~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Loved the change quotes, Jude! Slo, thinking of you today. Enjoy! ABC, enjoy your get away. Does Hank like visiting the kennel? Ginger freaks out and needs meds, thus we never do anything that requires us to leave her. :•/

Yesterday was so crazy on the jobsite. Had a couple of SNAFUs that will delay inspection. Oh well, we will get done eventually. I'm not sure how my son does this for a living! It's stressful juggling a small job like ours. I can't image juggling a 12 million dollar job. Makes me nauseated just thinking about it!

Hope everyone has a pleasant Saturday! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, how true - change is constant. We raised our boys to expect changes and gave them tools how to deal with change. So much depends on how you show up and on your attitude. I think it paid off in their personal and professional lives.

Slo, have a fabulous day! Enjoy every minute!!!

Safe travels to Mayerthorpe Cowboy. Hope Hank is doing well and enjoys his overnight stay.

Packing for Oz starts today. My family laughs at how anal I am about administrative details but twice so far in planning this trip, it’s paid off. First, the bank tried to give me United Arab currency, UAD, instead of Australian dollars, AUD. Because I ordered the cash early, they had lots of time to correct their mistake. Yesterday I went to pick up the tourist visas for Oz and they gave me 2 for my son who is coming with me. Mine was missing. Fortunately the mistake was quickly fixed but I couldn’t help but wonder what might have happened when I got to Melbourne had I not checked!
      I know I would not have showed up with the same attitude were I hung over!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; July 27, 2019, 08:53 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sunday quote...

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Loved the Harrison Ford quote, and was probably even my favorite one. Change invites second chances!

Well, you all were right: the wedding was fun!! It was pretty much just fine being sober for it, and I got right into the swing of things without alcohol!
          I relied on de-alcoholized wine and AF beer, and sparkling water. I brought the wine with me, and my one son-in-law went right to the store for me to get my favorite near beer & fizzy water. The venue was so accommodating to keep my special beverages for me, and really had my back to provide these whenever I went up to the bar. It was so nice to be cared for in this way.
          The weather was absolutely gorgeous! Everything was just beautiful. Such a pretty place, on a golf course and surrounded by pine trees. My meal was the most tender beef, with perfectly grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes. There was a fire pit with chairs around it, and where everyone could make s’mores in the campfire. An ice cream bar also for dessert. The toasts were very nice, funny & thoughtful. Lots of fun dancing to classic wedding songs. And the bride & groom had a surprise show of a big fireworks display!
          I now feel a real confidence that I can move forward being AF yet still able to fully participate in life, and it will all be ok!
          Last edited by Slo; July 28, 2019, 02:08 AM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION].....so glad that the wedding went well and that you were able to enjoy it AF!

Sitting on the back porch with my coffee and listening to the coyotes up in the hills. For whatever reason, they are really vocal this morning!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger, that was a perfect quote for me! Not that I'm getting old.... LOL But really, it is so important to set goals at any age. I love C.S.Lewis. I follow him on twitter. How is that possible you may wonder. Well, it's not actually him per se, but it is called CSLewisDaily and it has inspiring quotes by him. I never thought I would be a twitter user, but there are actually some high quality people that tweet. You just have to be careful to stay away from some of the vitriolic replies! Lots of hate out there I'm afraid.

Slo that description sounded like a scene from a movie! A happy ending! I love movies with happy endings! Congrats to you all the way around!:welldone:

Great o hear a porch report from you Jude. I love listening to the coyotes (when they are in the distance)! Yesterday I heard a bird off in the distance but I couldn't decide what kind of bird it was. It had a call that sounded like a cross between an owl call and a dove call. It drove me crazy that I didn't know what it was!

I still miss [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and hope she rejoins us soon.:love:

24 more for all of us please.
              Last edited by dill; July 28, 2019, 06:06 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I guess I’m too early for breakfast. Slo, the wedding sounded amazing!!! So glad you got to enjoy this special day with lots of great memories! GInger, building is so stressful! But it will all be worth it in the long run! Your son will probably be just as glad. LOL. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Cool, damp, and windy here in Mayerthorpe, sounds like it's pretty much the same in Vermilion...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I best get breakfast out for y'all!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

72F and sunny. Heating up today with building humidity.
                      In work today.
                      Only need 6 more miles for the 500 mile bike goal. Time for a new goal!
                      Thanks for being here everyone!
                      24 more please!

Comment

I like that quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! It's not always easy to set a new goal or dream a new dream when I'm already grateful for everything I have, so my goals and dreams tend to be more on the state of mind things rather than material things...

See [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], you can have fun without drinking! Sounds like it was a story-book wedding!

The birthday party was a lot of fun, catching up with the happenings with all my cousins and my aunt. And the food was fantastic! My cousin's wife is Filipino and we were treated to a bunch of homemade Asian dishes! Needless to say I ate way too much lol. We're headed back over to their house this morning to have breakfast with them, then stopping at my AA uncle's in Morinville to have coffee with him, a quick in and out at Costco if there is such a thing lol, then home again to unpack and pick up Hank. All in all a very enjoyable AF weekend!

Comment

I'm here [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] couldn't miss out on Cowboy's breakfast! 5:58 am in Vegas another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another CS Lewis fan checking in!

Loved the virtual breakfast, Cowboy! All my favorites together! Now if I could get real coffee at this bed & breakfast we’re staying at! I’m up too early since I’m not hungover.

Your Asian feast sounded amazing, Cowboy, and a fun weekend reconnecting with family. Nice that you had an AF partner there too.

It’s good that you’re being careful with planning an overseas trip, QW, and there’s your proof -twice!
                            This wedding was my detail-oriented, hyper-planning daughter’s, and that’s one major reason why everything flowed so smoothly. But she also then relaxes into the moment once her party is planned.
                            It’s like how [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] ‘s son has to straddle going with the flow while keeping an eagle eye on all the details in his business.

Asking for 24 hours AF!
                            Last edited by Slo; July 28, 2019, 09:26 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

PANCAKES! My favorite. Thanks, ABC. Glad you had a good trip.

Slo, so glad the wedding turned out wonderful and you were able to navigate through everything AF. Proud of you!

We have wild fires in the area. It's so smokey we can't see the mountains. My thoughts go out to the people on evac alerts and to all those fire fighters. They work so hard in this heat. Not sure how they do it!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                              Last edited by Ginger999; July 28, 2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, glad to hear that everything went so well yesterday. Congrats to everyone! Nice that the bar looked after your af drink choices. I’ll have to make similar arrangements in Oz at my son’s wedding. My sister will be there and she enjoys an af life as well.

Awesome brekkie Cowboy! Glad you had fun in Mayerthorpe. Hope Hank wasn’t too stressed by his stay at the vet’s.

Just listening to the news and a report of a traffic fatality where speed and alcohol were involved. Will people never learn?

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday, af of course.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X