• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:35 am in Vegas another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It is odd how we’re told how bad cigarettes & alcohol are, yet they are both legal and highly profitable. And alcohol is allowed to be heavily advertised & glorified in TV commercials here in the states. At least cigarette commercials have been banned.

Asking for 24 more hours AF!
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m not photographing the wedding so maybe it’ll just be the point & shoot that makes the trip. Thanks for your input Mr V. The kids are paying $11,000 for their photography!! I never made anywhere near that amount when I was shooting weddings.

This is a fairly quick trip to Oz, Aug4-13. Mrs QW isn’t making the trip and I don’t want to leave her too long.

Great quote this morning.

Going to Canmore for the day, always enjoy being in the mountains. Jessie gets to go to the Howliday Inn doggy day care to spend the day with her kind.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I lost an uncle to LBD. It was heart breaking to watch him deteriorate. My heart goes out to you and your family. Your trip sounds amazing, QW! I've always wanted to go to Australia! Right around the corner, mate!

I wonder sometimes how long it will take me to learn all the lessons I need to learn in this life. I will try to make good choices today!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Thursday Quote-ish.... Just thought it was funny and who can't enjoy a little chuckle on a Thursday morning?!

Last edited by Ginger999; August 1, 2019, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Morning cafe! All's quiet on the back porch this morning.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another 24 for me please and thanks. QW I’m sorry about your family member. LBD Sucks. Ginger great quote made me laugh this morning. Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Comment

68F, sunny
                  Orf to the doc this morning for blood tests, standard stuff.
                  work tonight
                  24 more please

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Warm out, a bit of thunder, and lots of rain...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; August 1, 2019, 06:48 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love today’s quote! Hilarious, and points to the need for daily self-care if we are going to stay successfully sober.

My twin sister is back to dangerous alcoholic drinking after a valiant effort to quit. I am so proud of her for trying so hard and making it for a couple of months, and also so sad & scared for her. I wish I knew how to help her out of this pit, the way she has always helped & supported me throughout life.

It makes me realize just how precious & important my quit is; it is The Key to having any kind of a functional life. Otherwise the alcoholic cycle just goes on mercilessly & endlessly.

Gratefully requesting another 24 hours.
                        Last edited by Slo; August 1, 2019, 08:31 AM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Oh no, Slo. So sorry to hear about your sister. If only there were a magic pill. I'll be keeping her in my thoughs.

Hope everyone has a good AF day. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Canmore was perfect yesterday! We met my brother in law and wife for a visit. They’re building a house near Golden, B.C. and I just had to ask the “while we’re at it” question. Judging by the way my brother in law rolled his eyes, I gather it’s been uttered several times! Thought you’d appreciate this Ginger.

Great quote today!

On the drive home yesterday we were passed by a car driving way too fast, weaving in and out of traffic. I’m guessing he was driving at least 50kms/hr, 30mph, over the limit. A few minutes after he passed us, we saw an unmarked police car on the other side of the highway put on his lights and siren, cross the median and chase the speeding vehicle. The speeder at least had the smarts to pull over and stop. I couldn’t help but wonder if alcohol was involved.

A cool and breezy start to the day when we walked but there’s a heat warning for later on, low 30’s C, low 90’s F. Thank goodness for AC!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Enjoy your Oz adventure, QW! It's too bad Mrs. Q will not be with you but that kind of travel can be very stressful and tiring. Jesse will keep an eye on her for you!

Slo, that is such sad news about your sister. Such a horrible thing! I'm sure your love and support are helping her even if it doesn't seem like it right now. Does she live near you?

I agree with you Cowboy about being tired of hearing about the dangers of alcohol and tobacco. And instead of trying to curtail the use of those substances our leaders are choosing to make more harmful substances legal! Too much money to be made in the form of taxes and profits for anyone to do anything of a serious nature. I'm not even sure what that would be. Pandora's box has been opened! I'm tired of seeing beer and liquor advertised on tv, billboards and in magazines, too. But there seems to be more of that than ever!

Interesting question you posed about whether you would have used tobacco or alcohol if they had been illegal. I know that I definitely would have used marijuana if it had been legal. So I suppose illegality could be a deterrent to some. But the thing with smoking and drinking....lots of times it's the kids that get hooked and you know they are doing it before they of legal age! But they are hooked and would likely continue into adulthood, legal or not. It's a strong addiction.

24 more please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; August 1, 2019, 12:51 PM.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Friday quote.....

Last edited by Ginger999; August 1, 2019, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X