~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's the same here, Jude. Hot, muggy and threat of storms. Horrible hangover weather, but then all weather is horrible hangover weather! Even the good. I think the problem lies with the hangover more than the weather! LOL I can't believe I used to start each day in such a pit of despair.

Thankfully we got all three of our hay fields mowed, raked and baled without any rain! We fertilized earlier this spring and it paid off with a really good crop.

I hope you are hanging in there Mr. V. You have too much time af now to take a step backward!

I'm glad Mrs. QW was able to join you on your walk yesterday, QW. I hope for more of the same today!

24 more, please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

73F hot and muggy, highs in the mid 90's today.
      Yup don't miss the hangovers, at all.
      I think I'm a little overwhelmed with all I need/want to do around the house, so many needs on a 100 year old house.
      But like anything big, one step at a time.
      24 more please.

Comment

5:25 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude”
          – Maya Angelou

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

We're getting the same weather up here, low to mid 90's this week which always brings in the thunderstorms!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the song Dill! Zac Brown Band is one of my favourites. Good to hear your haying is done, do you round or square bale?

I've always wanted to restore an old house Mr V, time and drinking took the better part of my life so it's not going to happen. As a matter of fact, Bubba and I have decided on not building on the farm, we'll just stay here in our house in Vermilion. I'm going to put up a garage/shop in the backyard though, tired of scraping and cleaning snow off the truck windows in the winter lol.

My tablet is acting weird this morning, may have something to do with the big Windows update it did yesterday! Anyway, maybe I can finish this post before it locks up again lol. I used to love a good old thunder and lightning storm, I'd sit out on the back deck with a few beers and watch and listen. I guess I still do, minus the beer of course!
            Last edited by abcowboy; June 18, 2018, 06:05 PM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Had a very enjoyable walk with my little buddy early this morning, came home and cut the lawn. Now tired out, I’m taking the rest of the day off, with pay of course!

Hope everyone has a great af day!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi lovely Café Folks..
                it's late here, way past my bedtime! but I wanted to ask for 24 more af hours for myself and all of us..
                hope everyone is well.. I'll read back tomorrow morning. lots of stories and quotes I missed out on..
                Last edited by lifechange; June 18, 2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Good morning all!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

78F already! hot.
                    24 more for all of us, please!

Comment

"No matter what, no matter how, where or who – you can almost always turn around and get a second chance."
                      – Anony-mouse

6:00am in Alberta, I'm in for 24 more please, and thanks...

Hot here too Mr V. Too hot for this time of year, makes me wonder what July will be like!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning to you to Jude! And to the rest of the gang!

Dill must already be serving coffee and donuts, got me thinking a stop at Tim Horton's might be on my agenda this morning.

I'm looking forward to semi-retirement QDub, just not sure when that's going to roll around lol.

Not much to add this morning, so let's just keep it between the lines today eh!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; June 19, 2018, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Love, the quote, Cowboy! I'm a believer in second chances....and third and fourth.....etc!

24 more, please and thank you!
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

You'll have to thank [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], she sent me a list of quotes to use this week! So my week turned out easier than I thought lol.

Comment

5:32 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The day started early for my 4 legged buddy and me. We left the house before 6 and it was cool and cloudy. Now sunny and warm.

Mrs QW is currently at her doctors for more tests. Hopefully the latest prescribed meds are a help.

We’re meeting our son the chef for lunch today at a neat little restaurant that specializes in pies, both for main course and dessert.

Cowboy, retirement is the best job ever. We are truly fortunate to have been retired for about 6 years now and not a day goes by that we aren’t thankful. I am thinking about taking on another volunteer role and am looking at driving for Meals on Wheels.

Hope everyone has a great af day!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X