Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi Café!

Great quotes yesterday and today, Rava..
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Ginger..I haven't had dogs since I was a kid, but I still think of Poco often. She was the one I was really close to.:hug: to you and your sister.

Here's to 24 AF hours for all of us!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another thought provoking quote today Rava!

Jessie got within 10 feet of a gopher this morning on our walk before the critter disappeared down a hole. She’ll be reliving that in her dreams all day! It was sunny and 10C this morning at 6 when we did our 6km route.

Off to the bird sanctuary with the camera gear after brekkie.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone. Stay safe, stay well. This pandemic is a long way from over.

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; June 10, 2020, 09:02 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, sunny and hot today +22C, oh yeah baby!

My daschund would go nuts if he saw a gopher QW, he would be in his glory all day too.

Don't drink today!
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Almost forgot to check in! Crazy around here for some reason. Thank you all for your kind thoughts regarding Dottie. It helps a lot.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Yeah, the site is working a little slowly for me.

What a delightful bike ride this morning! So warm and fragrant! I’m toning it down to biking only ~every other day, alternating with my yoga/Pilates-type DVD. I’m trying to find the sweet spot for dealing with the nerve degeneration in my lower back, plus my knee. Now the windy & ominous stormy weather has moved in.

Thinking of you while you’re grieving the sudden loss of that special dog in your life, Ginger.

Daughter just won’t bother to keep her room picked up & vacuumed. I’m tired of nagging, she doesn’t like written reminders, and saying nothing results in her doing absolutely nothing. I am completely tired of this and defeated, and, instead of working with her any more to build these life skills of cleaning, organizing, & decorating; I’m probably just going to spin this 17 y/o off.
            If she wants to be independent, then fine: have complete domain over your own trash pit (I mean “room”), but you also get to wash all of your own laundry and bedding too, as part of your complete control over your domain!

I wash, dry, & fold all of her laundry for her and set it in her room, then she refuses to put it away! Then next week when I do laundry then the basket of folded clothes from last week is still there, despite several reminders.

Sounds minor & petty, but it’s chronic; and spread out over several decades and over four daughters. I’m tired of being ignored, and tired of being taken advantage of.

Another 24 hours AF today!
            Last edited by Slo; June 10, 2020, 08:49 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Slo, the joys of raising kids!

We went through similar issues with our boys and there’s no doubt it’s frustrating. Our oldest son was straightened out by our daughter in law. Our middle son, we’re not too sure of as we haven’t been inside his apartment in a few years. Last we saw it, it was in very good shape. Writing this I was reminded of a time when he was in high school, he complained about his lunch. The next day his sandwich contained an unwrapped cheese slice. We pointed out if he didn’t appreciate his lunch, he could make his own from then on. He did.
              Our third son was always messy and still is.
              But, they never gave us any trouble. As a justice of the peace I dealt with a lot of young offenders and saw what can happen.

I hope you and your daughter can come to a happy compromise Slo!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Slo...let your daughter do her own laundry from now on! When she runs out of clean underwear, I bet she changes her tune!

Thanks for another great quote Rava! I still can't believe how full my my life is when I'm not drinking. I see and participate in so many things with that monkey off my back!

Asking for another AF day and thank you!

Comment

. Took me a long time to actually say this in public. People look at you funny or want to know why. It’s really a life choice and no ones business. Those that pry about it probably are curious because they have a problem. Just those 3 words are so easy to say. So much easier than an explanation. Once we make it easy in how we talk about it, it becomes easier in our mind as well. Hope everyone has a great day. Slo, I have been there raising all daughters. They grow up and keep their own places clean. She has the tools and knows what to do from your example. I know its frustrating! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Slo, my two kids were both sloppy, messy and passive aggressive teens but both passed thru and became responsible adults who keep nice homes. My daughter more so than my son, but they both do a good job. Don't sweat it. It's aggravating, I know and boy did I feel good once they left for college and I got in there and cleaned to my heart's content!

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, Rava! Good quote, thanks. It's the simple message that is the most effective!
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

62F and sunny. Need to get a bike ride in. Then some yard work.
                        No drinking today!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I tried to pm you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but your message center is full. You're up for QD after [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

No answer for you [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], kids are kids, we can try and change them, but it's up to them in the end. Hmmmm, wonder where I've heard that before....

I think you all know how I stand on Rava's quote this morning. Not once did I make an excuse to why I quit drinking, I was tired of all the excuses I used to drink. I just told it like it was. Mind you, I was self-employed and didn't have a boss or co-workers to worry about. And most everyone I came in contact with knew how much I drank, and if they didn't, I was hiding it better than I thought lol. It's so much easier to say "I don't drink" and if someone questioned me, I told them that I used to drink, but it started to become a problem, so I quit. Quite often now I find myself starting with "when I was a drunk" when telling a story...people don't question you after that lol.
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm still messy! I always say I blame my dad cuz he'd interrupt my shows to make me clean when I was growing up so now that I'm grown I do what I want haha, Slo just let her do her own laundry like you said, she's grown enough now anyways and by that age they usually don't want people touching their clothes anyways, QW, you're right this pandemic is far from over! AZ is seeing a bunch of cases and from what I read their hospital beds are filled, I hope we weren't two months behind New Yorks huge curve instead of two weeks like they had said when we first shut down cuz the west coast seems to be getting hit now yikes! I just want it over much love sent from Vegas and wishes for a happy AF day, another 24 of freedom
                              Last edited by paulywogg; June 11, 2020, 07:50 AM.
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Slo your story reminds me of one of my boys years ago. I'd wash, fold and place their clothes on the end of the bed. They'd put them away. One day I got his clothes basket to do his laundry and there in the basket was the stack of clean clothes. Instead of putting them away, he just put the stack back in the dirty clothes! Haha, funny now but I sure was fuming then! Anyway.... hang in there. All three of my boys turned out to be good people despite their crazy teen years. 😍

I'll take another 24, please and thank you! I don't drink, thanks Rava.

Comment

Working...
                                X