~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Grey with a light 1/2 inch dusting of snow, nothing sticking on the roads, so things are normal here.
    24 more here please.

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Warmed up and snow on the way, but I'll gladly shovel in warmer temps!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Such a true quote! It's all up to us.

In 11 years of coming south we've never had a March back home like this one. Still snowing there off and on. Unless the weather turns around soon, we will have to extend our stay here. We are both ready to get home to family so keeping our fingers crossed spring starts to show up soon!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had another good turnout for our Parkinson’s meeting yesterday, including one person who was told about our group by her doctor at one of the clinics I called on.

Winter just won’t quit. We have a few inches of snow with blowing winds but according to the news, lots of people aren’t driving to the conditions. As Mrs QW has often heard me say about stupid drivers, “but the sign says 110kms/hr”. Good day to stay inside I think.

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday af!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], glad you had a good turn out. What a wonderful service you are providing for others.

Comment

As I finish out my last day of quotes, this one reminds us to Bloom. With spring coming (Hopefully) we will all continue to bloom. Its great to be back from a dark place and see the light. I feel like in the last 3 months I have bloomed and become a much better person. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

Excellent quote, Rava and so perfect as we all breathlessly await the start of spring! And the picture of the crocus will stay with me so that when I finally do see some here at my house, I will remember that quote. Congratulations on your 100 days! You are awesome!

I applaud you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] right along with [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. There's a quote I read in one of my quote searches that said something like 'the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others'. Seems like you've found yourself!

Ginger, I hope you will be able to return home soon. It has been absolutely crazy weather in the northwest! I hope it settles soon.

I've got a banana bread in the oven this morning. It'll be ready for you all in a few minutes!

Cowboy, how are you doing on you cig quit? Are you using Nicorette gum or patches? I hope it is getting easier for you each day.

24 more, please and thank you!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the week of great quotes [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I especially loved today's!

The sun is shining here and it sure is good to see....gonna be a great day!

Save some banana bread for me dill! Yum!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-11C (12F) with a light dusting of snow. Don't imagine I'll need the shovel, the leaf blower will clean it up just fine!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; March 9, 2019, 08:09 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Huge congrats [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

And thanks for a week of great quotes!

Comment

Yo [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], you forgot to sign in yesterday lol.

The quitting smoking isn't going as well as I'd hoped [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], although I'm down to 4 or 5 smokes a day instead of a pack. But I am determined to be totally smoke free by the end of Lent! Have my follow-up check on my cholesterol level this coming week, got my fingers crossed...

Time change, uuugh….I don't mind the one in the fall, but the spring ahead one is hard for me to get used to. I don't really think about where the hours of daylight sit, it's still only so many hours of daylight lol.

Off to Veg to today to go out for lunch with the father-in-law. It was his 85th. birthday on the 7th, which was also our second oldest daughter's 39th! Man, I 'm getting old lol. But if I compare myself to Bubba's dad, I've got 23 more years of living a great AF life ahead of me!

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], thanks for a great week of quotes. I'm hoping spring is just around the corner all the same ;~) Congrats on 100 days!

I'll have another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I love crocuses, we don't have many up here at all, a few here and there but not like where I grew up in S.E. Sask. And seeing that pic reminded me that this week is when I need to fire up the heat in the green house and get ready to start planting. I'll have to dig my way in as the snow is halfway up the patio doors and the same most all way around. And then I remembered that I forgot to dig the Cala lily bulbs last fall! Don't think there's much of a chance that they survived this brutal winter...

You think the snow will melt that fast [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? Possibly, I know the girls in Vancouver say the snow goes as fast as it comes lol.
                            Last edited by abcowboy; March 9, 2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Dang! You're right Cowboy, I did come here in the afternoon to read but totally forgot to pledge my 24 well I just do it in the morning again cuz it's easier to remember 6:07 am in Vegas,another 24 please,the time change is gonna be tough tomorrow! I'm just barely getting going now imagine an hour less,grrrr
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations on 100 days Rava!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X