~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cross post, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Wow, that's frightening to have a fire right next door! I am grateful you were sober, too. How old is your granddaughter? My granddaughter came yesterday for an overnight. She is 7 and such a dear heart. I'm grateful to be sober when she is here so I can be completely present for her.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Last edited by abcowboy; February 24, 2019, 08:05 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

52F with a little sun and a lot of wind. Temps falling all day into the mid 30's as a cold front moves through.
        Got a little less rain than expected, that's a good thing. Rivers, already above flood stage around here.
        24 more here please

Comment

A bit of a special breakfast this morning! I know this is a favourite breakfast of [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] 's and she is celebrating 1 year of sobriety today! Maybe she'll stop in and have a bite with us...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Loved the quote and message this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], we need only to learn something from our failures to turn them into successes!

Good to hear that things didn't turn out worse [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! They build houses so close together in the cities now that not just one house is affected by a fire!

Comment

Loved the quote dill, and thank you cowboy for last week's!

Dill, I haven't heard any red winged black bird's yet, but to me, it's a sure sign that Spring is near!I

The winds are howling here with gusts up to 70 miles an hour today. That's the kind of wind that scares me to death. We have three huge Maple trees out front and I'm so afraid that one day they will come crashing down on the house!:witch:

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

Good Sunday morning, all! Loved the quote and so true. Yummy breakfast too! One of my favs when I used to eat critters.

Rava that is so scary! Glad it turned out ok. You ladies talking about your gbabies sure makes me miss mine. Back home they are bracing for more snow! Makes me wonder when I'll get home to see mine. Starting to miss them like crazy. Darn! Being AF and present with them means the world!

I'll take another 24, you betcha!!

Comment

2:46 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“You are what your deepest desire is. As is your desire, so is your intention.
                    As is your intention, so is your will. As is your will, so is your deed.
                    As is your deed, so is your destiny.”

― Upanishads

"The Upanishads form the core of Indian philosophy. They are an amazing collection of writings from original oral transmissions..."

One of your quotes last week, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], the one about motivation and desire, brought this quote to mind so I thought I would use it. It is important each day to focus on our deepest desire and not let anything knock us off course in this crazy, busy, chaotic world.

The wind yesterday was wicked! Thank goodness it has calmed down now. Sun today!

24 more please, and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; February 25, 2019, 07:27 AM.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Geez, March is coming up this week and we're back in a deep freeze! -31C (-24F) this morning, but it's only supposed to last till Wednesday, spring needs to hurry up getting here!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Cool and sunny today. Yes, wicked winds yesterday. Lots of tree branches down in my yard, nothing major, surrounded by 100 year old oaks.
                          24 more please.

Comment

You know [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it took a lot of Day 1's for me to finally understand what it would take to get and stay sober. All the "need to's" and "really shoulds" didn't help. I had no desire to quit for good! I wanted to be able to continue drinking, overlooking what the booze was doing to me. It's like the "off switch" we lose when we become alcoholics, I had to find the "on switch" for accepting that I couldn't ever drink again. I found that on switch when I found the desire for an AF life...

Comment

I'm so glad we've all found the AL off switch and are working to keep it off!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Late check in for me. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] granddaughter is 13. I’m back to work today after going to bed last night at 7:30 pm. LOL. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X