~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi Mr. V!!! I knew you were cruising along in your AF time I'm with you on the no unemployment cuz of self-employed they opened up a "gig workers" claim here but my daughter who works with me is having a heck of a time getting through, glad you had money saved and it's great to see you! LC, your daughter is so young but hey I was 16 when I got married and we just had our 30th yesterday, I can't even believe it! On the way to dinner yesterday I just held my hubs hand and said "we made it" lm still in awe, congratulations to your daughter and hearing how mature she is I think she'll be just fine, 5:47 am in Vegas another 24,I'm not very artsy but I love coloring in the boy's coloring books and I can color an awesome ninja turtle haha! Much love to all and wishes for a happy day for us all!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lots to celebrate here in the cafe! Great to see you Mr. V and G.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. It’s going to be an indoor day thanks to torrential rains and thunderstorms.

Mr V, great to see you back in the Cafe!! We missed you but understand needing to take a break from things. Huge congrats on 3 years af!! Hope the return of sporting events means more work opportunities.

Great to read about the hobbies and talents Cafe friends have. Photography, or painting with light as it’s been described, has been a love of mine for years, capturing wildflowers my favourite subject. For about 15 years I did wedding photography as a part time business and thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ve taken advantage of being stuck at home these past few months to learn more about my cameras, especially shooting in manual and look forward to getting out again soon.
        Living close to the Rocky Mountains has been inspirational and hiking with a 4 legged fur buddy has made the experience even better.

Pauly, happy 30th anniversary!!

Mr G, I understand it’s another stat holiday in your part of the world. Happy Queen’s Birthday!

Have a great af Sunday everyone. Stay safe & healthy.

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; June 7, 2020, 11:24 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great to see you, Mr. V! Congratulations on 3 years of sobriety!
          And happy 30 year anniversary, Pauly!:love:

Comment

So glad to see you back at the cafe Mr. V! We really missed you! So sorry to hear that the last few months have been pretty rough on you. Just think how much worse it would have been if you had been drinking!

Happy Anniversary Pauly!

Wonderful breakfast yesterday cowboy! Thank you!

Would love to see some of your photography posted here [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I bet that they're beautiful!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

. Good morning! I thought this might be a good quote. Sometimes when we are feeling low and thinking about drinking, we look for any excuse to start up again. I have literally made things to be much worse as an excuse to start up again. Understanding this is part of the recovery process. Happy 30th Anniversary Pauly. Wow you definitely were a child bride at 16! You knew what you wanted! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

I loved the quote, Rava! It is so true. We can so often make a mountain out of a molehill and use it as an excuse.

The madness of crowds has been such an overwhelming downer. I hope this time soon passes and cooler heads can once again prevail. In the meantime, I am making good use of the power off button and the fast forward button. 99% of what we see in the media is only there to manipulate our feelings in a negative way, not to truthfully inform or educate. I'll not drink over it!

Congrats on 30 years Pauly! Sunday brunch, Cowboy.

24 more please and thank you.

Thanks for another great
                Last edited by dill; June 8, 2020, 06:10 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Café!
                  Great quote, Rava.. something I've definitely been known to do.. Let it go, let it go..
                  Thank you for the delicious breakfast yesterday, AB!
                  QW, I'm jealous of your proximity to hiking trails.. that's what I miss the most about living in this city.
                  Hope everyone has a nice Monday.. here's to 24 af hours!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love that quote, Rava and so true!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We have a brief window of sunshine before wet weather returns in a few hours so Jessie and I headed out for our 6km walk at 6:30.

Many of our provincial and national parks have only just re-opened or are about to re-open so access to my favourite hiking trails has been impossible. I am looking forward to getting out with the camera & Jessie for some adventures and hopefully some nice photos. If any are worth showing, I’ll try and post a few Jude. Tomorrow looks like a good day to get some bird photos at the wetland.

Great quote Rava, sad that so many people do that. We need to be more like dogs in that regard!

Off to brekkie, not quite what Cowboy served yesterday though.

Have a great af Monday everyone, stay safe & healthy.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

11:15 am in yyc, another 24 please.
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

That looked like a “full Irish”, or perhaps a full English breakfast, Cowboy!

So nice that you made it 30 years with Hubs, Pauly. That is worth celebrating!

That quote startled me, and made me pause & think, Rava. Ain’t that the truth!

Such a beautiful day here again! 24 more easy AF hours on an easy, enjoyable day.
                              Last edited by Slo; June 8, 2020, 09:03 PM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I can certainly remember using (or creating) bad days as an excuse to run for the bottle. Unfortunately, such actions made the next day even worse. Thanks for the reminder [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X