~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Just a quick check in for me today. 24 more, please and thank you. And 24 for for all of us here!
    Last edited by dill; May 26, 2021, 06:12 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I had a rough day yesterday , the wife was away for buisness overnight, home alone and finished off the job i was working on so had nothing important to do today. It would have been all too easy to open a bottle of wine or 2 . Instead i woke up early this morning to watch the sun rise with a cup of tea and watch the birds flying over the lake . It's a beautiful world with a clear head and clear eyes to see it with . Another 24 will be nice . B

Comment

G’day Bran! How you goin?

Welcome to the Cafe!

What a great way to start the day - watching sunrise and birds in flight over a lake. And to witness that with a clear head made it just that much better I bet.

I’ve had the pleasure of visiting your beautiful country twice. I have a son living near Melbourne and can’t wait to visit again.

Again, welcome to the Cafe. Glad you found us!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi bran! Welcome to the cafe! Good job on saying no to the beast! It's so worth it!
          [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] I have a new account which will probably start next week. I will be working with a man that has dementia while his wife is in rehab. There is never a shortage of work in this field, and my boss is having a hard time staffing all of the requests for care that keep coming in. She has over 50 employees but she needs more. It's tough to find reliable people these days. Too many folks are still making more money on unemployment, which is sad, as there are many jobs available, and employers are having a hard time filling them.

I'll take another 24 please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe and Welcome Bran! This group is amazing for friendship and support. Cowboy so sorry about your father in law. I honestly cant blame him for being so depressed. Tough road ahead for him. Today we are having a lot of wildfires due to lack of rain. You can smell the smoke in the air. That is something I’m not used to. We also had someone hit a bear on our local highway. Yikes. Different weather and different wildlife for sure! Still feeling strong in this latest quit but not becoming cocky. I know how my broken brain will come and change everything. We have a cookout on Sunday where there will be lots of drinking so I am going to plan ahead of what steps I’m going to do to not participate but still have fun. Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

The extended unemployment has been causing real problems for employers and the economy, making it hard to get back up to speed post covid. I have a restaurant I like to go to fairly often. It's a Chipotle. All thru the pandemic I have been ordering take out as indoor dining was unavailable. A couple of weeks ago I went there with the intention of dining in for the first time in about a year. I was met with a sign on the door saying they were currently only open for take out. When I went in to pick up my order I asked why and the worker told me they just can't find any help!

:welcome: Welcome to you Bran! I've never been to your country, but I sure would love to some day. Thanks for the reminder about the wonderful world of waking without a hangover!

Mr. D and I called our usual handyman to see if he would come fix those woodpecker holes on the soffit. He told us he was retired. We didn't have any ideas on who else to call so Mr. D decided to do it himself. I didn't think it wise, but I've never been able to stop him from something he's set his mind to. So yesterday, with me as his assistant, we set up our aluminum extension ladder in the bed of our truck. It was a very foolish thing to do at our ages. The ladder barely reached the height, but it did make it. So, those holes are now plugged and patched and waiting for the finishing touches, after the glue has set. He found sparrow nests already built inside all 3 of the holes! We had some very upset momma birds flying about!

24 more, please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; May 26, 2021, 06:31 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24655]brannueday[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cross post, Cowboy! Fun to see you online at the same time! That doesn't happen so much anymore.
                  Dill

Comment

Great to have you join us Bran! We're pretty laid back here in the Café and Club, we talk about most everything except politics lol. So feel free to share whatever you'd like or ask questions, or start a conversation on something important to you. You'll find no judgement here, only support!

I just talked about the fil's situation yesterday morning, and then we went over to the hospital for our outside visit. It was wonderful to see the in-laws together after so long and they even pulled their masks down for a kiss! Then we got the news that a bed had opened up in Mannville for him! He moves there by ambulance on Friday morning to a larger private room!

My days off didn't last long lol. The farm boss called me from the sprayer late yesterday afternoon saying that things were drying up pretty good and we could probably get back to seeding this afternoon. There's only 2 to 2.5 days left to finish and we'd sure like to get it done before the rain sets in again on Friday night.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cross post again [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. Only a couple more early mornings for me then back to my regular 5:30 check-ins!

Comment

Welcome Brannueday! Dill I used to do Chipotle deliveries non-stop when I was delivering Postmates during lockdown,never knew that place was so popular I've only ate there a few times,l am having the opposite with employment cuz none of these salons are hiring,I wonder if people git used to cutting their hair at home and decided to stick with that? Who knows.waves to the gang and wishes for a great AF day!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad your fil is getting settled into a care facility Cowboy. How far is Mannville? Hope it’s close enough to allow for regular visits.

We’re both having much needed chiropractic appointments today. We tried not to overdo things unpacking but probably lifted and moved things that were too heavy.

Dill, glad you and Mr D were OK after patching those holes. You’re probably right in saying setting up a ladder on the bed of a pick up truck was less than ideal. Having said that, I likely would have done the same thing. It’s a guy thing.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; May 26, 2021, 10:39 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yikes, Dill. Just the description of your ladder, truck set up makes me cringe. I don't need to say this but I can't help myself! Be careful!

Welcome, Bran!! Glad to see you stop in. I've been really shaky lately in my quit. I've spent the covid pandemic home schooling grandkids and I'm sad to say I've used the stress as an excuse to imbibe. Ugh.... Great job on holding back that AV while you were home alone.

ABC, so happy your fil is finally going to get settled in. Too bad the two of them couldn't share his space. This part of aging just sucks!

Got to get ready for Casa Academy. Fighting the broken brain one day at a time! 24 more, please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Back from an amazing experience in Lake Tahoe & Yosemite. Really busy catching up and promise a read back later today. Another 24 for me. Have a great day. Blessings x
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] glad that you and Mr. D were spared injuries on your home project. I can definitely relate as Mr. J and I have been there many times!
                                [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] so glad that your fil was finally able to move to another facility, and that he was actually able to see his wife. I would think that alone would improve his mood!

I'm in for another 24!

Comment

Working...
                                X