~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, have you done the 30 day experiment with Annie Grace. I have done it several times. In fact, I’m back in it again. It helps because her videos, etc help me see things for what they are. I’m watching her videos and reading her info around 4pm each day because that is my worst time. I feel strong right now but know exactly how you feel when your guard is down and you feel shaky. It’s not a nice place to be. I want to go back to the time that I didn’t even think about drinking. I’m slowly working back toward that. A community that cherishes happy hour each day makes it a challenge! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your supportive comments regarding our reckless home maintenance activities! We've been doing things like that our whole lives. When you know the cost of the materials and how to do the repairs and then you compare it to how much it costs to hire someone and pay for the labor and equipment, well.....we just can't stomach that parting with that money! At some point we will have to give up our foolish ways and at that time we will likely have to move to a smaller, more manageable place.

Pauly, the salon I go to (which is right across from the Chipotle) has had reduced staff thru the covid. They were always busy when I went. Now that the pandemic is over they are coming back nicely and having to get more stylists on board. I wonder what the difference is between our area and yours.

Cowboy, nice you're "back in the saddle"!

24 more here please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cross post Rava! Online at the same time! Happy hour would definitely be a tricky temptation and I'm not quite sure how I would handle that! I'm sure you will come up with a plan that works for you. To be honest tho, I long ago gave up drinking socially, so for me, happy hour would not be a temptation. I don't drink around others....too risky.

Howdy Cowboy!!
          Last edited by dill; May 27, 2021, 06:24 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was great for us to have chiropractic adjustments yesterday. We’ve been seeing our chiropractors - a husband and wife team - for 8 years and while we’d like to continue seeing them, we’ll likely choose a clinic close to home. The 45 minute drive is OK this time of year but not so nice in the winter.

We were happy to get pictures from Jessie’s new family of her first camping trip last weekend. She had a great time. Re-homing her was difficult for us but we could not have found a better family for her.

Our premier has announced reopening plans post Covid but to me, it seems too much too soon. As much as I dislike wearing a mask, I’m keeping mine on for now.

Techie, glad you had an amazing trip. Hope we see some pics! Hi to Big Al and Bran, hope to see you back in the Cafe soon.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, I do listen to Anne Grace. You introduced her to me a few years back when I was struggling with happy hours in our winter location. I'm listening to her book now and it's chocked full of scientific data, which I love! Thank you for that, BTW!

QW, I love that you get updates on Jessie. I think that would make it easier knowing she's a happy, active pup!

Headed to see hubby's family this weekend. We are all old and vaccinated! Wine will be flowing and I'm in a shaky place but have a plan. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & 30 day experimenters. Reading back I see I missed a new member. So, BIG welcome to Bran. Gad, my muscles are so sore I’m going for a sports massage today. My military buddies are in incredible shape and climb often. Randy for example climbs w/ skis the back of Heavenly Ski Mountain and then skis down dangerous trails. While I did hold my own climbing & hiking, I was shocked at how many bruises are all over my body. I’ll post a few pics ASAP. Another 24 for me. Have a GREAT day. Blessings x
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Comment

Awesome photos Techie! Thanks for sharing!
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hello all , 14 days and feeling good , 24 more will be good , thankyou .

Comment

Beautiful pics techie!

24 more please!

Comment

Hi Cafe. Great pics Techie. Thanks for sharing. Ginger glad you have a plan for this weekend with your family. Dill, you are so right. Drinking in public is hard for me as well. Most can have one or two glasses. I can do that as well but then I obsess and look for more and more. OMG what a mess! Wish I could moderate but that is completely off the table. Calling for rain this weekend so I guess I will sit inside and do inside stuff. No booze in the house so thats a plus. Hope everyone has a great day and upcoming Memorial Day weekend.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24655]brannueday[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Way to go on those two weeks [MENTION=24655]brannueday[/MENTION]!

Great pics [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Looks like it was an awesome adventure!

You got this [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! You'll do just fine because "you don't drink"!

Sitting here in the camper having a cup of coffee just relaxing as there's no need to hurry out to the field as we finished up seeding last night! Going to spend some time getting everything packed up, give the camper a good cleaning, then meet Bubba in Mannville around 9 this morning to help her get her dad settled in. It's quite funny [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] that Mannville is under 15 minutes from Vermilion, but it's 40 minutes from Vegreville. I think the mileage and fuel bill on Bubba's Flex is going to increase lol. We are keeping him on the waiting list for the long term care home in Vegreville, but they are telling us it could be up to a year before something becomes available.

Comment

Working...
                                X