~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

63F and sunny. Perfect summer weather today.
    so glad not to be stuck in that cycle!
    24 more please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, have you uttered the famous words....While we’re at it... yet? Dealing with trades can be challenging at times, glad you’re dealing with this af.

Slo, nice the weather outlook for the wedding is looking good. Photographing an outdoors wedding in natural light is so much easier than trying to control exposure indoors. Next week I’ll share some of my favourite wedding memories. I always considered it an honour to be part of the couples big day.

My dental appointment went very well yesterday. My dentist has a gentle touch and does wonderful work, something much appreciated by this big wuss!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; July 24, 2019, 11:26 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

So true, Jude: it was getting way too painful to stay stuck in the cycle, so I’m relieved to have finally gone through the pain & discomfort of getting out of it!

Mr. V, you’re out of the cycle, and out on your (bi)cycle instead!

I imagine that sometimes 9 holes of golf is just enough, Cowboy, and it doesn’t take up most of the day, and doesn’t lead to a “19th hole”.

Hope your house-building project is proving to be fun for you, Ginger. Yes, my daughter’s wedding is on Saturday!

Good point, QW, that outdoor weddings are easier to photograph, and also the photos turn out better in natural light. They make me nervous as you live with the uncertainty of how the weather will be, but I’m so thrilled that it looks like this one will be dry & sunny & temperate!

Asking for 24 for more hours AF.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hahaha, QW! Oh yes indeed I have and it's cost us!

Comment

“Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” ~Hermann Hesse

Sorry that I have not had much to say lately....just super busy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and yes holding on to something that causes so much destruction is not a good thing. Letting go is the answer. Thanks for that Jude! I am out of the loop. What is ADAAT? Slo, you are gonna have a great weekend for a wedding!!! Can’t wait to hear the details after it’s over. Hope everyone has a spectacular day today! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Cold, windy, and pouring rain...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

63 F and another perfect summer day!
                  Hope you have one of these perfect summer days for the wedding, Slo!
                  ODAAT, ADAAT- One Day at aTime, Rava.
                  Deciding to let go of AL was so much harder in my head than it was in reality. The mental games we play with ourselves, such a waste.

24 more please

Comment

I'm like you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], haven't been commenting a lot lately. Your quotes have been great this week, especially today. For the most part, I find that letting go usually take a whole lot more strength and sometimes a great leap of faith!

I wondered the same thing [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], did [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] make a typo, or did she mean Another Day At A Time lol.

I don't remember if you sold your cows last fall [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], or did you winter them one last time? The haybines around here have been running steady and now with all this rain the hay rakes will be just as busy!

I had outside work planned for today, and loaded the truck accordingly. Think rather than unloading and reloading, I might just take the day off. Hank's been having some problems lately and Bubba has been running him back and forth to the vet. He has another appointment today at 2:15 to have a needle stuck down into his kidneys to take a urine sample direct from the source. The vet suspects he's having kidney problems now, and wants to check the cell count in his urine while it's still in the kidneys. Just one thing after another as he gets older...
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

When I was Building Manager for the Rec Centre in Mannville [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], I used to tell the wedding parties that the big day will come and go. Most things will go off without a hitch and there might be a few things that don't go as planned. But it's up to them to make the memories good or bad, so just go with the flow and take everything that happens in stride, the important thing is that the next day you'll have achieved what you wanted, no matter what happened throughout the course of the day!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, I won’t ask how many thousands the “while we’re at it’s” cost, this is your dream house, have it made the way you want!

Mr V, spot on. I’ve likened giving up al to playing golf. It’s a matter of inches and the 6 most important are between your ears.

Cool and breezy when we walked this morning. Off to the Big Smoke, not for a medical appointment this time but a meeting and lunch with our financial planner.

I dropped off some fresh BC peaches yesterday to my dentists office as a thank you for helping me out on Tuesday. As I walked in, the receptionist looked at me, hung up the phone and said she was just calling me to see how I was feeling after the procedure. TLC at its finest!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; July 25, 2019, 05:50 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

I was thinking "another" day at a time. Sorry for the confusion :•)

I shudder to think what the "while we are at it" has cost on this project so far but I'll tell you what, it beats the hell out of spending it on booze! Lots of inside work going on now. Whoot whoot!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

What a nice gesture to your dentist office to bring them fresh peaches, QW!

Yeah, who am I trying to kid, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? Building a house is only sort of fun; it’s also a real nail-biter as you try to get it right, and choose the right “while we are at it’s”, but no unnecessary ones.

Aw, Cowboy, sad about Hank. He and Bubba will appreciate having you home today.

Cowboy, you’re another one who has seen more than your share of weddings! I’m grateful that the weather should be dry for the rehearsal picnic tomorrow. It will just be nice that the kiddies can all play together on the playground, and the tweens & adults can spread out to visit and play lawn games.

My main fear about the wedding is that I will freeze up without my social lubricant. I mean as the mother of the bride, I have to do a lot of mingling.
                            But I got out for another glorious bike ride today, so doing what I can to build those endorphins!

I had a weird drinking dream last night. Asking for 24 more please!
                            Last edited by Slo; July 26, 2019, 07:53 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Cowboy, it was just in the middle of this past winter when we had the really harsh weather that Mr. D and I decided we would need to let go of the cattle. We have them still but are set to sell them next week. There will be mixed emotions that day, but it is the right decision for us. It will also make travelling easier. We have a trip planned for 10 days in September so all we have to worry about is finding someone to dog sit. I'm really sorry to hear that Hank is not feeling great. Hope the test results are positive.

Slo, you'll be fine on Saturday! You've been training all year for this event and you've built up your sober muscles. You're at your peak!

24 more please for all of us!
                              Last edited by dill; July 25, 2019, 11:44 AM.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Just back from the Big Smoke, had a great meeting, visit and lunch with our financial planner. Mrs QW and I are believers in socially responsible investing as is our planner. No investments in marihuana, firearms, breweries, distilleries or companies that have poor environmental practices or don’t pay fair wages.

Thanks Slo and Ginger for not commenting on my seniors moment in my earlier post, now corrected by edit.

Have a great evening everyone!

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; July 25, 2019, 06:23 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X