~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

My son reminded me that I run away to AZ to avoid daylight savings time change. I hadn't thought about it that way but I guess I do. Don't miss it!

Comment

""Surrender to the moment. Ride it out and through, for all it’s worth. Throw yourself into it.
      So much of our anguish is created when we are in resistance. So much relief, release, and change are possible when we accept, simply accept.
      We waste our time, expend our energy, and make things harder by resisting, repressing, and denying. Repressing our thoughts will not make them disappear. Repressing a thought already formed will not make us a better person. Think it. Let it come into reality. Then release it. A thought is not forever. If we don’t like it, we can think another one or change it. But to do that, we must accept and release the first thought.""
      AA thought for the day

This is a good one for me today and every day. Accept and release..
      I'm in for another 24 af hours with all of you..

Comment

Thanks for the quote LC. Yes simply accepting the fact that we can’t drink is key for me. ABC I quit smoking with nicorette in 1988. Long time ago but the nicorette did the trick for me. I chewed it a little too fast sometimes and ended up with the hiccups but it worked. Good luck as you continue to taper down and then be done with the cigs. I strangely still love the smell of a cigarette. Crazy I know. Well hope everyone has a good day. It was a bit of a struggle getting up for work this morning, but the longer daylight in the evening is worth it to me. Another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

38F with a mostly sunny day on tap.
            Gonna save today's quote, thanks, LC
            No work scheduled this week, yay!
            Time to get some stuff done around the house.
            Quit smoking 26 years ago when my son was born, AL often triggered the want for smokes, gave in a few times, but not very often, and not for the past 15 or 20 years.
            24 more here please.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-8C (18F) this morning, and into the above freezing mark for afternoon highs the rest of the week!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I take it Arizona doesn't do time change [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? I think Saskatchewan is the only province in Canada that doesn't either. I was reading in the news where Washington State, Oregon, and California are considering dropping time change. The Premier of BC said that if they go ahead, then so would BC. If that all happens, I'm sure Alberta would follow. But that's all a couple of years away anyway, so till then, set the clocks twice a year lol.
                Last edited by abcowboy; March 11, 2019, 07:14 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Very good quote today [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], oh, if we could only turn our thoughts off... But they are just thoughts, some good, some bad, but just thoughts, we don't always need to act on them. Now I usually mull everything around in my mind, even my thoughts, only making decisions after looking at the various pros and cons. Is that what spontaneity is, acting on thoughts right away? I used to do that, especially when booze was involved. Since giving up the booze for good, I have to say I'm kind of a boring person, not much spontaneity in my life anymore. You know what, I like it this way!

Comment

6:10 am in Vegas,another 24 please think I'm moving to Arizona haha! Cowboy I read Florida wants year round daylight savings time,not sure about that one this morning zzzzzz
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 14, $210 not wasted

Great quote today!

Our company is leaving today, managed to avoid al during their visit but man, my alkie brain was working overtime to convince me that just 1 wouldn’t hurt.

Nice to see warmer temps finally!!

Have a great af Monday everyone!!!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I am with you on the smell of cigarettes. I like it. Not the stale ashtray, but the active cig smoke. I think it goes back to my childhood when adults smoked everywhere and anywhere and there was no general disapproval. Many of my uncles and aunts smoked and visits from uncles, aunts and cousins are happy childhood memories. I also remember candy cigarettes. I loved those and enjoyed pretending to be grown up with my candy cigarette! My parents did not smoke and they strongly urged us not to take it up. I'm glad I didn't but two of my brothers did. But I was thinking [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], do you think the difference in quits with cigarettes and alcohol is the general attitude shared in society that cigs are bad but alcohol consumption is somehow good and promoted as such? The subconscious responds to that I think.

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], no daylight savings time? Sounds like heaven!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. Well done on letting those thoughts go and not acting on them! I am sure that was not easy for you.:hug:
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quote and reminder, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION].

AZ does not observe daylight saving time. I'm hoping Washington makes the change too. I don't know one person that likes the time change. Pick one and stick to it.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                            Last edited by Ginger999; March 11, 2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

""One reason for your success is your ability to say, yes, I can have anything I want to eat or drink, and I choose long term satisfaction, not instant gratification that feeds disappointment with myself tomorrow.""Pauline Nordin

This is from a woman in the fitness world who struggled with food addiction.. I like this quote because it puts the power in my hands. I have the choice and I'm choosing to make my life better.
                              QW, well done on not listening to that annoying AV!
                              Wishing you all a nice Tuesday..
                              I'm in for another 24 af hours. I do love being able to say, "another"!

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the quote LC. I agree, keep it at day light savings time all year round. I love the longer nights. When i drive to work it’s so early in the morning that it’s dark on either time. So if I had a vote it would be stick to day light savings time!!! Hope everyone has a good day. And yes Dill, I like fresh cigarette smell not stale. There is a huge difference!!

Comment

Working...
                                X