~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

What a wonderful quote, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! You hit it!

Originally posted by Quit wining
    Much of the day was spent dealing with the switch in phone, internet and cable providers. As if that wasn’t enough, dummy here bought a sound bar and attempted a connect. Apparently my 10 year old Panasonic Viera plasma TV doesn’t have an optical port. Who knew? Good thing I’m not drinking!!!
    Yes, it's not just a good thing, it's a great thing! No way could you work your way through that maze if you were!

I'm up early and waiting for the sleepy heads to arise and find that the Easter Bunny has been here!

Happy Easter everyone! :heartbeat: 24 more please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; April 1, 2018, 05:37 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

40F with a broken sky, just a hint of sun.
      Happy Easter morning to those that celebrate. (And the rest of yiz, too)
      Standing rib roast was on sale yesterday, $5.99/lb, so it's prime rib for dinner, yum! I'll take it over ham any day, lol.
      24 more please.

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, 24 more for more for me please, and thanks...

Another cold morning, it's bound to change soon I hope!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I best get breakfast out bright and early!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congrats on the double digits Mr V!

Comment

Happy Easter y'all! I know that we keep politics out of the Café, and I try to not post too much about religion either. But Jude's quote this morning reminded me why I'm sober. 1175 days ago I would have laughed at that quote, and more than likely started a drunken argument. But not today, today I believe. 1174 days ago at 3:55am something happened to me, something that no one can explain, and if you can't explain it, what is it? To me, it was a miracle!

I'm still not very religious, I have started going back to church but not on a regular basis. But I do pray everyday, and I do thank God everyday for everything around me, not just my sobriety. So yes, I believe, and for that I am grateful...

Last edited by abcowboy; April 1, 2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

7;00 am in Vegas,another 24 please,Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My little buddy convinced me that I needed to make up for missing a walk yesterday so we did 2 today, a little over 10kms.

Mr V, wish we were joining you for supper. Wish you could try some Alberta beef. Us Albertans think it’s the best anywhere!
                  And a big congrats on your milestone!! Well done.

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; April 1, 2018, 04:48 PM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

We woke up to a blanket of snow this morning! Thank goodness it held off. Easter Sunday was sunny but chilly so we were able to have our Easter egg hunt outdoors. Fun!

I'm not going to step foot out on the deck until later in the day, so no nature reports from here today!

Committing to 24 more.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

— Theodore Roosevelt

I can remember when I was drinking, feeling no highs or lows; I was just flat and uncaring, living for that next round of numbing poison. Back then that was my life, and I couldn't see very far out of the hole that I had dug. I think that "gray twilight" was pretty much it in a nutshell. So glad that I found a way out of that hole......

The moon had a haze around it this morning as I stood out on the back porch. A turkey gobbled in the distance, and the creek splashed onward to its destination. No matter where we are physically or emotionally, life goes on around us.

26 degrees here in N.Y. Here's to another 24 hours and thank you!
                      Last edited by Jude58; April 2, 2018, 05:41 AM.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-18C (-3F), still cold, but at least it's clear and no wind!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hopefully everyone got through the weekend okay. We got back from Vegreville last night and I was stuffed! I eat way too much when we're at the in-laws, but the food is too good to pass up seconds! And of course we stopped at Walmart and loaded up on the Easter chocolate that was on sale lol.

In not sure that I was even living at the end of my drinking days Jude. It was more like a routine, get up, try and work and drink, come home, drink some more, then go to bed. Just a vicious cycle repeated day after day. I don't think you could even call it existing, more like just barely hanging on. But those days are behind me now, I get up in the morning now and look forward to what the day might bring!

Comment

35f with a light covering of snow, it will be gone in a few hours or so.
                            Thanks for the congrats.
                            I wrote this on another site, "10 months and 1 day!
                            I was starting to feel a little sorry for myself, and feeling a bit bored. But, when I really thought about it, when I was drinking, I was really boring, just drinking and getting through the next day. Just existing. Now I'm living.
                            I'd love to come up and share some beef, QW!
                            The roast was excellent, if I say so myself, lol!
                            24 more please!

Comment

Mr V that roast looks amazing! Bet it tasted great.

Still winter here sadly. The windchill when we walked this morning was -19C. The high today was -6, the mormal high is +8.

I took my 4 legged buddy and my Nikon for a ride in the country in search of eagles. Didn’t see any but we did see a ring neck pheasant and about a million gophers!

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It's 7am and a rainy morning.. should be clearing up and getting very warm the next days..
                                I'm taking a bit of a break from the computer this week.. lots of work and the kids are off school.
                                But I'm working on my sobriety each day in other ways..
                                So here's to 24 hours and the rest of the week af!:happy2:
                                See you all on the weekend..xx

Comment

Working...
                                X