~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

. This quote reminds me of all the effort we have put into our quits. Nothing just happens without a lot of hard work and determination. We are all here because of our determination to change and desire to live a better life. Hope everyone has a great day. I’m off early to the store before the lines get too long waiting to get in. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

70F and sunny this morning, but the remnants of Cristobol rolling in later today and tomorrow.
        Trying to squeeze some yard work and a bike ride in before the rain.
        Happy Anniversary, Pauly!
        Don't drink, it's gross

Comment

Has anybody heard what was said at yesterday's World Health Organization Covid19 press conference? They said that non symptomatic spread is very rare! I couldn't find a video of it anywhere but I did find an audio link. The whole thing is very informative on many topics but the bit about asymptomatic spread starts at 31:40 if you want to go directly to it. The information is evidence based. There is information on masks just before that point that was informative too.

The expert (I don't know her name, sorry) states 2-3 times that it is rare and at 35:10 she states it for the last time, so if you just want a quick soundbyte, go there.

I hope the link works for everyone. It was a great revelation to me! I wanted to pass it along to you. :happy2:

24 more, please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; June 9, 2020, 07:10 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24 Dill, thanks for sharing, QW hope you can get your nice long walks in, Rava, they haven't had grocery store lines here since this first started, Costco maybe but that it, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day, I say AF cuz I don't like the word "sober" I know there's a difference between being sober and just alcohol free but hey it works for me!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yep! This AF life takes work, Rava. Good quote!

Dill, thanks for the link. I'm anxious to hear it. We haven't had lines around here and it shows! Sunday we had 175 confirmed cases. It's starting to feel like we'll never get into phase 2!

Helped my sister put down her 13 yo border collie yesterday. Three weeks ago her back end just quit working they tried everything but nothing helped. A retired vet came to their home and put sweet Dottie down. She was an amazing dog and has left a giant hole in the hearts of all that knew her. 💔

I will not drink! Another 24.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sorry to learn your sister had to put her border collie down Ginger. I’m sure it meant a lot to her that you were there. Dogs are such a big part of your life and leave a huge hole. Hopefully your sister will be comforted by the many fond memories of 13 years with Dottie. As a friend told me a few years ago after we put our beloved Kristie to sleep, They wrap their paws around your heart and they’ll always be there.
                Jessie is our second border collie, they are an amazing breed of dog. Smart, loyal and great companions. I will give her a special hug and a scratch behind the ears when I’ve finished writing this.

Jessie was in stalking mode on our walk this morning. She spotted several gophers and thought they needed herding!

Once again our weather forecast is wrong and the threatening skies mean no photo excursion to the wetland in search of birds.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone, stay safe & well.

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; June 9, 2020, 09:47 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:21 in yyc. sunny day today.

Sorry about your sister's dog Ginger. That really sucks

Don't drink today everyone, its gross.
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Rain here now; just started.

17 y/o daughter has had a couple of opportunities the last couple of days to get together with a friend or two and go swimming. I’m happy for her!

I’m just plugging along and keeping up with housework and de-cluttering. I have a little more energy than I did over the weekend.

That’s painful about the dog, Ginger. Our dog is 11 years old.

I’ll give that a listen, Dill. Thanks!

24 more hours AF for me.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another good quote Rava! Thank you! Also thanks for the link dill I'll have to check it out when I have more time!

Sad about your sisters dog Ginger. I have one purebred Border Collie and two Border Collie mixes. They are awesome dogs, and I dread the day that I have to day goodbye to them.

It's going to be a hot one today, but at least there's a nice breeze!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

. A meaningful life is what we strive for. Dulling it with booze certainly doesn’t make this happen. Being aware and sober makes us appreciate things so much more. Ginger so sorry about your sisters border collie. They are part of the family for sure. Dill thanks for the video information. I will take another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your sister’s dog [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], tough thing to do, but something we will all have to face if we want to have pets. Hank’s right hind leg is giving out on him more and more now, both hind legs do it, but not as often. Hopefully they won’t give out completely on him…

Thought provoking quote this morning [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], made me stop and think about what makes my life meaningful? That’s a tough question to answer. What does make life meaningful? Success? Happiness? Money? Family? I imagine we’d all have a different answer, mine would be that if I died tomorrow, would I die a happy man. If I was able to answer yes to that, then my life was meaningful…

Comment

Sorry about your sister's dog Ginger, I've been watching Winslow closely cuz he's been acting kinda weird bored, listless and extra sleepy+more glued to us this past two weeks, I'm dreading the day he ever goes too im also sorry the cases are growing still in your area but really they're increasing allover, I think NV hit the over 10,000 cases statewide now, waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good quote, Rava. Drugs/alcohol definitely do not supply meaning to our lives. In fact they do the opposite. For me the meaning of life is to love and be loved and be a force for good. The rest is just what we do to achieve that....or not.

The WHO official changed her stance from yesterday doing pretty much a 180 in to me what seemed like a rather forced statement

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X