Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Monday quote...

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Loved the quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! I know too many people who sit on cacti? on a regular basis!

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy, pancakes Are a favorite of mine!
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...the bird that you might be hearing could be a screech owl. I'm sure that you can find bird sounds somewhere on the internet!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Breakfast was delicious yesterday! Thanks cowboy! I'm glad you and Bubba had a good time on your visit with family. It's always nice to break up the routine with such a pleasant activity. Did Hank enjoy his overnight stay? Tessa would do well with boarding I think. She likes other dogs and is generally well socialized. We have had dogs in the past that would be absolutely miserable if they were in close quarters with other dogs.

Ginger, your quote made me smile and think at the same time!

What's your new biking goal, Mr. V? Big congrats to you!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and great quote Ginger. Our negative thoughts only lead us to negative outcomes! Hope those wildfires get contained SOON! Scary for sure. I jumped out of bed this morning and got dressed for work only to realize that I’m off today. What a stupid thing to do. Oh well I hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please. Also thanks for the great breakfast yesterday Cowboy!.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Sunny, a bit cooler, but good enough for a round of golf this morning!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well it was a good weekend all around. But it is good to be back home and have Hank back. He doesn't mind going to the vet's which surprises me because of all his surgeries and tests this past year. But like me, he's always happier at home lol.

Today's quote made me think of the time I had on the weekend [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I could have let negative thoughts about not being able to drink get me in a sour mood, but I chose to be happy about being there, enjoying the conversations and laughter, and reminding myself that it's okay to be a non-drinker!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

71F and sunny, warming up fast, into the low 90's today.
                Glad everyone had an AL free weekend, and had fun to boot!
                Sounded like a beautiful wedding, Slo!
                Sat on a few Cacti in my day, lol!
                24 more please

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I love cacti but I sure don't want to sit on any! Better keep that negativity in check. :•)

Another busy day!! Windows are installed, plumbing, electrical and HVAC are all roughed in and roofing starts today. It's quickly becoming a house! I wish I could have all my breakfast gang over for a housewarming breakfast. Cowboy, you can do the cooking. ;~)

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A beautiful sunny start to the day. Jessie goes to the vet this morning for her annual checkup. She’s figured out that if she goes right to the scale and sits when we get to the clinic, she gets a treat!

Ginger, the house is coming together really quick! Bet you can’t wait until it’s move in ready!!

My son in Oz gave me his shopping list of things to bring next week, first item is as much Tim Hortons ground coffee as will fit in my luggage. For those unfamiliar with Tim Hortons, it’s a mostly Canadian coffee shop best known for its addictive coffee and donuts.

Hope everyone has a great af Monday!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yes, it was a good weekend all around, but it’s good to be home now too. We were lucky to have our next door neighbor lady & her daughter to take good care of our dog, cat, and our daughter’s dog while we were away, so our dog was able to stay home, which is good since he no longer does well with being boarded.

Bummer, Rava, that you lost your chance to sleep in! Hope your weekend party was nice and, since it was a grand’s birthday party, it even had a chance of being AF.

I love the quote today about sitting on the cactus, and have penned it into my calendar. I get down about my strained & unhappy marriage, and have to work harder at not sitting on the cactus after his angry outbursts and letting them bother me.

You should be well over your 500-mile biking goal after this weekend, Mr. V! I enjoyed getting out on my bike last evening to decompress from the weekend.

Asking for another 24 hours AF.
                        Last edited by Slo; July 29, 2019, 12:10 PM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Congratulations, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], for navigating a wedding without a social lubricant! Now you have a year of "firsts" plus a wedding and its aftermath behind you. You've done each thing once and you can do it again! :hug: NS

Comment

Tuesday quote....

Comment

Humbly asking for another sober day!

Comment

Good Tuesday morning and another great quote Ginger. Yep its not a race. This last quit took me many months to get my act together. I definitely don't want to repeat that mess. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X