~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks the yesterday's quote Ginger! It really does take a lot of strength to change the things that harm us the most!

Sorry about your sister Slo....you must feel so helpless watching her do this to herself.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Excellent quote Ginger!! Slo, so sorry about your twin. Hard to watch a family member slide into this mess. We know how hard it is to climb out ourselves. Hope everyone has a great AF day! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

More rain yesterday and thick fog this morning, but it's a very humid 16C (62F)…

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Boy, lots of good things said in the posts yesterday, not sure where to start!

I'm not sure if we are basic creatures, but it's true we just need a few basic things to survive. And then our complicated minds convince us that we need more and more things to survive when we really don't. It's when my mind get's full of all those things, the drinking thoughts creep in...maybe all we need is to get back to the basics of living....

Sorry to hear about your sister [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], and we can all relate to what she is going through even if our journey hasn't been as difficult as hers. Each of us has to go through our own pain and anguish as we recover, and situations like that should make us appreciate our sobriety, and our journey, even more!

Great quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Courage and persistence will get us most of the way, support can get us through some of the tough times, but acceptance is just as important...

Have a fantastic Friday my friends, and remember to keep it between the lines this weekend!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

68F and sunny. Going to about 90 today, with a little more hmidity.
            Tired after work last night.
            There is sooo much drinking and smoking (still!) in TV shows and movies. They must be getting paid.
            So, so sorry to hear of your sister, Slo.
            Need to protect my own quit at all costs
            Driving my own car here, and keeping in my own lane.
            Peace to all
            24 more

Comment

I watched a Netflix movie last night called Red Sea Diving Resort or something like that. It was based on true events and was an amazing story of courage and survival.

Hope everyone has a great day! Beautiful weather here and I'm headed to the outlet mall with a girlfriend.

Cross post [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Hey, don't you be working too hard!

24 more please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; August 2, 2019, 07:28 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Friday morning everyone. We are in for a scorcher the next few days. The last couple years, when it got up in the high 90-low 100s, we'd head to Ocean Shores where it is typically in the 60s. This year with the house, we are having to stay close by. Too many decisions to make and checks to write to stray too far!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

An early start to the day so Jessie and I headed out before 6 for our walk. Sunny and warm here today with temps again in the low30’sC, low 90’sF. Think I’ll get the lawn cut before it heats up. I figure I’ll cut it short so it’ll be OK until I get home.

Great quote again today!

Even though I’ve been retired for about 8 years, I still get excited by Friday’s and long weekends. Hope everyone has a great af Friday and for those who get Monday off, enjoy!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It does take a lot of courage to break long-standing patterns in life such as an addiction to alcohol. It is painful to “break up” with the substance. But if it is no longer serving us, then the best thing to do is to muster up the courage and go for it.

My sister does live near me, Dill. Yes, it has been difficult to stand helplessly by and watch the devastation of her addiction over the last three decades, Jude & Rava. I say helpless, because it has been a big lesson to me in how we actually can’t save other people from this addiction. I don’t have the power to keep her from putting the bottle to her lips again & again. You’re right, Cowboy; we all walk in her shoes too, and we know how hard this is.

Another perfectly beautiful day here, and not too hot! I loved my bike ride today.
                      Yes, best to keep an eye on your construction project, Ginger!
                      Canmore sounds beautiful.
                      Hope you enjoy your shopping day, Dill!

Reporting in for another 24 hours.
                      Last edited by Slo; August 2, 2019, 05:17 PM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Saturday quote... (sorry about the tiny image. Click on it to make it bigger)

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                        Last edited by Ginger999; August 2, 2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Morning Cafe, Thanks for the great quotes this week Ginger! We must keep looking out the windshield and not the rear view! Mr R and I are headed to our condo today for 2 weeks. Looking forward to getting some more furniture and making it more like home for when we live there this winter. We are taking our little crazy dog too this time. It will be a whole new adventure for him. Dill thanks for the movie suggestion. I’m going to download it this morning for the plane ride. Ginger hopefully the house is still going strong! Hope everyone has a great saturday. My next post tomorrow will be from Florida. Another 24 for me please and thanks. I am so grateful for this group.....

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this week Ginger!

Company here this weekend, but hoping to get in a much needed trail ride on Stetson.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

63F and low humidity for a change, feels great.
                              Out of town for the weekend, might miss Sunday check-in.
                              24 more here please

Comment

Will you be able to check in while you are in Oz, QW? We'll be thinking of you! Safe journey. :heartbeat:

I'll be heading to UK at the end of September for a tour of Great Britain! Mr. D bought us tickets as a surprise gift for our wedding anni. Isn't that awesome?!! There is a former mwo member who I stayed in touch with living in Wales. Her mwo name was Sooty, in case anyone here remembers her. She's been gone a long time from mwo, but she is happily sober and enjoying life! Anyway, if it works out, she and I are hoping to meet!

Perfect weather here. I think I'll make a quick breakfast and head out.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X