~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 more please.

ABC, I find your views interesting and in line with my own. I think it interesting that someone from outside our country would be following along and having opinions about our politics. But then, I guess what the U.S. does affects other countries as well as our own. The pipeline being a good example of that. But in this country right now, there is such a strong over reaction to Trump. Everything he does is reported in a negative light and often falsely. I have kept silent about my support of him here and in my real world because I don't like confrontation. Especially not on a recovery site. I don't mind discussion, but usually once you say you think positively of Trump all kinds of assumptions are made as to what type of person you are. Name calling is not helpful but almost always comes in to play. People that oppose him are not interested in seeing anything he does as constructive. Speaking of his Executive Orders, he signed one the other day that keeps in place Obama executive orders for supports for LGBQ people in the federal work place. I don't think I heard much about that in the media tho. Didn't fit their agenda.

I'll have to google Canadian news websites to get up to speed on issues that are current in your world! I'm sorry to say that I have very little knowledge about current events in your country at the moment. Keeping up with U.S. politics right now is almost a full time job! LOL!
    Last edited by dill; February 2, 2017, 06:44 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"The truth is, no matter what your current circumstances, if you can imagine something better for yourself you can create it."

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more please and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:

pauly
      dill
      lloydlady
      Orimus
      mario
      abcowboy

Keep your eyes on the prize....
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Meh,can we not clog this thread with political talk? 24 more
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I think I already checked in once today, but maybe I'll do it again for good measure!

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today. Six more weeks of winter! Drat! Still, a good day not to drink.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

42 F and cloudy, here in NYC today. Time to go catch a bus now. Another 24 please.
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

ABC and Dill...Loved your posts...so different than the majority. :-) Refreshing, for sure.

4:55 PM in Wisconsin...clear skies...our days are longer now. :-)

Yes, please, may I have another 24 hrs? I would be so grateful!

Comment

Another 24 please.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

"A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success."

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more please and thanks!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:

pauly
                  dill
                  Orimus
                  Rusty
                  mario
                  abcowboy

And so it shall be Pauly, no talk of politics in the Club or Café! Maybe we need a DMZ thread for topics like politics, religion, etc...
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I just want to keep the thread positive and focused on why we're all here Cowboy another 24 for me please

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 please,

I can easily avoid political talk and would be glad to if it is going to make anyone uncomfortable. We need to keep our 'eyes on the prize' after all!
                      Dill

Comment

Next week is TWD Dill!!!

Comment

A chilly 29 F as of 10 am here in Jersey with cloud filled skies, (Though I did see some sun) 24 more please.
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Pauly-I can't believe you and Dill like The Walking Dead. You two crack me up!

Comment

Its all about survival Rusty haha

Comment

24 more please

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X