~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

38F with heavy rains coming today. Maybe 2+ inches.
    Huge congrats on 100 days Rava!
    24 more hear please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

100 days - awesome Rava! Well done.

Yeah we lose an hours sleep tonight but at least we’re going to face tomorrow without a hangover!

Thanks for the kind words about our volunteer work with Parkinson’s. We both enjoy it. The program coordinator said they’ve never had a new group with as many participants as we’ve attracted. Hopefully we continue to grow! We plan to have a local chiropractor speak to the group about fall prevention and a pharmacist speak about drugs and drug interactions. Both should be very informative.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

A positive and proactive approach is the best way to deal with any problem [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and you and Mrs QW have that hands down!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. ANother 24 please. May have to stop back for breakfast. I’m too early it seems! THANKS for all the kind words about my 100 days. Its a good feeling to want to be sober. Realizing that I can’t drink normally and admitting it was half the battle. Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Another damned day of rain here.

Comment

""Let go of what doesn't matter so you can pay attention to what does."" --Holly Whitaker (amongst others!)

Late welcome back, QW!
            Big congats on 100 days, Rava!

I'm in for 24 af hours!

Comment

Loved your last quote, about being planted, Rava..:love:

Comment

Thanks for the quote, love that thought, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. Focus on what matters. What doesn't matter doesn't deserve the attention. When alcohol thoughts attack, press the 'ignore' button! I'm glad to see you. I've been missing you.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I think you are making awesome progress with the cigs! It hasn't been too long ago that you began the process. Have you given any thought to using vaping in place of cigs while you taper from the nicotine. My son is in is mid 30s and is a smoker. He has said he is ready to quit. I bought him a box of Nicorette lozenges right away! Anyway, he said his plan is to use his vaping pen and the Nicorette to get away from the smoke altogether while he is tapering off the nicotine. He is also going to start running. Well, I hope he follows thru!

We have our granddaughter here this week end. Always a pleasure! I wonder what she'll want to bake today....brownies I bet.

24 more here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats on 100 days [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Gusty winds and freezing rain this morning, but temps are on the rise and it's supposed to change to all rain later on.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and anyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We got one of those projection, auto resetting everything, clock radios in the bedroom...it appears that I had everything set except for recognizing the time change lol. I'll head to the kitchen and get breakfast out a.s.a.p.!

I'm chewing the Nicorette gum [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and holding myself to one smoke at morning, noon, supper, and night. Time to drop the morning and night smoke and cut down to just 2 a day for a bit, then cut those out as well...

Great quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Nothing wastes our time more than thinking about things we can't control or the things that don't really matter much anyway!

Comment

Okay, things running smoothly in the kitchen and breakfast is ready!

Comment

46F with the sun trying to poke through.
                          Deluge of rain yesterday. One of my gutters clogged, and had rain water leaking in, all the way from the second floor to the basement, where I discovered the leak. Mrs V wouldn't let me get on the ladder yesterday and unclog it, was afraid i'd fall. I'll have to get it later today. old houses.....maintenance never ends.
                          Glad I showed up late to catch breakfast.
                          24 more please.

Comment

So good to see you [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. Even though we weren't able to connect while you were in AZ for a hike, when I go now you always pop into my mind! Thanks for the quote!

Calling for rain and in the 50°s Mon-Wed. Better hit the trail today!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I'm so proud of you for tackling the cigs! Sounds like a solid plan. You got this! Yummy breakfast today :~)

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                            Last edited by Ginger999; March 10, 2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

6:54 am in Vegas, another 24 please ( hate the time change)
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, awesome that you’re giving up the lung dusters. I know how tough it is. You can do this!

I think I mentioned that even though it was 35 years ago that I quit, I still consider myself a smoker. One cigarette and I’d be right back into it. Now if only I could apply the same thinking to alcohol!

I hope everyone adjusts quickly to the time change and enjoys their Sunday af!

Off to watch my grandson play hockey.

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; March 10, 2019, 10:19 AM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X