~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and Happy Saturday! Thought I would end my last day of quotes with something silly. We are serious most of the time as we work through our sobriety. I’m taking a poll. What is your favorite food when things get tough? My favorite go to is popcorn. Lots and lots of it. Thats probably why I can’t lose weight around my belly! Hope everyone has a great day and has some fun with whatever makes you happy!:welldone:

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! My favorite go to food is ice cream! Yum!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, I'll take 24 more please, and thanks...

15C (60F) this morning, rain in the forecast for later today, only 30% chance though...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=13741]daisy45[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes, thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I'm always on the lookout for humorous quotes, I don't think we always need to post serious ones. A good chuckle in the morning is a great way to start the day! Oh, my go to food is definitely Mrs Vickie's Sea Salt and Vinegar Kettle Cooked chips!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sunny and 17C, 63F when we walked at 6 this morning. The AC might get a workout today.

Daisy, hope you’re doing well.

My go to comfort food depends on what’s available! It might be nuts n bolts, could be homemade chocolate chip cookies or if we’re both a bit down, shepherds pie or slow cooker roast beef.

My project for the day is to find an anniversary gift for Mrs QW. Number 45 is next Saturday. Pretty soon I’m going to have to stop telling people I got married when I was 6!

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; July 13, 2019, 08:46 AM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Haha! Great quote, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. I'd say mine is anything sweet. Never cared for sweets much when I was drinking because I got my sugar fix there! I read some where (who knows if it's true), that heavy drinkers were heavy candy eaters as children. And boy was I!!

Last day at the lake. My sister has been with us this trip, thus the short check ins. I get up and we start talking! It's been a great trip. Love me some sister time.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I think my favorite snack/comfort food varies but last night, it was regular old potato chips! I love sea salt and vinegar as well. Sometimes I get a huge craving for spicy doritos. Those are just the tip of the iceberg! I tend to go for the salty snacks. But once in a while in the summer time, I just have to have a hot fudge sundae with toasted pecans, whipped cream and a cherry!
                Thanks for the week of great quotes, Rava! I can't believe how fast the week went!

It's a beautiful sunny day here. Not too hot and low humidity. They are baling the last of the hay today.

I went to a luncheon get-together with some of the people I used to work with. Altho it was enjoyable, it was also kind of stressful. I had lots of memories of socializing with a glass or two of wine or beer with these folks. The hostess actually offered us sangria or a beer to go with the lunch. I declined of course, but I'm not going to like...it wasn't easy! Glad I did tho.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

My go-to comfort snack was ice cream in the early months of going AF, and now it’s popcorn big-time when I’m stressed & craving!

Second dinner out in a row with the out-of -town visiting in-law guests. I’m getting more skilled at doing this AF while they all down their mixed drinks and bottles of wine. I didn’t want it, and the wine fumes didn’t smell good. Conversing over a long dinner without the aid of that “social lubricant” I guess is the most challenging part, but I’m managing. It does seem to loosen them up, and then we can move on from talking about the weather and everyone’s outfits. But my that one SIL sure gets silly and talking a mile a minute when she gets liquored up.

Dill, no that doesn’t sound easy at all to be meeting up & lunching with former colleagues who were your drinking partners. Lots of associations with that would come to the forefront.

I guess the old hay that rotted will get cut down with this new hay, Dill? Our weather is dry & sunny too! I’m forgetting what rain is! And I don’t want to find out again during my daughter’s outdoor wedding at the end of this month! Would rather have the rain now than then.

Your sister time sounds restorative, Ginger!

[MENTION=13741]daisy45[/MENTION], we’re pulling for you! Hope gym & swim and lots of rest is getting you through these first days.

Hope you found that special gift, QW!

Asking for another 24 hours for tomorrow.
                  Last edited by Slo; July 13, 2019, 10:25 PM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Warm and muggy on the back porch this morning, but it sure beats snow!

Happy anniversary to you and your wife [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! The years sure do go by fast don't they?

Happy Sunday to all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Sunday! Last night Mr. R had a drink and I looked at it and remembered taking those huge gulps and did not want to repeat a bad thing. Dill, glad you didn't cave into the temptation at your luncheon!! Ginger, now that your vacay is coming to an end you can run to your house and check on your sons progress! LOL. QW your upcoming 45th Anniversary is an awesome milestone. Hope you find the perfect gift for your mrs! Hi to everyone and hope today is a great one! Loved all the food choices. Food brings everyone together for sure!!

Comment

I'm still watching and holding my breath for my daughter, gson, brother and his family down in Louisiana. The Mississippi can't take much more rain!

Slo, the first cutting hay was brown but not rotten. Yes, it was cut with the second cutting and will be useable this winter, thankfully.

Grateful for another morning without a hangover. It's not something to take for granted, ever.

24 more, please and thank you. :love:
                        Last edited by dill; July 14, 2019, 06:09 AM.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I sent [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] a reminder about her week for QD but I'm not sure what part of the world she is in right now lol. So I'll take over for her until she gets back...

"When you are stressed you eat ice cream, cake, chocolate and sweets, because stressed spelled backwards is desserts!" - Unknown

6:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Sunny and hot this morning, no rain yesterday, but 60% chance forecast for this afternoon.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; July 14, 2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Running late this morning, but breakfast is ready!

Comment

Sure hope your family in Louisiana wasn't hit too hard by Barry [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I can't imagine getting 2 feet of rain along with those high winds!

It's nice when our AF time gets easier and easier [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. Sitting in a restaurant watching people around me enjoy a drink used to bother me a lot, now I hardly notice!

Oldest daughter is back home this week from Vancouver. She spent the weekend out at the lake with Adam & Darcie and will be coming over tonight to spend a couple of days with us. It's take your daughter to work day tomorrow lol, she's going to help me lay the insulation and pipe for an in-floor heating system I'm doing in a farm shop. It was a year ago that she was with me on the job when I cut my arm open, not going to be any repeats of that!!

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday, just keep it between the lines and hit the pillow sober...

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X