~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Beautiful flowers, Dill! Thanks for the reminder that I need to get planting! We're unseasonably cold at the moment so it slipped my mind.
    AB and Ginger, Here's to a day where everything goes as planned!
    I'm at the end of another 24 af hours and very happy about it.
    See you all tomorrow..xx

Comment

Great quotes so far this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Yesterday’s reminded me of how it was early in my quit. All those “firsts” that I had to somehow get through without drinking. And as I got through them, the one’s that followed got easier and easier. Now, I don’t even think about drinking when it comes time to attend any events or go through a rough spot. Well, almost never, there are times that “I wish” but it’s only for a moment and then it’s gone…

And if anything good ever came from being a drunk, it was meeting all of you and becoming a second family! It’s amazing how y’all help me get through the rough patches!

Sorry I’m a bit late commenting on your recent success [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Well done on getting through those urges! Every time we flex our sober muscles, they get stronger and stronger!

How’s Mr P [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? He have a new name yet? Are you getting any opportunities to put some miles on him?

Does your son work at a high end hotel or restaurant [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? I’d be crazy overweight if Adam was a professional chef lol. Sounds like your weeks are full of Dr appointments, it is a good thing you’re retired!

I meant to ask you Mr Vervill how you choose what sporting event/venue to attend? Do you get some sort of pass to allow you free admission or is that all out of pocket expenses?

Beautiful flowers [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Not time to plant up here yet, not that it matters cause Bubba said no flowers this year at the house or farm. I might put in a few tomatoes in the greenhouse, but that’s about it. I mostly listen to the music on my iPod while in the tractor, and sometimes I just like to ponder and give thanks, say a few words to the Big Guy and let Him know how much I appreciate what He’s done for me.

How’s things with you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]? I read your posts on the other threads and get too busy (lazy) to comment lol. I do enjoy watching your FB posts, seeing how those two schebynics keep you busy!

And it’s nice to see you posting again [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! I can’t imagine what it’s like to be a single parent to two growing girls! More power to you for getting through it without drinking!

Well, that’s probably long-winded enough for now lol. Got about 20 more acres to seed before I shit down for the night, so I’ll see y’all in the morning for coffee!
      Last edited by abcowboy; May 9, 2019, 06:19 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” unknown

I think it's fair to say we've all slipped along this AF journey but what's important is to always get back on that horse. Slow doesn't matter. What matters is the trying. We know what we want and that's a life time of sobriety so no matter how long it takes let's just keep trying!

I'll see you all in the morning!
        Last edited by Ginger999; May 8, 2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Good morning. ANother 24 for me please and thanks. You are right Ginger, we might go slow but we don’t stop!!! Great quote!

Comment

Dill...Thanks for the pics of the flowers! It really lifted my spirits on this gloomy rain filled morning!

Cowboy....Mr. P (now Levi) bucked me off the first time that I rode him! I have been lungeing the hell out of him in the round pen, as I am too sore to get back on him. We found a tender spot on his back right where the saddle sits. I have a vet coming tomorrow to rule out any physical causes for his behavior. If he does it again, he's going back as I am too old to be a Bronc rider! We shall see....

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Just above freezing this morning but nice and sunny! Finished up the barley yesterday and got started on wheat, one day at a time lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's a nice morning, nice enough to sit out on the deck with my coffee. I discovered that the birds that built a nest under my eaves are not cliff swallows after all. They are insect catching birds like swallows but they are called Eastern Phoebes. Cute and fun to watch. Their call sounds like "phoebe, phoebe be" Here's what I'm talking about:

Cowboy, I was going to ask you if you spent some time in the cab in meditation/prayer. It would seem to lend itself to that. If you do plant those tomatoes, you ought to go ahead and plant a marigold or two to keep them company! A bright yellow marigold would cheer you as you watch your tomatoes grow and they are carefree. Just a thought.

I do hope Levi had a good reason for throwing you Jude. But I know what you mean about not being of an age to take such falls. You need to keep yourself in one piece! I am assuming you have an agreement with the seller that you can return him?

Wind is picking up out here in advance of the expected rain. I'd better get inside and get busy with my day. 24 more please.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Oh no, Jude! That's terrible. Hope the vet finds some answers for this behavior. Bucked off? My old bones would crumble! Glad you are only sore!

Dill, what a precious little bird. There's a nest of robins near us and they are really starting to talk.

Buying tomato plants today. Supposed to be in the 90s this weekend. Spring didn't stick around very long. Maybe it will come back for a bit longer. High temps in this 5th wheel are hellish even with two air conditioners! What a whiner....I clearly need to work on my gratitude. "/

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Yes plant your tomatoes! On the news last night they said prices are gonna go up on toms for some reason,I have some growing but they're tiny! Jude,I hope they figure out why Levi(love that name) acted that way and hope it's something small so you can keep him,let us know,5:52 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I had my first drinking dream of this quit last night. It was just 1 drink and it tasted terrible! Soooo glad it was just a dream.

Cowboy, my son is Chef de Cuisine at a fancy restaurant in downtown Calgary. He’s 6’4 and only weighs 165lbs. I keep asking him who trusts a skinny chef? He has an amazing talent. His restaurant has a capacity of 750 people. As I like to tell people, he’s tall dark and handsome like his Dad plus he can cook!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

68f and the air is heavy with rain inbound.
                        24 more please

Comment

“Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other’s eyes for an instant?” — Henry David Thoreau

Think about this for a minute....think of the compassion we'd have for others if we could just do that even for a second. How the world would change.

Comment

I agree 100% with your quote this morning [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! As someone who works with people that have Alzheimer's and dementia, I really need to try and see with their eyes. Not always easy, but we'll worth it if I succeed!

Another dismal rainy day here, and the farmers are hard pressed to get their crops in.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

9C (50F) and cloudy, no significant rain in the forecast so seeding will continue as usual...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

59F with rain
                                orf to work early
                                24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X