~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Dill... those first moments in the early morning are my favorite time of day. Even when silence greets my ears, I know that the woods and fields that surround me are full of life and activity. Wish that you could have joined me as well.

Comment

"If people misunderstand you, do not worry...it is your voice that they hear, but what goes through their mind is...their own thoughts." — Rumi

33f here in Jersey at 7:23 am and the sun is hidden by soft blue blankets the light seeping from the edges. Toby did end up visiting yesterday but seemed to be in a mild mood as the snow fall was light. Looks like only a few inches. Committing to another 24!
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

5:02 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

28F and still snow on the ground. Weather forecasters now call for between 1-12 inches of snow Saturday, (what!?) or it could be rain, or a mix. We'll see. Probably the last burst of winter.
          Baseball starts here next Thursday.
          Ori, your quote reminded me a a line in the old Simon & Garfunkel song, The Boxer, "still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest."
          Thankfully, I'm hearing birds here in the morning.
          24 more please.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Our first night that the temp stayed above freezing! Hurray!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I too love the quiet and stillness of early mornings! Even though we live in town, our yard backs onto a ravine that starts the Provincial Park. It's nice to sit on the back deck and listen to the coyotes in the evening and morning. We get the odd deer wandering up the ravine from the Park and in the spring the rabbits are everywhere, it drives Hank crazy lol.

Instead of sitting out there and getting drunk, it's nice to sit and take in everything that Mother Nature has to offer, a cinema all in itself!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm envious of all of you living on the land.. I sleep with my window open and am awakened every morning at 4 sharp by the bird's songs.. this time of year they are so overly chirpy, making their plans. I also have a squirrel that comes every day from the park across the street to fetch a walnut from my balcony.. but that's about it. A fox every once in awhile.. for those things, I am grateful.
                Would love a bit of your snow, AB.. from all of you a bit. Enough to go sledding for a couple of days..
                We used to get at least a couple of weeks of snow a year.. but in the last 10 it's dwindled.. and the last 5 have barely brought any.. sad and scary because we are quite far North..

Love the quotes, Ori.. thank you!
                It's 430 pm here and I'm happy to be af.. Looking for another 24 for all of us.
                Last edited by lifechange; March 22, 2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                  I too love the quiet and stillness of early mornings! Even though we live in town, our yard backs onto a ravine that starts the Provincial Park. It's nice to sit on the back deck and listen to the coyotes in the evening and morning. We get the odd deer wandering up the ravine from the Park and in the spring the rabbits are everywhere, it drives Hank crazy lol.

Instead of sitting out there and getting drunk, it's nice to sit and take in everything that Mother Nature has to offer, a cinema all in itself!
                  I think I saw the 'odd deer' you were talking about, cowboy!!:

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], you don't have to live rurally to feel nature. I think as long as you can see squirrels, hear birds, feel the wind and rain, see the moon and feel the sun, you're doing grand! I don't know how people can stand living in large cities, with sky scrapers around them. I would feel so disconnected with nature I believe I would be quite unhappy.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours, please & thank you!

For the first time this winter, our cul de sac is having the built up snow and ice removed! Yippeeee! Feel like I should buy a lottery ticket! On our small street, they’ve had 2 bobcats, a grader, two front end loaders and a steady stream of dump trucks working all day and at 5pm, they still aren’t finished.
                    Lifechange, is it OK if we ship all our snow to you? Just wondering.

Hope everyone had/is having a great day!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Now that is an odd deer [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I’ve only ever seen 1 albino deer, and I’ve never heard of a 1/2 albino!

Comment

I was out at the farm this morning putting together another shelving unit that I picked up at HomeDepot so that I could properly sort and store my furnace and boiler repair parts. Of course I had to move stuff around to make room for the new shelves so my shop was in a bit of a mess. Bubba called me from work that her car wouldn't start, could I come back to town and look after it for her. Well, if I was still drinking I would have been right tore, not that I had to go back to town, or that I had to leave my shop in a mess, but because it would have spoiled my day of drinking! Not anymore, I quickly locked up the shop and headed back to town happy that I was going to be able to save the call out charge from our auto dealer! You know, it really is the small things that make sobriety great!

It was just a dead battery, I boosted it and got it home in the garage, cleaned the posts, topped up the water in the cells as they were way down, and it's just like new! Of course the dealer would have just replaced the battery instead of servicing it, so I saved a tow charge and the cost of a new battery! And not to mention perhaps the most important thing, happy wife, happy life lol.

Comment

Cowboy, good job helping out the wife when she needed you; that's what a relationship is all about. I too, have noticed a huge difference in my behavior since quitting the booze. Drinking was my number one priority, and anything that interfered with it really set me off. Truly sad when you think about it. I also agree with you 100% about not being able to live in the city. A lot of people are very happy to live amongst the tall buildings, traffic and activity that comes with living in an urban setting. These folks would hate to live where I do, saying it's boring, too quiet with nothing to do. My sister came to visit me once, and she is very much a "city girl." She had trouble sleeping here because it was "too quiet", and that she needed the sound of traffic to soothe her! As I was driving home from work last night, I saw many deer (there had to be more than a 100) grazing in the pastures near the tree line. I stopped and watched them for awhile, and time slowed down. It was like I was in a little bubble with just me, the deer, and the setting sun. Yes, the nearest store is 5 miles away, and it's of the Mom and Pop variety, one of those beer, bait, food and tackle kind of deals. It's also a long way to travel to work, doctor's appts. , etc..., often on roads that are treacherous during the winter, but I have everything that I need here, and wouldn't trade it for anything. To each his own I guess....that's the beauty of human kind; we are all unique!

Enough rambling for now......28 chilly degrees , but no snow in the forecast. Yippee! Here's to another 24 for myself and anyone that needs it!

Have a great day all!

Comment

Jude, I have had similar magical moment where time seems to stand still. It's a beautiful feeling and it always for me seems to be connected to moments in Nature. That is a real treasure! C.S. Lewis wrote a book entitled, Surprised by Joy. The books title was inspired by just such a moment he experienced. He wrote about chasing that feeling and how elusive it was for him; for all of us. It is just something that happens and when it does, it's wonderful!

Yes, I also have sorry memories when drinking meant more to me than anything or anyone else. I thank you [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], for bringing that back to me so I can remember those dark days and therefore happily face and embrace the next 24 alcohol free hours!
                            Last edited by dill; March 23, 2018, 06:34 AM.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." — Rumi

7:45 am here in Jersey and the sun is lost somewhere in those clouds, 35f. Committing to another 24!

Astronomer Announces He Has Discovered ... Mars
                              Last edited by Orimus; March 23, 2018, 06:49 AM.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X