No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

No hunting today as Adam has to work, 126 railroad cars need filling with wheat! So it's a big breakfast today!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for breakfast cowboy...I'm stuffed!

Yesterday was opening day for hunting season but Mr. J didn't see any deer. Better luck next time I guess.

QW.. I can't believe that they don't enforce wearing masks in your area. Do you see many people not wearing them? I can't believe that anyone would take that risk, not to mention the fact that they could potentially infect someone else.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had a great socially distant, mask wearing visit with our Calgary family yesterday. It was sunny and mild enough for us to be outside. I’m sure our grandson has grown an inch since we last saw him. Since it was getting dark by the time we got home, rather than barbecue we supported a local restaurant and had a wonderful take away meal.

Our youngest son said on our weekly Skype visit last evening that Victoria State and Melbourne have had no new Covid cases and no deaths for the last few weeks so their restrictions are being lifted. The six week quarantine was very strict BUT it worked. Hmmmmm, wonder if that might work here? All we need is leadership!

I’m having a phone visit with my sister this morning. She and my b-i-l are both doctors and practice in the Toronto area. And, they’re both exhausted from long hours of working, after which they still get to do paperwork! There’s something wrong with this scenario.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy. Might have to make blueberry pancakes this morning.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, that's very annoying! I think if they'd have made it mandated everywhere we wouldn't be on the verge of shutdowns again! Tha k you for acknowledging my decision to leave that shop, too many mornings of sitting in my car in the parking lot and crying cuz I don't want to go in just isn't worth it and a couple of weeks ago I went and got so mad I left and went and bought beers, that's when I made the decision that shop is done 6:02 am in Vegas another 24,Rava glad the sleepover went well, wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, it was definitely time!

Thanks for brekkie, ABC. Now I need real pancakes! Hubby makes a mean batch. Guess I'll have to order some this morning!

Boy, weekends are sure quiet compared to the school days! Hope everyone has an easy day. 24 more!

Comment

Gorgeous day here in The Sierras. I’m going for another 24!
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks for yesterdays breakfast Cowboy. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Pauly, it sure sounds like you made the right decision to leave your part time job. Wishing everyone a great Monday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

It's been a few days ago now but I am finally getting around to weighing in on the long johns/tights discussion: I wear long johns. They are commonly called long johns or long underwear around these parts. Tights wouldn't do because around here what we refer to as 'tights' include a sock part. That wouldn't do in my opinion because often times in snowy/wet weather feet get wet and you need to change you socks. I wouldn't want to have to completely undress to remove my tights each time my socks got wet!

Thanks for that great breakfast yesterday Cowboy!

24 more more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; November 23, 2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I remember wearing long john's as a boy, but haven't worn them for years, don't like how they feel underneath my jean's. I do wear insulated coveralls quite a bit during winter though, easier to put on and take off if I'm moving in and out of houses during the day lol.

Hopefully Mr J get's his deer [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; November 23, 2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Windy and chilly this morning with showers. Might be a good day to stay in and read!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

When I hear long johns I think of those thermal thingies you wear under clothes and tights are like pantyhose but made outta socks, which were popular in the 80's when I was a little girl my mom used to buy me them to wear under dresses, long johns I only wore when my dad would wake us up while it was still dark to go fishing, where I grew up was cold but I don't need either now haha Our governor talked last night and he's backed inside dining to 25%bars 25% and something about 50 people, I quit listening to him part way through, he says he's monitoring for the next 3 weeks, says masks are mandated even outside but honestly I'm still ripping mine off when I leave buildings! Anyhoo 5:22 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF Monday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yikes! Running late. 24 more.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m off to the city for another hip treatment this afternoon and then it’ll be straight home. Mrs QW was going to come with me but due to the virus will stay safely at home.

I didn’t see any good news this morning, hope there is some somewhere!

Wait, there is some good news - we’re all af and here in the Cafe. That’s great news.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X