Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another awesome breakfast Cowboy, that’s my idea of what brekkie should be!

My little buddy Jessie can hear a morsel of food hit the floor from anywhere in the house and be there in a nano second but totally ignores thunder, the doorbell, other dogs barking and other sounds you would expect her to respond to. It’s like having a teenager in the house again!

Ginger, we too washed a few windows yesterday plus my Jeep so, yeah, it’s going to rain today.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Sunday. Thanks for breakfast Cowboy. My grandchildren just left from 2 nights of non stop activity. I’m sitting here shell shocked and actually happy for it to be quiet! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Yet another awesome breakfast cowboy! Thank you!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the breakfast yesterday Cowboy, and the quote as well. I really appreciate the random quotes. I am glad we let go of the daily quote practice because it was becoming a bit burdensome. But a good quote every now and then is good for the soul!! I saw this article in a tweet on Twitter yesterday and thought it would be a good one to share. I don't know if I'll personally ever see a 5 year continuous sobriety, but I'll keep working at it. This article was inspirational to me:

what I learned in 5 years of sobriety | by Erin Lee Carr | Aug, 22 | Medium

Hang in there Pauly! It sounds pretty rough where you are.

24 more for us all.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thank you Dill for the website. Good read. I don’t think I will make a 5 year sober mark either but I am always trying and getting back on the horse. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Okay peoples, of course y'all are going to make 5 years, and beyond! You probably all have 5 years of AF days, now we just have to work on the continuous part. I was trying to put into words what it takes to get 5 years of sobriety, but there's really only one way to do it, one day at a time!

Yep, very good reading in that link [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!
                Last edited by abcowboy; August 24, 2020, 06:59 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the link, Dill. Going after another 24!

Comment

Rava, there’s a reason we have kids when we’re young! However, I’m looking forward to being exhausted after a visit from the grandkids, we just need them to come visit! Maybe we’re being too cautious but we can’t risk Mrs QW getting exposed to the virus so no visitors and limited trips out.

One day at a time is the sure way to get to 5 years and beyond. I haven’t checked my day count for awhile but see today is day 545. On previous quits I posted on Roll Call every day. This time I decided not to and it seems to be working for me. Regardless, it’s 24/7/365.

Looks like another day of walking on egg shells but at least the sun is shining and I’m not hung over!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Happy Tuesday all! Thanks for the link dill...interesting read!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:38 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Good point Cowboy I probably do have 5 years all together but not in a row. I might even have 10 years but not in a row. Still I’m happy that I have more sober time than not. If I didn't have that sober time, I don’t think I would be as healthy as I am now. SO for that I’m grateful. I’m headed to spend the day with 3 of my grandkids. I’m leaving again for the condo this weekend for about 6 weeks so I need my grandma time! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 please and thanks!

Comment

Rava, enjoy the day with your grandkids!

Dill, that was an interesting read, thanks for sharing.

I’m spending the day with my camera gear and a photo editing program I just got. I have so much to learn!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X