~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

28 degrees and a little chilly on the back porch this morning, but the sun is shining and it's supposed to go up to 50 today! Can't complain!

Good quote to start the day with [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I know a lot of people that hold onto grudges, which makes them very unhappy indeed. So not worth it.

Wow cowboy....looks like the road crews have their work cut out for them this Spring!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!
    Last edited by Jude58; April 21, 2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

37F partly sunny.
      Got 20 miles in on my bike, felt great. Looks like spring might finally be here.
      Red bud starting on the bike trail.
      My cell phone camera doesn't seem to focus anymore:cuss:
      24 more please.

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas,another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I had to take a different route to the farm yesterday, when I got to that same spot the Country had put up barricades because the road was washed out. I did a bit of driving around in the afternoon and there's lots of places where the water is flowing over the roads. You're right [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], the County boys will be busy repairing once the melt is over.

It didn't really dawn on me before [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], but 20 miles on a bike is a lot of distance! How long do you usually bike for? Beautiful blossoms showing up there, it's going to be a while before we see any here lol.

Any predictions for the Stanley Cup [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? We've started our annual family Stanley Cup playoff hockey pool, so far I'm not doing so good in the first round!

Thanks for a week of great quotes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Today's hit home for me because it was the biggest excuse I used for drinking, anger and resentment. Even after I quit, those thoughts would still creep into my head, not thoughts of drinking, but thoughts of resentment. It took a long time before I understood the importance of gratitude, and how being grateful can change those thoughts of anger and resentment into thoughts of appreciation.
            Last edited by abcowboy; April 21, 2018, 07:59 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey Guys, I’m back here for 24 . Had some beers yesterday and taking time out. Practicing more meditation and got a new toy to keep me in check. Going for a 30 lot subdivision too and sold one of my investment properties

hhttps://store.heartmath.com/emwave2

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I get to watch my grandson play hockey this morning when I take him home. He’s not quite 5 1/2 years old and already 4’1”, going to be a tall boy. His Mom & Dad are each 6’2” so he has the tall genes.
                [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I have three favourite hockey teams, Montreal and whoever is playing Toronto and Boston. This year I’m cheering for Winnipeg.
                [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], great to see you back. Stick close!

Have a great af day everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another quiet sunny morning here and it goes a long way towards lifting the spirits!

Looking forward to another 24 hours! Hope that everyone has a great sober Sunday!

Comment

Sunday evening and another 24 done .I should post at 10pm as we can’t get take always after that lol
                    Last edited by Neo; April 22, 2018, 06:27 AM.

Comment

48F and overcast.
                      Good to see you back, Neo.
                      I don't really follow hockey much, but was rooting for Tampa Bay, just because my Mom lives down there, I know they don't stand much of a chance of winning. Crazy game between Boston and Toronto, though. Maybe I should be rooting for Columbus as they're right up the road, but Washington seems to have their number.
                      AC, I' try to work up to 40-50 mile rides. A good training ride is 20-30 miles, It's not just distance, but speed as well. Good riders average over 20 mph. Tour de France riders average about 30-35 mph for comparison. On my ride yesterday, I averaged 13.7 mph, lol.
                      I ride mostly trails, for safety reasons, too many yahoos on the road. Thankfully there are many trails nearby. Most are old railroad right of ways that have been paved over.
                      24 more here please

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who wants them please, and thanks...

Another beautiful day in paradise!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:29 am in Vegas,another 24 please all I hear about is hockey lately cuz of the new team here,haha,Neo great to see you
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Spring is finally here! So Bubba and I spent the day yesterday spring cleaning the Café and setting up for a spring breakfast!

Comment

Yep, great to see you back [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]!

Well [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], those Golden Knights are creating quite a stir everywhere in the NHL world! Quite the "Cinderella team" they are turning into!

The Oiler's didn't do so well this year [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], like you, I'm now cheering for Winnipeg. Toronto is hanging in there as well. But I'm thinking the Predators in the long run...

Hey [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], love your new avatar! Bright and cheery for spring and summer!

Time for me to use my mouth for chowing down on breakfast instead of yapping! Have a great day y'all!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].... Thanks for breakfast! I changed the avatars because the last pic had snow in it, and I am so done with that! The new one is a picture of the valley where I live.

Comment

Working...
                                X