Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sad day yesterday - had the snow tires put on my Jeep. I love fall but don’t like knowing what’s ahead. We’re going to BC in a couple of weeks for a get away and snow tires are required.

We’re having lunch with our son the chef tomorrow, looking forward to seeing him, first time since we were in Melbourne. We always let him choose the restaurant since he knows the best places to eat in Calgary.

Sunny and warm today - YAY - not many more days like this until next year. Lots of chores to do, best be getting to them.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Think of recovery as Double D’s: deciding and doing. Deciding to recover is only a mindset. Doing the recovery is the real miracle.”

Rain, rain and more rain! I'm right behind you QW as far as putting the snow tires on! Winter isn't too far away.

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

3C (38F) this morning with a cold spell combined with rain/snow mix coming this way tonight...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I am not ready yet to think about winter! We are still waiting for fall here because summer refuses to let go. Maybe this week...

Our visit to the UK wouldn't have been complete without stopping in pub. It was definitely tempting to order "just one" beer or glass of wine but I was well aware of the pitfalls there! I would likely have managed to have just one but I know I wouldn't have truly enjoyed it because when it comes down to it, I don't really want that. I want to be senseless! That simply wouldn't do. So I enjoyed my pub food, which was really and truly delicious, with a diet coke! Deciding and doing.

Deciding and doing another 24 today, too. Thanks for the quote Jude.
          Last edited by dill; October 7, 2019, 07:05 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

We're starting earlier in the morning and going later at night now, so don't have much time to get any extra posts in. If the forecast is right, I should have a couple of days to get caught up with y'all!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dill, I swear we are cut from the same cloth! Your comment about "senseless". Had my name written all over it. Glad you could "d and d" your way through the pub experience! Btw, good qoute, Jude!

All this talk of winter has me flapping my snowbird wings! It will be hard to leave this year though. Loving the new digs!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I love the wise, insightful quote for today that breaks it down into its simplicity. There are two parts: deciding and doing.
                  I decided I wouldn’t drink before our trip to Ireland, but the doing was difficult. My husband made sure I knew over & over again that I was cramping his style RE wanting to experience Ireland via the pub and bar scene. I felt like a misfit, and like I was ruining someone else’s vacation. So I went back to drinking. But no more! I have decided. He can travel with other people if that’s what he wants. It makes me really respect our members in the Army thread; to experience what they’re up against to live a sober lifestyle in Ireland and the UK.

@quitwining, at least you introduced the Parkinson’s group and Mrs. QW to the idea of boxing for improving balance & stability, so they can start warming up to the idea.
                  I bet your bread is lighter by using some white flour in the mix too. Hopefully Mrs. QW will also warm up to the idea of the bread making machine too; it’s a good idea to keep her being able to bake bread.

Homecoming photos were taken at the same house as the last two years in order to have shelter from the rain yet still good background scenery, but those parents were out of town, so no wine & all that!
                  The eight girls got ready at my house and then slept over here, and I stayed mostly in the background where they seemed to want me and played a supportive role, so all good!

Yeah, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I suspected the toddler weekend was harder than the workweek. I used to enjoy going to work to get a break! Hope you have a good vacation in warm, sunny AZ.

Thanks for taking the time out from harvesting to make us a hearty breakfast yesterday, Cowboy!

I am deciding for 24 more hours please.
                  Last edited by Slo; October 7, 2019, 05:16 PM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 224 today, 32 weeks and a ton of money not wasted.

Dill, I enjoyed a few pub meals when I was in Melbourne and it would have been easy to have a pint but I stuck mostly with water because I was fairly certain I wouldn’t have stopped at 1 pint.

I’m enjoying the bread maker and yesterday afternoon delivered a loaf fresh from the machine to our next door neighbours. They were thrilled. I haven’t yet convinced Mrs QW to use the machine to mix dough but she’s liking the bread!

Off to the Big Smoke this morning. It seems winter returns tomorrow, today though is to be sunny and warm. Yesterday I barbecued steaks for supper, likely the last time wearing shorts and a golf shirt, for a while anyway.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; October 7, 2019, 08:30 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning! Great quote today Jude. Love the double D’s !Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.
                      Last edited by Rava; October 7, 2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

“Addiction isn’t something you can understand unless you’ve been addicted.”
                        ― Toni Sorenson

I know of many "normal" drinkers who think that alcoholics are are just weak willed or lazy for not being able to quit. I always envied someone that could take it or leave it when it came to drinking. Most of them don't understand the struggles that we as alcoholics go through. They know nothing of the demons that we fight, often on a daily basis. It takes a strong person to recover from alcoholism, and I have nothing but admiration for those that have done so. "It takes one to know one." as they say.

Another 24 please and thank you!
                        Last edited by Jude58; October 8, 2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-2C (28F) this morning with a bit on snow on the ground...oh well, I'll get to spend a few days with Bubba and Hank!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Jude that quote is so true. When I was on my tour and we had dinner served with wine I couldn't believe how many people just had the wine and either didn't finish it or finished it but didn't order another! I was so envious of that. There were others in our group who I could tell were alcohol dependent, if not alcoholic. They invariably were in the bar before and after dinner...with the wine served at the meal, of course! I doubt if they even realized their dependency. They probably thought they were in control and choosing to drink.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Boy, that's the truth, Jude. How's the shoulder?

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X