• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:49 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning ya'll! @ Mr Vervill, you got to meet Maya Angelo? How cool! I've read all her books. Sadly I'm not sure I could tell you much about them. It was during my AL days so.....

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I hear you about being too old for back breaking work. We are subbing out all the things we would have done ourselves 10 years ago on our house and boy, oh boy, does that run the price up!! Take the price of material and double or I triple it to account for labor! It's worth every penny though, if it keeps us out of the ER. Haha

Hope everyone has a stellar AF weekend! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re under a weather advisory due to smoke from forest fires in the north. The smoke was so thick this morning when we walked, you could almost chew the air. Can’t imagine how bad it must be in your area Cowboy.

I saw my doc this morning and celebrated a good check up by starting a new book and buying green bananas.

Rava and Ginger, I hear you about getting too old for doing physical stuff. We’ve decided to stay in our house for a few more years, health permitting, and are having some improvements made to make our house safer and easier to live in. Our favourite handyman will do most things on the list, we’ll help by staying out of the way!

Have a great Friday everyone, af of course.

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; May 31, 2019, 03:01 PM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Showers in the forecast today, but thankfully, no tornados! Grateful for that!

Did somebody say cake?????I

Another sober 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink eh Mr V!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep, it's cake day in the Café

Huge congrats [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congratulations Mr.V on 2 years and congrats on 6 months Rava!! Interesting how Cowboy keeps his records haha,5:44 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MMMMMM, Cake! Thanks, Cowboy!
                  65F and sunny here, a great day not to drink!
                  24 more please!

Comment

Sorry! I forgot to post the Saturday quote before bed. Hung out on the patio until dark. Such a gorgeous evening and sunset.

Congrats, Mr Vervill! Two years is awesome. Here's to many, many more.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], do you ever get random links added to your photo when you use the site for pictures? I have twice! It adds a hyperlink under the picture to some random thing. Today was to a bank. Guess it's how they make their money? Anyway, just curious.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats Mr V on your 2 years af! Well done!!

Another beautiful morning here when we walked and it was virtually smoke free, a nice change from yesterday.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Congrats Mr. V! You're the awesomest! :applouse:

Thanks for another good quote, Ginger, and for all the quotes this week. It's better to be in transition than in stasis, IMO....as long as the transition is a positive one!

We get to celebrate a high school grad today. Now there's a transition!!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the week of great quotes this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], and for covering for [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Hopefully she made it home safe and sound! I don't get any hyperlinks when I post pics through postimages, but I joined because it is free and I can store my pics there and use them anywhere. Did you join or just using the homepage?

Yep, it's very smoky up here [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! We've been on an air quality alert everyday for the past 10 days or so. Haven't seen the sun in a while, just this faint red ball in the sky.

I surely don't rely on my memory for keeping track of quit dates [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] lol. I found a great calendar app to use so that I get reminded when a milestone or birthday is coming up, and it's also great for the QD rotation as well! If I had my way, I'd have everyone on MWO quit dates in my calendar! It's important to me to applaud and congratulate people as they reach person milestones and birthdays. Nothing like a pat on the back for a job well done IMO. And I know how often quit dates can change because they did for me also, but I try and keep up with those changes. Sometimes I miss one and make a mistake, but hey, I'm not perfect so I'll make a mistake here or there... I have a few Café regulars in my calendar, and quite a few other's as well, and I'm always on the lookout to add more names. I tried to go back through posts and figure out Day 1's and new Day 1's, but it's not an easy task and I don't want to make a mistake. So I'll just continue the way I am, adding dates when I can accurately figure them out, or when people pm me their current quit date...hint, hint. lol

Friends from Sask are coming today to spend the weekend with us, haven't seen them since last summer. Brian and I were good drinking buddies, but he quit as well a couple of years ago due to non-alcoholic health reasons. Got the fridge stocked with Arnold Palmer's, SanPel, and G2!

Have a great weekend y'all!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; June 1, 2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Late check in as I just got home from Florida. Yes ABC I hope to be a snowbird this year. Thats my goal. Congrats Mr. V on 2 years. Well done sir! I will be back tomorrow for breakfast!

Comment

""How much bondage and suffering a woman escapes when she takes the liberty of being her own physician of both body and soul.""~Elizabeth Cady Stanton .. (of course men are included! this is an older quote from a woman who helped lead the women's suffrage movement.)

"If we listen to ourselves, to the innermost voice of our Spirits, we know that we have the power to heal ourselves. Self-healing begins with making our own decisions—about what we wear, what we do, who we are—and deciding that we will be true to ourselves. With the help of our spiritual guide, we can resist the temptations to betray ourselves, for these temptations are born of fear; the fear that we are not good enough to be our "own physicians."
                              To give away our powers bind us and cause us to suffer. But we can go to others for help without losing our own strength."

I have to remind myself to take care of myself! I can take care of others, no problem.. but myself? A work in progress..:love:

Congratulations on 2 years of freedom, Mr. V! and 6 months for you, Rava!
                              It sounds like everyone is doing well.. I'm glad the tornadoes didn't get to close to you, Dill!
                              Jude, so happy to hear that Stetson is a good fit. I read quite a way back here but didn't see a picture. Did you post one?
                              Big hugs to all of you and here's to another 24 af hours!
                              Last edited by lifechange; June 2, 2019, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Congrats on 2 years Mr. V! Quite an accomplishment! 6 months [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]? You rock!

Thanks for today's quote LC, and glad that you are feeling better!I

Great quotes last week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].....you always come up with some inspirational ones!

Sorry about all of the smoke up your way cowboy and QW.....we've never had an issue with that kind of thing down here, and I just can't imagine. Another thing that we often take for granted.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X