~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Sorry about your sister in Law Dill. Glad you got to see your family tho. Heading out to go fishing today with some neighbors. Its a beautiful day with low humidity which is rare here. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I’m feeling so much better without the booze. My mindset is strong and I’m feeling more confident about my life without alcohol. Its so tricky how when you sneak drinks you think you are in control but in reality you are completely out of control. What a vicious cycle. Glad to be stepping off again and hopefully there will be no more day 1s. One week AF. Another 24. Please and thank you

Comment

5:04am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Have fun fishing Rava. Congrats one week number 1!

Pauly, feel free to send some of your “cold” weather up North, we’ll take it!

We’re planning to see our Calgary family today, looking forward to a visit.

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sounds like everyone is doing good,wishing us all a happy AF Saturday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Have a great AF Saturday everyone! Headed to pick up a load of local, drought tolerant plants to help restore areas of our property. Keeping my fingers crossed they all take!

24 more!!

Comment

Jude, I too enjoy Steinbeck's humor with this book. What a gift he has for description. I thought my hb would enjoy it too, so we both listened to it while we were on our long drive yesterday. He's a fan.

Rava, I'm glad you are feeling better. I totally get what you are saying about the sneaking drinks. Sad to admit, that's me too.

But, not today! 24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The man that I've been caring for passed away early yesterday morning. It was expected as he had multiple health issues, but it still saddens me. At least he is at peace now.

Sitting on the back porch enjoying my coffee. It's all the therapy that I need.

24 more please...

Comment

5:09am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's breakfast time!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the passing of your charge [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]...

I'll be in a field with lots of back and forth instead of round and round today, so hopefully I'll be able to ad a bit more later...

Comment

Good morning and what an interesting breakfast cowboy. Not sure if I’m craving that this morning. LOL. Sorry about your loss Jude. Glad he is at peace now. Quiet morning with coffee on the deck listening to a woodpecker and other multiple birds. Nothing on the books for today so Mr. R and I will probably go fishing again. The fun part is that we are fishing for metal and treasures using a magnet. We saw this on You Tube and its really sparked our interest. Easy and cheap hobby. Asking for another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sorry for your loss Jude.

Rava, have you and Mr R tried geocaching? We haven’t in the last few years but we found it a great way to be exercise our brains and be outdoors. Did you find any treasures yesterday?

Cowboy, my granddaughter made a breakfast similar to the one you made this morning on an overnight visit. One of the best parts of being a grandparent is buying cereal for the grandkids, an excuse I used many times when bringing home Cap’n Crunch and similar sugary cereals.

Off for a walk before the expected rain starts later on.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; May 23, 2021, 07:26 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I haven't had cereal in ages,seems like it never keeps me full and I'll be scrambling for something more to munch on soon after eating it haha,Jude sorry for your loss,it's weird even when someone older passes,my daughter who moved back from Portland had text me that her boyfriend's uncle had passed Friday night but it was weird cuz his new wife called his brother instead of any ambulance or anything else, he was in his recliner and cold so they think he was dead for awhile,gives me the creeps but I guess the new wife is addicted to some kind of pills and acts weird anyways so who knows,I've never met her,just feel bad for Lbs boyfriend's dad cuz he lost his brother and it's hard and sad,waves to the gang and wishes for a great AF Sunday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dill and Rava, hate to admit but I'm in the same boat. I keep coming and asking for 24 more but sometimes I'm just praying for another day. For years I did fine and one slip way back has put my sobriety in jeopardy. Yesterday, as I worked around the house, I listened to Anne Grace - The Naked Mind pod cast. She always reminds me this journey is mine and if I want 100% sobriety, I'll get there. Years ago I heard a recovery addict say, "fake it til you make it". Maybe there's something to that. So today.... I'm thankful for the last 24 and I'm striving for the next 24!

Comment

What a festive looking breakfast, Cowboy! But I need some protein on the side. I think I'll have to add some sausage on the side. I made enough for everyone! Help yourselves!

Sorry for your loss, Jude. I think it would be too much for me to take care of people that are near death. I am so, so grateful for people like you who have made it your vocation. Hugs to you.

Pauly, that is so sad for your daughter's boyfriend's Dad to lose his brother. I have had two experiences in my life of similar passings. Once when I was a young teen my Dad's elderly uncle was over and was sitting in a chair watching an afternoon baseball game on the TV. He died but we were all right there with him when it happened. We just though he was dozing...and maybe he was but then slipped away. My folks knew right away that he was gone. That was back in the day before we were all trained in CPR... The second experience I had as a young woman. The next door neighbor came running over to my kitchen door in alarm and asked me to come right away. When I got there I could see that her mother had passed peacefully while sitting in her favorite chair. I stayed with my neighbor until the ambulance arrived. It is an odd feeling being in the room when someone has just recently passed.

Well, that's enough of that kind of talk!! 24 more sober hours for me on this fine Sunday!
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X