Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I'm not going to get somewhere and say, 'OK, I'm done.'
    Success is never final; I'll just keep on going.
    The same way as failure never being fatal.
    Just keep going.
    I'm going to the stars and then past them.

~Conor McGregor

It's peaceful on the deck this morning in my neck of the woods too, Jude. Nothing but crickets.

QW that is quite an achievement that you are able to stock your house up with beer for your company and you don't seem to feel tempted. I'm very impressed!

Cowboy how's the harvest going? Are you in full swing? We are a little over halfway done with our hay. It's been taking longer than usual because we have had to press the pause button on account of rain.

Shout out to you Ginger. What are you up to today?

Mr. V I hope you haven't been suffering too much with the heat. I know you mentioned you work outdoors. I think today is the last of it. Let's hope!

Pauly, I've been watching FTWD this season. It's been pretty good but over all I'm thinking those two shows have run their courses. I wonder how much longer they'll be around.

LC you're day is well under way by the time my feet hit the ground. Hope you're having a good one!

24 for me and my friends here.
    Last edited by dill; September 5, 2018, 06:17 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Still hot, lol! Might be getting a break soon, also more rain yippee! we're only about 15 inches above normal. It's weird everything is still lush and green around here, usually everything is turning brown by now.

Success is never final; I'll just keep on going.
      Yup! that's all we can do.
      24 more for us all!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

1C (34F) here this morning, clear and darn cool!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We finished up the peas [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] but nothing else was ready so this cool, drizzly weather came at the right time. I was out at the farm yesterday cleaning out the cargo trailer (everything was still in it from the day I cut myself) and I saw the boys go by in the swathers so they must have started swathing canola. I think we only had around 700 acres of canola that needs to be swathed, the other 2000 will be straight combined. Not sure when we'll get into full swing with harvest, but Bubba and Hank are liking me being at home every night for now lol. Do you guys get 2 hay cuttings? Our growing season is too short for that up here.

We could use some of that heat Mr V, but only some of it lol.

Waves to the rest of the gang, lets keep on keepin' on!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:14 am in Vegas another 24 please yep [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] with no Rick after this season coming up is over TWD will be boring!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning! Another gkids bus morning then plenty of techie chores today. Would rather be hiking but I don't always get my way.

@Mr. Vervill, if you don't mind my asking, what do you do our doors? Just curious...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our company arrived yesterday and was very appreciative of a cold beer after a long day on the road. Last evening we were sitting in the rec room and man, was the urge for a drink ever strong! I was sort of prepared for the beast to rear his ugly head but that was way too close. I could have easily caved but so glad I didn’t.

Off to Spruce Meadows early tomorrow morning to watch horse jumping. Another experience to be marked off the bucket list!

Hope everyone has a great af Wednesday!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; September 5, 2018, 04:17 PM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, that's too close! Glad you were able to fight back that beast. Yikes

Comment

Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
                    ~Robert Frost

Love Robert Frost! I used to read this line as if it was saying I chose a different path than all the other people. But I realized that it can also mean making a new choice of my own in the interest of self improvement. I had been going down the drinking path and it was not good. So when I came to a fork in the road, I chose the other. QW, you chose the other for yourself yesterday in a vulnerable moment. Well done!

24 more for each of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Way to go QDub! That's what this journey is all about, beating down that demon when it rear's it's ugly head!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; September 6, 2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Love Robert Frost as well dill.....good quote!

Great job saying no to the booze [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! It often terrifies me that I am so vulnerable to alcohol, and I just never know when the urges are going to strike.

Asking for another 24 for myself and all of us!

Have a great day all!

Comment

5:56 am in Vegas another 24 please,great job on not drinking QW,sometimes being with friends/family is a harder trigger cuz we remember the past sessions with fondness+it looks like everyone is having fun and we're missing out but we know it's not true,have a great day all
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another inch of rain yesterday, from a pop-up storm, and the remnants of Tropical storm Gordon moving in later this week could drop as much as 3-4 more inches of rain, according to the weather folks. That's a lot for this time of year. (or any other time)
                              Still hot, lol, 90 again today. Should cool off a little later this week.
                              Lots of Robins making noise this morning outside.
                              24 more please

Comment

Good morning! So smoky here this morning. Wish we could get a little rain but none forecasted.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X