~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

3:13 pm in Vegas,another 24 please I don't give a hoot about what anybody says about "days in a row" ANY day not drinking is a win in my book
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
      3:13 pm in Vegas,another 24 please I don't give a hoot about what anybody says about "days in a row" ANY day not drinking is a win in my book
      Amen! [MENTION=975]polly[/MENTION]wogg

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please. Dill and Jude, glad you both are back. I have been back and forth more times than I can count. This time around, with Annie Graces podcasts and videos, I have finally come to the conclusion in my brain that the reason it has to be forever for me is because I can not moderate. I have proved that too myself over and over again. No matter how much I think i can moderate, I always, ALWAYS drink more than I intended. Hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. -Liane Cordes

Thanks you everyone for your support. It is truly appreciated. [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I have no personal experience with Naltrexone but I have seen it work for others. I would give it a try if my doc recommended it. If you do, I hope you will let us know how you get on with it. Hope all goes well with Mr. J.:love:

I'll go back to my daily dose of Annie Grace for a while. Sometimes, even tho we already know what we know and what we need to do, it helps to hear it yet again.

24 for me please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; March 1, 2019, 06:51 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words and support. The biopsy report showed a few cells that might be cancerous and they want to recheck his blood work in 3 months, then do another biopsy in 6. Could've been a lot worse news, and as you mentioned cowboy, there are worse cancers to have.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I posted my quote by accident before I made any comments, so you may have not seen my whole text because I may have been editing it to add more while you were posting.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Back into the deep freeze...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I concur [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], the Café is just what it was meant to be, a place to discuss things, open minds, different opinions, accepting of all. And the best thing, it's a group of "no quitters" because when you give up is when you fail, not when you slip...

Loved the quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! "Continuous effort" no matter if it's day 1 or day 1000, it's something we all have!

That's great news [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! My Dr. checks the "markers" in my blood for prostate cancer yearly, early detection is the key!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by dill
                    The harm is that once again I drank the whole thing myself in the course of a couple of hours. And it just left me feeling unsatisfied and wanting more.
                    I wanted to comment about this statement a bit more, thanks Dill for saying it because it's one of the tools I use to stay sober. I know that when I drank, I drank to get drunk, and I don't think that will ever change, no matter how much sober time I accumulate...

Comment

31F and grey, light snow yesterday.
                      I didn't always get drunk when I drank, and didn't always drink more than I intended. Problem is, there were times when I did drink WAY more than I intended, and I never knew, nor could control when those times would be. And that's what scares me the most.
                      Much better to stay away.
                      pisitve thoughts for all here.
                      24 more.

Comment

Same here, Mr V. I was an unpredictable drinker. I think my time trying to drink and moderate this last time reminded me how stupid drinking is for me. The negative is way more than anything I perceived as positive. Annie Grace has really taught me important facts about alcohol and my relationship with it.

Good news about hubby's health results, Jude. Keeping my fingers crossed for continued good reports!

Finally getting desert weather! Hoping things turn around back home soon though. We are supposed to head home in 30 days and there's 3ft of snow! No bueno!!

I'll gladly take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, glad that your husbands diagnosis just calls for continued monitoring at this time. Please make sure that any level spikes are quickly investigated. My father and my brother had/have prostate cancer and both learned from experience that quick action is needed when PSA levels increase. Fortunately it is one of the most treatable cancers but still it’s cancer and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

Winter has returned as Cowboy pointed out. Enuf!

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday, af is a good way to start the weekend.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

4:39 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

More snow on the way tomorrow......ugh!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

It is not the sorrow that we drown, only our souls.
                                ~Jude58, 2/19/18

Originally posted by abcowboy
                                I wanted to comment about this statement a bit more, thanks Dill for saying it because it's one of the tools I use to stay sober. I know that when I drank, I drank to get drunk, and I don't think that will ever change, no matter how much sober time I accumulate...
                                Toward the end I drank to get drunk. But it wasn't always so. When I first started drinking I drank for the pleasure and for the loosening up effect in social situations. Over time I drank daily for the relaxation, but of course it gradually took more and more because the feeling didn't last long enough. In the end it was the desire to drink to leave everything behind; to be drunk. Each and every night. Ugh.

Mr. V and Ginger, I think I went thru a stage like you described, that middle ground where sometimes I could stop and sometimes not and I didn't know which outcome I would have. But obviously I passed thru that stage. My off switch was on the blink, then it broke completely!

Not messing with it today. To borrow a phrase: Today will be a darn good day not to drink! 24 more please.
                                Last edited by dill; March 2, 2019, 07:25 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X