about that show, QW. Glad you got all your technical issues worked out. Enjoy it, and long may it last!

I loved the Erma Bombeck quote, Ginger. I have a friend who has that tendency to worry. She always complains to me that she cannot sleep at night. I asked her what she does when she can't sleep. She puts on NPR radio to listen to. She then worries about what ever issue they are highligting. Perfect recipe for more sleeplessness! I tell her she really ought to find something else to listen to iin the middle of the night! How about an audio book? Do any of you grapple with sleep issues?

Yesterday we met Mr. D's brother and wife at the cemetary where their parents are buried to put fresh silk flowers on the graves. We took along a card table and chairs and we each brought coolers with food. We set up and had a picnic right at the edge of the cemetary near the gravesight! Yes, these are unusual times.... We had a good visit and shared some much needed laughter. I don't think we disturbed the peace to terribly though.

24 more hours, please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Another great quote Ginger. Worrying gets us nowhere for sure!! QW funny you should mention your doorbell camera. I kept getting notifications the other night about someone at my door. When I checked the camera, it was a bat flying around and then a fox both at the same time. They were both on my front porch. It was cool to see them. Pauly, sorry about your boss. Sounds like he wants to use the employees to get free labor. Dill I hope Mr. Dill gets some relief soon. OK Its pouring here today so I will have to find something creative to do. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Erma was a funny, wise woman.

Doc took an xray. After some manipulation, he determined that it's not tendons but more likely arthritis that flared because I continued to walk after it started hurting. Didn't have much choice because I was 2 miles out when it started. He said it could take months before it's back to normal. I will continue to RICE and limit walking for now. Hopefully, hiking again later this summer.

Happy Friday everyone! Counting my blessings. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I love Erma quotes!

We had a security system installed a couple of years ago, primarily for the doorbell camera. Parkinson’s has many side effects, one of which is hallucinations. Mrs QW was imagining people were knocking on our door or ringing the doorbell during the night and she was getting up to investigate! This hasn’t been an issue since we got the camera although I’d like to review the video and see wildlife!

Monday is a stat holiday in Canada. I noticed that a clothing store at our local mall reopened yesterday after 7 weeks of being closed. One of the first things they did was to put up a sign they’d be closed Monday!

Hope everyone stays safe, stays healthy and af free today.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 9:44 in yyc, going up to +17 today.

We are going to have some great weather this weekend, hopefully people here stay safe. We have the biggest outbreak in our province here in Calgary.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Saturday quote...
                      Enjoy those little things about your life, your family, spouse, friends, job. Forget about the thorns -the pains and problems they cause you - and enjoy life
                      Bernard Kelvin Clive

Comment

Good quote Ginger! With the right mindset, there are so many things in our lives that we can control!

Crazy weather here! A couple of days ago we had snow, and last night we had tornado watches in effect. Thankfully, no twisters made an appearance!

Sorry about your knee Ginger...it sucks getting old!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I hope your knee improves as quickly as possible. I also hope you will be able to continue walking for exercise, will you? I suppose swimming could be an alternative, but me, I do not enjoy swimming. Do you Ginger? Did your doctor give guidance about how you can get exercise? [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] thank you for a week of uplifting quotes! I agree with QW, you are the "queen of quotes"!

Rava, how annoying to have a bat triggering your alarm, but how fun, too! And the fox! I'd so love to have seen that!

QW, have things settled down any with Mrs. Q? I hope so for both of your sakes.

Anyone here do sudoku? I have used it as one of my pastimes during this quarantine time. Maybe will be doing it less soon as Ohio has opened up quite a bit recently and the governor says pools can open at the end of May along with child care centers, exercise facilities, and day camps. Hair and nail salons opened yesterday. He says the plan now is for schools to reopen in the fall but he also has asked school administrators to develop alternative plans for just in case. I suspect we will learn a lot over the next 2-3 weeks and then we'll know more about the future. I have read in the news that Georgia, which opened up 20 days ago and had a 12% decline in new hospitalizations, so that is a hopeful sign!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; May 16, 2020, 06:25 AM.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:32 am in Vegas another 24,QW, I never knew about the hallucinations with PD until I was watching a commercial on some med, that's sad I wonder why that happens? Glad she's more reassured now that nobody is knocking on the door Dill, I'm taking a wait and see too, our governor talked yesterday about opening phase 2 but says we're not ready, says we'll see where we're at in two weeks and if it goes up again he may roll us back! So I'm just taking it day by day like I have been I guess, Ginger! I'm sooo sorry about the knee and I feel awful cuz when hubs is having knee or ankle problems I tell him to go walk it off, I thought that was the right approach I'm so wrong what will you do for exercise? How about a bike? I suggested that to hubs too, anyhoo have a great AF day all
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thank you all for the concern. Doc sent me home with exercises and I can start with short walks. We have bikes and use them a lot down south. Here, not so much. That motion seems like it might be pretty painful. We might try it on the green way but not until I talk to doc about the xray. Ugh. Ordered a neoprene brace he recommended. Should be here Monday.

Dill, I don't swim. It kills my arthritic shoulder. Lol I'm a mess.

Counting my blessings! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X