No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7:09 am another 24 please and Happy New Year,be safe and remember the goal,let's start 2016 clearheaded and happy
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Liz, is it a marathon sorta thing with a bunch of people? Either way...good for you! I would much rather be doing that then nursing a hangover! Which I am sure so many people will be doing tomorrow -- but not us!!
      I will work today and then go to the gym for an hour or so. Then home to relax.
      Sparkling cider sounds yummy!
      I am going to have some sparkling juice. If it isn't frozen as I left it outside. Haha.

And I am with you Pauly!

Happy New Year everyone!!! It's going to be a good one....a sober one!! LET'S DO THIS!!

On another note....
      I had the strangest sleep last night. Not only bizarre dreams but woke up twice or thrice, completely SOAKED. It was weird. Because it felt like those first two weeks of sobriety.
      The sheets were wet. So bizarre.
      I didn't like that feeling.

Comment

Good morning to you all and a Happy New Year.
        I would love a cup of coffee and a big ole "Cattleman's breakfast" Eggs, Bacon, homefries and another 24 for me please.
        All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Red - I'm on it. Have a seat and grab a cup.

Happy New Year everyone! I'm asking for another 24 please.
          Had some niggling thoughts but then asked myself if I really wanted to wake up and feel dry mouth, shaky, headachy, nauseous, guilty, etc........and the answer is - of course I don't want to feel like that. I am thinking a cup of hot chocolate at midnight sounds pretty good.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks NoraC. It is good to see you here. Wishing you a Happy New Year.
            All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Happy new year everyone! New Year's Day here. Very nice to not have a hangover! I am a Pinterest addict myself! Love it. And it's saved me a lot of money and space because I don't really buy magazines anymore. Our picnic was really nice. And just had a quiet one here. Hubs snapped at me once we got home.. And I'm still in a sad mood over it. Just feel like being by myself, but starting the three day weekend today. So... I'll have a giant cup of coffee, a bagel and 24 more hours please.
              AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Here you go, Choices. Sorry hubby snapped at you. I have realized more & more (I already knew but it's so clear now...) that I let hubby's moods get to me. He has chronic pain which, of course, affect his moods. I am TRYING to learn how to live without thinking everything is my fault and that I have done something to upset him. The truth is that it has nothing to do with me......but, that's hard for me to get thru my brain.......
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora, it's hard to get through mine too but I totally agree! I think just living together is sometimes a challenge just because of the different moods and space etc.. We are back on track now.. Whew! Went to the mall.. Which we never do, but it's raining cats and dogs here and we knew we needed to do something out of the house. Sometimes our moods play off each other.. And getting out of the house helps. Change of scenery.. Now I have a few rare hours to take a nap.. Very happy about this. There is a plus side to co-parenting. I am glad hubs has the day off. And he has poker tomorrow night, so I can look forward to my chick flick night.
                  AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Sounds like fun. Enjoy the nap. I tried to do that when I got home but couldn't fall asleep. Aarrggghhh. LOL

HAPPY NEW YEAR all. I'll be manning the cafe tonight. I'm over by the fire with my Dean Koontz book so don't scare me when you walk in. :eyes:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I had to stop by today and wish you all a Happy New Year! Yes, I miss my friends in the Café and on the Steppers thread, but I haven't forgot you, I never will! I see the Café is in good hands, alive and well! I'm really enjoying the new forum, it's considerably bigger than MWO but smaller than soberrecovery and the people are great just like you guys! And it's moderated so all the drama is left at the door. I'll pop in from time to time just to remind y'all that I'm still alive and doing great on my quit, there is no excuse in the world big enough to make me pick up that first one ever again!

A new year, last year’s slate is wiped clean and we get to start anew. What will happen in the coming year is anyone’s guess, but we hold our destinies in the palm of our hand. The choices we make in the hours and days ahead will form those destinies. It is our choice, our doing, that will make us who we are. For me, for the most part, it will be a year of seconds, my second year of enjoying birthdays, holidays, deaths, etc. sober. It is truly wonderful to think in those terms, a year of seconds instead of being a year of firsts. Sobriety is indeed wonderful!

Time for everyone, me included, to start thinking about what my slate will have written on it this time next year, time to prepare myself for all the excuses that will pop up trying to convince me that I deserve another drink. No excuse will be good enough because I want to be sober more than I want to drink, and that my friends is the secret to sobriety! Take care everyone, and remember, no quitting on your quit eh!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy! Great to see you here, and to know that you are doing well. Happy New Year!
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Nearly 11 am Auckland time, another 24 please.
                          AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Another 24 for me please. Cowboy so good to see you. Started my year with a 5k this morning! Christmas decorations are down and I'm ready to start the new year!

Comment

Happy New Year.

Cowboy - great to see you.

I slept for most of the day!!!!! (But, I feel great so I guess I needed it. ) Batteries are recharged and here we go..........
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Up early and went food shopping! Working a lot next week and I'm glad I got that out of the way. Washing machine is not working. Hubby is taking a look at it, but 2016 may be the year of another new washing machine! ugh! 24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X