~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's okay to think about your past, just don't let it get in the way of your future...
    -Cowboy

Once again I'm ending my week by quoting you Cowboy. And why not? You've imparted many, many nuggets over the years! This one was said in February of 2018. It seemed appropriate to use it after my recent trip down memory lane. I did not linger there or let it tug me downward, but instead I held different moments of the past in my mind and looked at them. I remembered an incident even farther in the past when I was 18. I was in the midst of a messy break up with my high school boyfriend and was broken-hearted. I was at the home of one of my gf's in the afternoon and her parents were both away at work. She said a drink would help and she got me a whisky! Mind you, I was not a party girl in high school and although drinking was a common event in my household for my parents, it was not something I even considered for myself at that point. I said no but she insisted. That was my first real drink. It went down warm...hot actually! LOL. But it wasn't long at all before I felt the effects and I LIKED it. It made me "feel better" momentarily. It did not start me down the road of drinking thankfully. That happened later for me, and gradually. But it registered with me and I guess in a deep way because even though I have a very poor memory for things long ago, I still remember that. I lost touch with that gf soon after high school but remembering that incident I now wonder if she ever became an alcoholic. She was getting into her parents liquor cabinet way back then and she spent a lot of time alone. I'll never know, because I did not like the effect it had on my senses and how fuzzy my mind became, but I did like the feeling of numbness. Well, there you go. Perhaps I could have known back then that alcohol was a dangerous thing to get mixed up with, but society doesn't present it to us that way. It's a pity it's promoted so much as the key to happiness and fun. What a lie. I wonder how much longer it will be before we are seeing commercials like that everywhere for marijuana.

So happy to have broken the chains! 24 more hours of freedom, please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; December 22, 2018, 06:49 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

We went from 65F yesterday to 30F with snow and gusty winds today. Strange weather.....

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I especially liked today's!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-5C (18F) here this morning, wind is still howling!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and for the week of great quotes! Many of them had me thinking, and that's a good thing! More to say in a bit...

And [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] is going to do picture quotes for us during her week starting tomorrow, ya Rava!

I guess I should have mentioned that earlier, you can post anything you'd like (keeping in mind our Café rules lol) when it's your week; a quote, a picture quote, a song, or even a Bible passage, whatever you find inspiration in!

It was a long drive to the city yesterday, mostly 80kph (50mph) and in 4 wheel drive the whole way. The highway was a skating rink, but there was only one vehicle in the ditch on the way in. Not so on the way back out, roads hadn't improved but the visibility was better, and there were cars in the ditch everywhere, even one police car lol. Looked like they were all straight-ins, no roll-overs, so I presume everyone got through uninjured.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:39 am in Vegas,another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yep! Another great quote.

I'm with you Mr. V. I can't take the gray gloom. That's the reason we head south. Our valley back home is known for its inversions that can last for months during the winter. However, I have a bit of the "gloomies" right now just missing my family. Once I get through Christmas I'll be fine though. I hope!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

yes, I agree.. great quotes this week, Dill.. I'm in for another 24 af hours. I ran around and did some last minutes shopping and now I'll just relax! Wishing you all a nice Saturday.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A bit chilly here this morning but sunny. We haven’t had snow in a while and there were even rumours going around that we might have a green Christmas. I don’t recall a green Christmas in the 25 years we’ve lived in Alberta.

Today is my grandson’s 6th birthday and he’s the reason we moved here from Ontario. I can’t imagine how much we would have missed out on had we not moved closer.

I hope everyone is avoiding the malls and enjoying their Saturday af!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 for me please and here is a quote for the day. .

Comment

I love the quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. It is so true. It's easy to forget that we have the power within to choose to work toward the life we want and the person we want to be and just by working at it everyday, it will be so. I am going to pass that quote on to someone I know that needs to hear that message. Thanks.:happy2:

I'm glad you made your trip without incident Cowboy. That drive sounds stressful.

Mr. V, we finally got clear skies last night here. I hope you did too. I saw the almost full moon in all it's glory. :yay: We'll be having some sun today I think!

24 more please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; December 23, 2018, 05:58 AM.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the quote this morning [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]....always a great way to start the day!

Another 24please and thank you very much!

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-16C (-2F) here, brrrrrrr…….

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Figured something simple this morning...

Comment

Cool with a bit of sun peeking through. I too got to see the full moon last night, stood outside and watched as it shown though a very light cloud layer, casting a small round rainbow on the clouds, cool.
                              Orf to the in-laws today for Christmas, be back in a few days.
                              Working on the change daily.
                              Set a new resolution or goal yesterday as I was dropping some clothes off to the poor. For every new item of clothing I bring into the house, I need to discard/donate four items. Doable. Now to discard the rest of the crap laying around here, lol!
                              24 more please.

Comment

Had to come back for some of that breakfast! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X