Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Ah, Spring in Alberta. We aren’t getting rain, and lots of it like Mr V is expecting, but I just shovelled about 10cms of heavy wet snow. And Cowboy, those of us in the south are expecting more winter this weekend.

Have a great af day everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:41 am here in Jersey, 49f, cloudy and dark. Looks like rain though they're saying only a slight chance. Committing to another 24!

No time off for Easter which I completely forgot about. Still, might head up to my brother's in Syracuse. Don't think I've ever gone up there for the holiday. It would mean driving up late Friday/early Saturday and back late evening on Sunday but ....
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I love the quotes this week, LC! Keep 'em coming. Short and sweet is great.

Cowboy, it's a traditional Easter here. My son and grandchildren plan to come Saturday and will spend the night. The Easter Bunny will come over night and leave some baskets and hide some eggs. :happy2: I'll be making ham, sweet potatoes and asparagus. Not sure about desert yet. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Crusader
        I hope you are all well and finding joy in your lives.
        Loved that. Thank you C. True joy is much easier to find when alcohol free, this much I know for a fact!

24 today please and thank you!
        Last edited by dill; March 29, 2018, 05:48 AM.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:43 am in Vegas,another 24 please my Easter sounds like Dills,grandkids and ham haha
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

No big plans for Easter here....having a quiet day. Running late today, so a quick request for 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Cold and clear this morning, colder weather coming, supposed to be -21C (-6F) tomorrow night. It's going to stay cold for the weekend, so no outside Easter Egg hunts for the kids in my part of the country!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Great to see you again [MENTION=24140]Crusader[/MENTION] and well done on 41 days!
              Last edited by abcowboy; March 29, 2018, 07:25 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quotes this week [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], short and sweet with meaningful messages just like my Bubba lol! Like yesterday's, never take anything for granted, least of all our sobriety!

I didn't get back home very often for Christmas or Easter either [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], but one thing I've learned, never pass up an opportunity to spend time with family! You just never know how long they'll be with us...

I know what I'll be having for desert on Sunday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], poppyseed cake with whipped cream and strawberries. It's the traditional Easter desert at the in-laws!

Seems like ham is the norm for Easter, turkey for Christmas and Thanksgiving. We'll have ham and eggs for brunch on Saturday with Ashley, then she'll get her huge Kinder chocolate egg. She loved those when she was little, the egg and the surprise inside, we've carried that on every year except for the 2 years she wasn't speaking to me. Time heals most everything if you put a little effort into it!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

55F and still raining, more to come.
                  24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hoping to spend some fun time with the grand babies over the weekend! They are the best!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Well, I finally got out to the calving barn today to get the cell signal booster installed, and I was just in time to watch a calf being born! The first pic is that calf about a half an hour old and just getting to his feet for the first time.The other two pics are of a calf about 6 hours old, struggling to his feet, then making it around momma to get a drink lol

Last edited by abcowboy; March 29, 2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

""I think 99 times and I find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence, and the truth comes to me.""-- Albert Einstein
                        So often the case for me!
                        I hope everyone is well and looking forward to a nice weekend.
                        Here's to another 24 af hours for us all..xx

Great photos, AB.. you were so lucky to witness a birth! Thank you for sharing..

Comment

Love that quote, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! That is just so true for me, too!

The photos were great, cowboy. So special to see new life! Poppy seed cake is a good suggestion, but I'm not sure the grandkids would like it. I would tho! I haven't made that in years and years. So even if I don't make it for Sunday, it's definitely on the radar and will be baked very soon! I am thinking of making a cherry pudding for desert. But again, not sure the grandkids would like it. They like brownies, and simple cakes like yellow, white or chocolate. I guess I'll choose from one of those!

24 please and thank you!
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

40 degrees in N.Y. and raining.....
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] You're making me hungry with all of this talk of pies, cakes and puddings!

Great quotes this week LC! I especially liked the one today. Sometimes you just have to turn off your brain and follow your instincts.

Loved the pics [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! The miracle of birth never gets old for me, as it is the very beginning of that great circle we call life.

Asking for another 24 please, and hope that everyone has a sober day!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Durn cold this morning, -16C (1F) and getting colder! Winter has it's icy grips in us still! It's sounds like Calgary and area is in for another spring storm, so Ashley is waiting to see what the weather is going to be before she starts the 5 hour drive home...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

43F and still raining.
                                Yes, LC, it's best not to overthink things.
                                Great photos Cowboy.
                                Off to work today, long day.
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X