~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Congrats to you on selling your house Cowboy. You have done a great job of staying AF during such stressful times. You are our role model! Wishing you well Ginger. Hope everyone has a great day. Can’t believe the summer is almost over. Where does the time go? Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

In the words of Dr. Maya Angelou: “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better."

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Ginger. If only more people did this, the world would be a better place.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:06 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm grateful that my daughter, grandson, brother and SIL were spared the intense area of the hurricane but I feel so sad for the people that were so devastated by it.

Thanks for that quote Ginger. We are always learning, no matter our age.

QW, one slice left! I'll save it for you.

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats on selling the house AND for staying AF even when under so much stress!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Mr. D and I have started re-watching the series Foyle's War. I loved that show the first time around and I love it just as much if not better this time around. Has anybody here ever watched it?

Today is our last day of unbearable heat! Summer is having to loosen it's grip. Just in time for September.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Friday morning Cafe. Dill I have never heard of Foyle’s War. May have to look that one up. Hope everyone has a great Friday. I’m headed to a memorial service for a relative we lost back in March. Not sure after 5 months how this will go. Definitely have had time to grieve so doubtful there will be much grieving again. Although I have not clue. This is a first for me. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

One trailer load hauled to the dump, trailer fully loaded with furniture from downstairs, and the truck fully loaded with boxes of odds and ends. It's amazing how much junk one accumulates over the years, and how must dust accumulates behind furniture that is never moved lol. I'll take apart the tv and all it's components this morning and haul that over as well today. And speaking of tv...

I've never watched Foyle's War [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], what's it all about?

I know everyone talks about Netflix, just wondering if anyone has the Amazon Prime Video? We have it but have never used it because of our slow internet service in Vermilion. Vegreville has the super speedy fiber internet so I guess I'll give it a whirl and see if I can't get it working.
                      Last edited by abcowboy; August 28, 2020, 06:55 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas another 24, Ginger I think today is your eye surgery? If so hope it goes smoothly, Cowboy I have prime and get to get caught up on some of the shows I've missed, yes we do accumulate alot over the years! Rava hope the service is nice, so weird people have to go to them so late this year, wishing everyone a happy AF Friday!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Surgery went fine. Go back this morning to remove the bandages. Hoping this eye is as close to 20/20 as the first one is! Thanks again, all of you, for the well wishes!

ABC, we have Netflix and Prime. That's all we use for entertainment TV watching. If hubs didn't have to have copious amounts of news and sports, I'd pull the plug on Dish completely! Sure don't envy your move. That's a ton of work but when you're done, I bet it will feel great. A giant clenses!

Dill, I've never heard of Foyle's War either. We will definitely search for it. Where do you watch it?

Another week of mid 90s around here. Our oldest granddaughter's wedding is next Saturday. Its an outdoor wedding at our son's home. Simple affair, should be nice. We'll be wearing masks!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24hours please & thank you.

Ginger, so glad the surgery went well. Hope your vision in this eye is 20/20 too!

It’s amazing how much stuff we accumulate, isn’t it? Before we moved here 7 years ago I took 5 carloads of stuff to Value Village, we had a couple of yard sales plus a trailer (6’x6’x16’) full of junk to the dump. And we still have way too much! Even though we’ve downsized in preparation of a move to a bungalow/condo, much more will need to be done.
                            Speaking of things we accumulate, I hope if Mrs QW has to dispose of my ever growing collection of camera gear, that she doesn’t sell things for what I told her I paid for them!!!

I too will have to check out Foyle’s War.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Foyle's War is a British crime show set in the English countryside during WWII. It has a great cast, starring Michael Kitchen and it ran from 2002-15. It's on Acorn TV. I've been getting the DVDs from our local library but it may be available other ways. I'm not sure. It's not on Netflix streaming but maybe on their DVD mail service. I can't believe no one else has heard of it!

I don't have the Amazon Prime service Cowboy, but I do think Foyle's War is on offer there. Wow, you've really gotten a lot accomplished! Well done. I look around here and see all we have accumulated and it is crazy!

QW, Mr. D has so much equipment and tools out in his "office" I wouldn't even know where to begin if I were in charge of liquidating it. I wouldn't know the value of any of it I'm afraid. Sometimes I encourage him to think about selling some off, but he is not inclined at present.

Ginger, Yay! I'm glad it went well! That's wonderful news!
                              Dill

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                                Foyle's War is a British crime show set in the English countryside during WWII. It has a great cast, starring Michael Kitchen and it ran from 2002-15. It's on Acorn TV. I've been getting the DVDs from our local library but it may be available other ways. I'm not sure. It's not on Netflix streaming but maybe on their DVD mail service. I can't believe no one else has heard of it!

I don't have the Amazon Prime service Cowboy, but I do think Foyle's War is on offer there. Wow, you've really gotten a lot accomplished! Well done. I look around here and see all we have accumulated and it is crazy!

QW, Mr. D has so much equipment and tools out in his "office" I wouldn't even know where to begin if I were in charge of liquidating it. I wouldn't know the value of any of it I'm afraid. Sometimes I encourage him to think about selling some off, but he is not inclined at present.

Ginger, Yay! I'm glad it went well! That's wonderful news!
                                Foyle’s War is a wonderful show.
                                Last edited by techie; August 30, 2020, 10:53 AM. Reason: Typo
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X