Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thankyou!

A beautiful, sunny but cool day today, temps around freezing.

We had brunch with our family early afternoon and our grandkids, aged 5 and 3 could not have behaved any better! When the bill was handed to me there was a $7.50 deduction for well behaved children!!

Hope everyone had a great af day!

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; March 25, 2018, 07:32 PM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

""When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.""--Jimi Hendrix
      "On a personal level..When we operate from a genuine position of love, compassion and kindness, when we show love for ourselves and love for other people, we feel more at peace. Conversely, when we operate from a position of wanting power, prestige and control, we tend to behave in more hostile ways and we cause distress to others and ourselves along the way. To know peace, we need to behave in a loving peaceful way. " (offtherocks)

This is definitely the case for me.. When I'm not acting from a loving place in my heart, I feel the consequences immediately.

That brekkie was amazing yesterday, AB-- what I wouldn't give for that stack of pancakes!:happy2:
      Here's to another 24 af hours for us all.
      xx

Comment

LC, those were wonderful quotes and great thoughts to start the day. Especially appropriate for Easter week.

I'm waiting for our morning porch report (@Jude58 )which combined with those quotes, should get me off to a strong start to seize another af day!

Thanks for the breakfast yesterday, Cowboy! It was quite filling!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy
          It's Palm Sunday today for those who follow the Bible and its teachings. And just like the people of Jerusalem opened their city up to the Saviour, all we have to do is open our minds and hearts to the Saviour. It took me a long time to understand that simple thing, but it worked for me…
          I was raised in the Catholic tradition Cowboy and I understand deeply what you are saying. I feel so fortunate that I was taught at an early age about the lessons in the bible and the history of the Jewish people and the origins of Christianity. And the life and teachings and death of Jesus were at my core. I fell away from the church for years and years but I never fell away from the core of it's teachings. It was the structures of the institution that I rebelled against. The core of it's teachings, Christ's teachings, are the way to live, no doubt. The center of His teachings are embodied in [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] 's quote by Hendrix today. People are critical of structured religion and particularly Christianity in our culture today but for me it has been a guiding light and will remain so.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

38f and sunny here in Jersey at 7:49 am. Committing to another 24!

An interesting article that I came across this morning 1 in 10 not 1 n 1. lol):
            1 in 1 Sober People Have Cocaine or Heroin on Their Fingertips
            Last edited by Orimus; March 26, 2018, 06:50 AM.
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

38F with a low grey sky. Don't think we'll see the sun here all week.
              Dill, the Jesuits are three miles from me, the other Uni, one mile. That "Skyline" is just a few blocks. Now you can pin-point where I live, lol.
              24 more here please

Comment

5:04 am on Vegas,another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 degrees and glorious sunshine, something that we don't see enough of in this neck of the woods. The light is wonderful to see after such long periods of darkness....

Great posts LC and Dill, really makes you think about a lot of things.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I'm still full from breakfast yesterday...was delish!

Now for the inevitable porch report: It was 5:00 am when I stepped out onto the porch and really cold, but the air was still. Brilliant stars scattered throughout the sky made me catch my breath. A great horned owl repeatedly called out into the night, yet no one answered. I know that I'm being silly, but it kind of made me sad.

Here's to another 24 for myself and for anyone else that needs it. Have a great Monday all!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 more hours of freedom for me please, and thanks...

Very foggy here this morning, but hovering around the freezing mark....I'll take it!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You know what really scared me about my drinking [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]; the power that alcohol had over me. It controlled my very existence. I knew I had to get that power back, that I could be strong enough to choose what the rest of my life would be like. And one of the best things about being sober is the inner peace we get when we know that alcohol no longer controls our thoughts and actions!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; March 26, 2018, 08:04 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

A sunny and warm day today although with the amount of snow still here, it may be August before the grass needs cutting!! And, being spring in Alberta, we have more snow in the forecast this weekend.

Hope everyone had/has a great af day.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Up early today....sleep took a quick wave at me last night then disappeared. It happens, but it's not the end of the world.

No nature sounds but the howling wind from the back porch this morning. The good news is that the winds are bringing in some warm air, and it's supposed to be near 50 F today. Yay!

I was reading on another forum this morning, and someone posted that a huge percentage of problem drinkers are between the ages of 50 and 70. My dad always drank ALOT, but after he retired, the booze flowed even more freely. He was the primary caregiver for my Mom and after she passed, I think that he was overwhelmed with his own health issues, and
                          having too much time on his hands. He was later diagnosed with "Wet Brain" which lands a lot of folks in nursing homes. Luckily, my sister was able to care for him in her home through his remaining years. At the time, I was too involved with my own addiction to be of much help to my dad, and I still feel a tremendous guilt over it. Wish that I could tell him how sorry I was for not being there when he needed me. :sad:

One of the many reasons that I quit drinking was due to the fact that I hope to retire in a couple of years. My heaviest drinking day was Sunday and there was always hell to pay on Monday morning. (I usually had to have a couple of Bloody Mary's before work, just to feed the withdrawal) It didn't take me too long to figure out that in retirement, everyday would become Sunday. I've worked hard all of my life, and to just throw that away spending my time in a mindless stupor, just waiting for the end ,was absolutely horrifying to me. It's a good motivator for me to never take that first drink.

Asking for another 24 and thank you!

Comment

I stepped out on the deck to take measure of the day. I was greeted by muted bird song and a car passing in the distance. It was wet, but no wind, thank goodness! 40F. A fine spring morning, all in all!
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], :hug: Don't dwell on past mistakes. Nobody is perfect and everybody falls short of the mark at some point. We all have baggage from our past. At some point it becomes time to put the baggage down stand up straight and walk on. You are doing that now so be proud of that! I think you are so wise to be preparing for your retirement the way you are. So much time on our hands in retirement can be a real problem. That was a motivator for me as well.

Mr. V, I got the picture! Did you ever know of a place called The City View Tavern? I think it burned down long ago. It was one of my haunts. :happy2: Great BBQ sandwich served with coleslaw right on the bun with the meat. Loved that sandwich!

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; March 27, 2018, 06:24 AM.
                            Dill

Comment

4:44 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks..

Decent morning, just below freezing, but no stars to be seen...2 days of snow in the forecast...sheez....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X