~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Lots of good comments here! I like being in the two headed club as well. Weight loss is a good side effect of stopping drinking. Although I have gained it back since its been a while. Damn mid life belly bulge. Hope everyone has a great day. How’s that house coming along Ginger? Jude, I hope your feeling better. Another 24 for me please and thanks. I just had to edit this. I said Mid life. Damn that ship has sailed. I meant senior belly budge!!!osteroops:
    Last edited by Rava; September 25, 2019, 05:14 AM.

Comment

“At one point in your life you either have the thing you want or the reasons why you don't.” - Andy Roddick

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

7C (46F) clear skies, but wet streets! Got enough of a shower yesterday afternoon to prevent us from combining, but I did get to come home and spend the night with Bubba and Hank!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not sure what time you're flying out today [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but have a safe trip and hope to hear from you once you're on the other side of the pond!

Two headed club you say, had to laugh at that one [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] lol. I did get those looks when I first quit but not so much anymore. I remember in days of old when someone refused a drink I thought they were either sick or religious, it never dawned on me that they might be an alcoholic. How things have changed! Now when someone else declines a drink, I wonder if they are an alcoholic. But I never question them (then or now) on why they don't drink, a personal choice is just that; personal. But with booze being so widely accepted and promoted we are definitely a different breed of people. Sometimes I wonder if people think that I think I'm better than them if I don't have to drink to have fun, I get the look that says "what, you're too good for us that you can't have a drink just to be social!"
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning! Safe travels, Dill. Hope you have great time.

Today is final inspection for the house. Just a little trim left to go and should be done this am. Houses rarely pass first go round but that's ok. Just that much closer!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

[QUOTE=abcowboy;1770484][COLOR="#000000"][CENTER]“At one point in your life you either have the thing you want or the reasons why you don't.” - Andy Roddick

Interesting quote today. While we often had the reasons why we didn't have what we wanted, we refused to see those reasons. Sometimes it takes the coming out of the fog of alcohol to realize it really was the AL holding us back in so many ways. And now, with two heads I can see in all directions, lol!
            24 more please, Onward

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

We cannot grow unless we are willing to change, and staying stuck in alcoholism to me just keeps one from growing, and becomes the primary reason for why we can’t grow & change.

Today is the big day, Dill?! No wonder you were packing yesterday! Happy travels to you on your big adventure.
                And a big day for Ginger too as the house is done!! So exciting.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you! Still in some pain,but things could be so much worse!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                    But with booze being so widely accepted and promoted we are definitely a different breed of people. Sometimes I wonder if people think that I think I'm better than them if I don't have to drink to have fun, I get the look that says "what, you're too good for us that you can't have a drink just to be social!"
                    With booze being so very widely accepted & promoted now, I guess we have to be aware that we are going against the grain of current societal norms, which makes us a different breed of people. The wide acceptance and endless promotion sure has picked up steam in my lifetime! And that is the hardest criticism to bear, Cowboy.
                    But, like you say, as drinkers we were sometimes silently critical of the non drinkers too, and not always understanding of where they were coming from.

Interesting about the pre-packaged “hangover kit” for the wedding, Paulywogg! Wow.

Thank you for sharing about the deeply entrenched alcohol dependence in a branch of your family, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and their own blind spots towards it.

Jude, the IV pain meds and their effects are gone now, but the pain isn’t. Thinking of you as you weather this first week post-op.

Asking for 24 more!
                    Last edited by Slo; September 25, 2019, 09:24 AM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, nice you had a day with Bubba and Hank. We had a thunderstorm roll through late afternoon, not sure if farmers will be able to harvest today or not. Currently cloudy but no rain in the forecast. Just like yesterday!

Dill, safe travels, have a great trip!

Had a telemarketing call yesterday from a well known North American furniture retailer to promote an upcoming sale. The incentive to get previous customers to shop? A gift of a wine decanter and glasses. Um, no thanks, not interested.

Sad day today, putting the patio furniture away until spring. It was a wet summer so we didn’t sit out much. Hopefully next year will be better.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks to one and all for the well wishes. We leave tomorrow morning. I packed a couple days ago so I could give myself time to pack the things I forgot the first time around! I'll have a chance to check in tomorrow morning, but after that I will be checking in when I can.

I'm glad to know you people really have two heads and I'm not seeing double!!

Thinking of you Jude.:hug:

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Safe travels Dill. Hope you have a wonderful time. Jude, hang in there. Hoping you get thru this time ahead with less and less pain each day. Ginger, fingers crossed for passing this final inspection! So exciting! Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

"Remind yourself that you don't have to do what everyone else is doing." - Unknown

I figured that was a good quote to follow up our 2 headed discussion...

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Cool and wet out there...more rain coming today with below freezing temps in the morning for the next few days...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Safe travels [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Waves to all!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X