~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the quote [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! Loved Garrison Keillor!

Like yourself [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] my parents are both gone, and I especially miss them at this time of year. :heartbeat:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-6C (22F) with thick fog, looks like I might have to run to Vegreville and pick up Bubba and Hank if it doesn't lift by this afternoon.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm at the coffee shop this Christmas Eve morning and the hospital staff are expressing their appreciation. Business is slow but I am keeping busy on my tablet. I was looking at the Scott Adams twitter page (Dilbert creator) and came across a very interesting quote and a link:

"Sobriety hasn’t turned me into a complete hermit.

When you’re not getting drunk, you notice things. Things you wouldn’t notice if you were drinking just like everyone else." - Ed Lattimore

Here's a link to his 10 observations after 2 years of not drinking. It's good reading and covers things to which we all relate. I am passing it on as a Christmas gift to share in the Cafe:

1 observations from 2 years of not drinking | Ed Latimore

Yay, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! I'm glad you will have Bubba and Hank to share Christmas with you and your kids!

Happy Christmas Eve to all, and 24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The link to Ed Latimer’s observations is worth checking out. Thanks for posting Dill.

The drive home was much better yesterday although lots of windshield washer fluid was needed thanks to wet roads. I was able to get some chores done in preparation for the trip back to the city and the big day tomorrow. Can’t wait to see the grandkids tomorrow morning!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dill, thank you for the link. It resonated with me. I wonder, would
            it be wrong to send this to my son? Latimore does remind us that we can't convince someone to quit. What are your thoughts on that?

Slo, good quote! ABC, so glad you'll be with Baba and Hank.

Merry Christmas eve everyone. So glad we are all here and in this quit together!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Merry Christmas Eve!

Thanks for the gift, Dill. That is good reinforcement as we head into some challenging days! All I did was eat a chocolate, and turns out it was filled with liqueur. It felt like I drank a shot! At least I did not like the feeling, and don’t want that in my body anymore.
              As far as sending the link to your son, Ginger -I guess I’m just not sure.

Sorry that your dad died right before Christmas, QW. That’s a tough memory to have bound up with the holidays.

Too bad you have to make the round trip to Vegreville, Cowboy; but at least you will get all together!

Maybe QW and Cowboy are long-lost cousins with the same Grandma Mabel! It’s a total grandma name, and the young people know of no one bearing that name, so back into circulation it goes! My young cousin recently named his baby “Ruth” after our grandma.

I’m upset that HB still won’t let us visit his aging aunts who really have wanted us to come visit them for a long, long time. Sick of being in the middle of this annually via Christmas cards. Maybe just one more year of shared Christmas cards, then when young daughter goes off to college, I’ll just send my own, and no longer have to send from both of us to his friends & relatives that he never wants to visit. It has been an awkward position to be in for decades!

Bah humbug! -but I’ll have to try to pull up my mood before tonight. 24 more hours please!
              Last edited by Slo; December 24, 2019, 01:09 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another day please, 12:45 am in Calgary-8C.

Yeah SLO, family drama is a pain. My brother won’t come visit my mom who is 85th was in December. I can’t even explain why except that he is being a jerk. He makes a ton of money and lives in Vancouver with his wife and daughter but not come to Calgary. Whatever.

Anyway, going for Chinese food tonight and making turkey tomorrow. Fun!
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Wednesday quote:

“It’s up to us to break generational curses. When they say “it runs in the family”, you tell them “this is where it runs out”.”
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good Morning and Merry Christmas! Good quote for this day Slo. We all have family issues and this is a good reminder to mend them while we can. Hope everyone has a wonderful AF holiday. Thanks for the article Dill. I downloaded his book to read tomorrow on the way to Florida. Its a good reminder and reinforcement especially for this time of year! Ginger, if it was me I would not send it. Your son already knows exactly how you feel and he will probably take it the wrong way. Thats just my 2 cents. One more family get together today then tomorrow we start the long ride south. Not looking to that part but I am looking to warmer weather. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I agree with the others [MENTION=3270]ginger[/MENTION] 999.......I don't think that I would send the article to your son either.
                      I used to get very defensive when anyone even hinted that I was drinking too much, and I suspect that your son would feel the same.

Grateful for all of the positive things in my life, and wishing everyone at the cafe a wonderful Christmas!

Another 24 peaceful hours please and thank you!

Comment

Great quote for today, Slo! Thanks. I've said that myself many times, that it runs in the family. It may be true but it doesn't mean we have to let it run in us!

Ginger, I can relate to wanting to share that link with your son. Maybe save the link while you ponder what to do. In a few days you can see about it. I wonder if he even knows who Ed Latimore is. I sure didn't because I don't follow boxing.

Merry Christmas, friends! 24 more please and thank you. Best gift of all!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-7C (19F) this morning, with some snow to shovel. I don't mind though because the girls from Vancouver were absolutely thrilled to se it snow Christmas Eve!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Merry Christmas y'all!

Thanks for some great reading [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! And I'm going to say send it to your son [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! He may not realize it now, but someday he will realize that a mother's love never ends!

Great quote [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! And yes, the buck stops here, and now!

It was a great Christmas Eve! Having all the kids and both son and daughter in law here to spend it with Bubba, Hank, and I made it even more special!

Yes, sobriety is the greatest gift we can give ourselves, so remember, never, ever quit on your quit!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; December 25, 2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Merry Christmas Cafe friends. I’m at my son & DIL’s waiting for the chaos to begin. It was hard for the grandkids to settle down last night. Big surprise, eh? There’s nothing like seeing the magic through the eyes of a child!

Cowboy, not only is sobriety the greatest gift we can give ourselves, it’s the best gift we can give to those close to us.

Hope everyone enjoys the day af!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; December 25, 2019, 08:55 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Just a little something to go along with your morning coffee!

Comment

Working...
                                X