~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great quote and so very true! Dill, sorry to hear this about your friend. Thoughts and prayers going out to all of you.

Happy late bday, Slo. Hoping to hear there's a healthy new grandbaby in your life today.

I agree with all of you about daughter in laws. I have two that are the most amazing women I know. So thankful!

Had a great 3 mile hike. Found water in the desert. Always a good day!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

You have to be at your strongest when you’re feeling at your weakest.
      Love that quote Dill. Really sorry about your friend.

Cowboy have fun shovelling, its only going to get worse, brrrrr.

Its a balmy -8C right now and snowing at 11:57am in Calgary.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Rava and Ginger...beautiful pics, but I must admit that I'm more than a little jealous! It's cold here, and yesterday was blustery with lots of wind and snow!

Thanks for another great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

I've been back to work for a week now, but still struggling to get back into some kind of routine.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

- Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations.
          – Zig Ziglar

I'm with [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] on being jealous, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Thanks for sharing. That beach looked so inviting! I could almost feel the water and sand on my feet as I walked the shore. I can imagine finding water in the desert would feel really, really special. Beautiful.
          [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], hoping all is going well with your daughter.

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I hope the medical tests are all clear. I hear you on getting older. It seems to hit home more and more often to me now. But you are so right that being sober helps a great deal. Just the other day I was asking after the health of an old acquaintance and why he couldn't live at home any more (he's in assisted living) and I was told that part of the problem was that the wife was not in good health either and couldn't care for him. She had health issues but the biggest issue it turns out is her drinking. She is in her 70's but still drinks heavily every day and has all the associated problems: falling, forgetfulness, poor judgement, secretive, won't allow care workers in the home, etc. I thought, there but for the grace of God go I.

Our dear friend died yesterday morning. It's been a very sad and emotional time for us. The funeral is being put off for a couple of weeks because his wife has to undergo radiation for a recently discovered cancer which is in critical need for immediate attention. I can't imagine what she is going thru.

Sorry if I am sharing too much info of a sad nature, but I guess it's where I'm at today.

So, I ask once again for another 24 hours, please.
          Last edited by dill; January 9, 2020, 06:31 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe, Sorry about your friend’s passing Dill. We share all here good and bad that’s what’s so great about being in this group. Beautiful pic Ginger. I can almost hear the water rushing over those rocks. Thanks for the tip Cowboy. I thought it would automatically update just like every picture . I will try your method next time. Slo, any baby? Jude I totally get it about finding your routine with returning to work. I actually start a volunteer job 2 days a week so I will need to find a new routine. Looking forward to getting a schedule back. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I’m off to thrift shop with a friend. Always looking for a bargain. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-23C (-10F) this morning, going to need to dress warmly to shovel this morning!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend's passing [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], we all know he's in a better place now...

Fingers crossed on the test results [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

You feeling any better [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? Beautiful pic!

Good on you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] for finding a volunteer position! I'm sure it will help get you into "retirement mode"

Maybe finding it tough to get into a work routine is okay [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], maybe it'll help with your upcoming retirement!

Let us know how things are going [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], we're all eagerly awaiting the news...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

There’s a baby! A little boy was born yesterday afternoon! -Beckett John. He’s tiny & delicate since they got him out 3 weeks early, and he looks like daughter! Daughter is pretty ok, but still being treated for preeclampsia.

I’m home now, so don’t have to try to type on my phone.

I’m sorry for the loss of your dear friend & family member, Dill. That leaves a hole in your lives. It sounds like alcohol might have played a part in shortening his life.
                  Thank you for sharing the story of the alcoholic wife, and the negative impact that has had on the spouse, who now needs to go to assisted living due to lack of support at home. There’s another angle on why we need to embrace sobriety, especially as we age.

Thank you for the birthday cake, Cowboy!

Loved the scenic pictures while we’re cold & gray. Wow, are you cold there, Cowboy! We dropped to quite cold yesterday, but popped back up now.

I can see why going back to work is quite an adjustment in the beginning here for you, Jude. Eventually you’ll hit your stride again.

Requesting 24 more hours for this AF granny!
                  Last edited by Slo; January 9, 2020, 08:40 AM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Congratulations Slo! 5:49 am in Vegas another 24 Dill so sorry for your loss
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dill, so sorry for the loss of your friend. Your story about your other friend and his wife's drinking really does hit close to home. One of the many catalyst for my stopping was my Mom's late night calls for help. I was so afraid she'd need me and I wouldn't be safe to drive! Ugh, I hate AL!

Rava, have fun thrift shopping! I love that too.

Slo, congratulations! I love the little guy's name.

Feeling almost back to normal. Hiking 3 miles no. Goal is 5 or 6. I'm happy if I can get that far! Lol

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                      Last edited by Ginger999; January 9, 2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, congrats to all on the safe arrival of your grandson!!

The test results I was waiting for show a need for treatment but we’re going to try a couple of options first. Surgery hopefully won’t be necessary but it’ll be put off as long as possible. And it’s age related.

Off to another medical appointment this morning.

It’s freezing out there, -29 windchill. I think Fyuck describes it perfectly. 30 days until Mexico.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; January 9, 2020, 10:06 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, -15C in Calgary, Fyuck!

Congrats SLO, I love the name too.

Hey QW, 21 days to Mexico for me. Oh yeah baby!
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

“Some changes look negative on the surface
                            but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.”

― Eckhart Tolle

Remember early on when not drinking seemed like the end of the world? I remember being absolutely petrified. That fear was partly responsible for many non starts, and then many more starts and stops. I also think it was the reason for my reading several biographies of addiction survivors. Knowing there was another life after quitting gave me reassurance. Eckhart had it completely right!

The weather here continues as fair and in fact we are going to be well above normal a couple of days this week. The weather man assures us that this too will pass. We are in for real winter weather in a week's time. I'll enjoy this while it lasts!

Congrats [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! What a great name! Now, what will be your title? Gramma, Nana, Gran, Granny, Gammy, Grandma,....? We'll see. Perhaps Beckett will have the ultimate say.

QW, sorry the tests revealed an age-related problem. I have a couple of those myself! Aging is definitely not for the faint of heart.

24 more please.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Slo congrats on Baby Beckett. I LOVE that name. So glad he is here and healthy. Another reason for you to remain AF! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Double brrrr this morning! -33C (-28F) with a slight wind blowing. Hank didn't waste anytime outside doing his morning business lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X