~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

AB, I also meant to say how happy I am that you have contact and nice relationships with your daughter again! So wonderful to have her home for Easter.
    Yes, the food talk is revvin' me up.. though the best friend of my eldest came today from out of town to visit for 8 days.. and she's vegan. Which I have no problem with if I know ahead of time!.. shops are open tomorrow, so I'll be stocking up.. I love the quiet of the holidays but do stress a bit when everything is closed Fri., Sun. and Mon... I guess a lot of you living on the land are used to shopping in advance. I normally stop by the shop every day.. Here's to lists!
    Last edited by lifechange; March 30, 2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

6:43 am in Vegas,another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Late check in for me. The shovel got a good workout this afternoon and after doing my driveway and the neighbours, my little buddy looked at me with a woeful expression. So, tired as I was, we went for our usual 6km walk.

We’re in the process of switching phone, internet and cable providers and the new company called to see if they could do the install today instead of the scheduled time on Sunday. It took 2 hours but it’s done. Now the fun begins!

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I have filled the Easter Eggs with treats and have filled the Easter Baskets with treats. Now I look forward to the treat of watching the egg hunt tomorrow! I often wonder which day means more to me, Christmas or Easter. I'm going with Easter!

Gratefully committed to 24.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

33F with an eerie grey shroud of damp fog over the area. It finally stopped raining, but more expected today.
            I mention weather a lot, because I'm out in it often.
            Mrs V is working all weekend, preparing for a national convention here. This normally would be a free-for-all for me. No drinking here this weekend.
            24 more please.

Comment

25 degrees but sunny this morning! I'll take it! When I stepped out onto the back porch earlier, I saw the moon glowing brilliantly as it hung in the sky over the tree line. Always a good way to start the day!

Here's to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

I like reading the weather reports here Mr V, I just wish I had something better to report than bitter cold! The porch reports are always great as well Jude and Dill!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange
                  AB, I also meant to say how happy I am that you have contact and nice relationships with your daughter again!
                  It took a while LC for her to forgive me, but forgive she did! Things will never be the same between us, but I have my daughter back, and that's all that counts! She won't be home for Easter as it turns out because of the weather down in Calgary, I told her that I'd rather have her safe and not taking any risks just to get home for a couple day visit!

2nd oldest daughter, Brandie, flies out from Vancouver today for a 2 week hiking vacation in Australia! Oldest daughter, Amanda, was there last year so Brandie had to go too! I think those two girls are seeing who can fill the most passport books up lol.

I went to work yesterday afternoon for a bit. I know it was a holiday and all, but I'm renovating both upstairs bathrooms for a farmer friend. Their two daughters and so's were coming home for Easter and there would have been just one toilet and a small 32" shower on the main floor so it would have meant that one small bathroom would be shared by 7 of them! I slipped out there for a couple of hours to set another toilet upstairs, and put the finish trim on the new walk-in shower so that there wouldn't be so much waiting time for them to use a bathroom lol. After I was done, I joined them in the kitchen for an Easter drink and a bit of visiting. All kinds of booze on the kitchen table but Melanie asked if I wanted coffee or a Coke, they know I quit drinking, and I accepted the coffee and not another word was said. You can't beat friends like that!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I forgot to ask [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], what did you finally decide on for desert?

Comment

6:38 am in Vegas,another 24 please Cowboy,sorry your daughter won't be able to make it home for Easter but I am glad you two are getting along again
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I decided on a simple, store bought box cake, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! That's what they like best at this stage and hopefully if I don't make something that I or Mr. D really like, there's a possibility we won't eat too much of it! LOL! I can send all uneaten remains home with them! A simple but elegant plan, since both of us are trying to lose some of our winter weight.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

""some day we'll find what we're looking for. or maybe not. maybe we'll find something much greater than that..""
                          I think that just by not drinking.. by taking this "simple" step in my life, I am finding things much greater than I could have imagined.. every little thing has gained importance.. all the things I once ignored..
                          Happy Easter to all of you... Peace! xx

Comment

Great posts this week [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Today's made me ponder about Bruce, then and now..... Sobriety has made me a better husband, father, friend, and family member than I ever could have been, even if I was a normal drinker!

Comment

Another long day and another late check in.

Frigid temperatures prevented a meander today so my little buddy isn’t too happy. Me either.

Much of the day was spent dealing with the switch in phone, internet and cable providers. As if that wasn’t enough, dummy here bought a sound bar and attempted a connect. Apparently my 10 year old Panasonic Viera plasma TV doesn’t have an optical port. Who knew? Good thing I’m not drinking!!!

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; March 31, 2018, 09:20 PM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.”
                                ― John Paul II

37 degrees here in N.Y. with heavy rain. There's going to be a lot of wet Easter Bonnets out there today!

Thanks for the week of great quotes LC, you are an inspiration to us all!

Humbly asking for another 24 hours and thank you!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Comment

Working...
                                X