No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, great quotes this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Growth is always scary, but my past is even scarier lol, so it's a no-brainer for me!

Not sure when it'll warm up enough to start staying in the camper again. The 30 minute drive home after we get off the field adds to an already long day. And now there's snow and rain in the forecast for tomorrow night and all day Monday...

As I was driving through Mannville last night on my way home I saw the RCMP driving around and thought it wasn't that long ago that I'd be worried about getting stopped. I just smiled to myself and thought those days are long gone!
    Last edited by abcowboy; October 12, 2019, 07:14 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:44 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Up early with my little sis. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I recall a few close calls with police when I was driving impaired. One time I was going to be stopped at a check stop but the officer was called to an emergency and took off at a high rate of speed, lights and siren on. I definitely don’t miss those days.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. We’re spending tomorrow with our Calgary family, looking forward to it. I do enjoy turkey!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Well, now we’re cold here too. Brrr! Time to get my winter coat out.

I’m sluggish & low & aching lately. Just going through my low days of the month before the full moon. Can’t wait until it’s over! I think I go through a retinol-dumping phase then with my hypervitaminosis A condition. Sort of like PAWS (post-acute withdrawal syndrome)...any kind of detox is similar and sucks.

It’s easier to step back into safety, but with our alcohol addiction, we’re being forced to step out and grow!

QW, you must have had an angel on your shoulder to have that police car speed away right before stopping you! I can think of a similar situation where I lucked out in a close call like that too.

Fun weekends for Ginger and Dill! The muffins sound yummy. I never heard of Martha White muffin mixes.

Slogging through another 24.
            Last edited by Slo; October 12, 2019, 06:14 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain...
              To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life,
              not to deny my humanity but embrace it.

~Kevyn Aucoin

I needed this one today. My emotions lately have been muted. Maybe it's just due to age, but I am feeling less connected and enthusiastic. I'm feeling more anxiety than usual. I need to throw it off! Today I'll concentrate on feeling life! I'll try to focus on the joys and the gifts in mine. Having time with my grandkids is a gift!

I miss [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]. I hope he rejoins us soon.

I checked with our theatre. We have a $6.20 Tuesdays there. I remember it used to be $5.50 but the price has gone up. Still, I'm glad to have the option! Plus, the theatre offers a late morning showing on many of the movies on Saturday. That one only costs $5.70. So, once again, thanks for the mention Slo. I'll be careful to go to the movies at those times when I can. In the meantime, we finally got a chance to take the kids to Lion King yesterday. So we went in spite of the price! lol It was special to get to do that with them. Even the 13yo said "it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be". He's somewhat of an Eeyore type if you know what I mean. But he said there were parts that he really enjoyed. The 8yo gdaughter loved the whole thing. Mr. D and I did too simply because the animation was so truly incredible and tru to life. How do they do it?!!!

24 more hours of freedom is a gift that I can give myself. Let's all enjoy it together.
              Last edited by dill; October 13, 2019, 05:03 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]..I was wondering where Mr. V went as well. Hope that he turns up soon! Great quote today as well....we are so lucky to have choices!

Happy Sunday all, and looking forward to breakfast [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

0C (32F) this morning, no frost so we'll be able to start making dust early today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Figured I'd better get breakfast out before getting ready to head out...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Dill. Every day we choose how our day will turn out, or at least how we show up for the day.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy, a nice light meal before turkey this afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing our Calgary family later on. I’m missing grandkids hugs!!!

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; October 13, 2019, 09:53 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, ABC and QW and anyone else that celebrates on this day.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:28 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mr. V disappears sometimes, but usually not for this long! I have been noticing his absence as well.

A breakfast emphasizing toast and fruit...yup, keep it lighter before your Thanksgiving feasts! Wishing a good celebration day to our Canadians.
                              Although it sounds like Cowboy is going to be working in the field all day?!

I have been feeling blue too, Dill. I need to step up my ability to choose, and try to feel better. Thanks for the quote.

Wishing for another 24 hours AF.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
                                ~Marcus Tullius Cicero

Even an idiot can eventually choose to change for the better!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X