Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Time heals almost everything. Give it time

As we’ve climbed out from under the fog of alcohol, with time our bodies and minds have healed.

Undoubtedly with time, damaged relationships have healed, even if it’s taken a lot of time. Sobriety is a gift. And it takes time.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and thanks QW for the nice quote. Happy Monday everyone. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

1C (34F) this morning, streets are wet with a light dusting of snow on the grass...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

57 ° here in upstate NY with no snow in the forecast.....yet.

Loved the quote QW! I can really relate to it in so many ways lately!

Ginger...so glad that you are finally moved in! It's been a long journey for you!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:32 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

September 30th and I am already sick of winter! We have a doctors appointment this morning but fortunately it’s close to home. We cancelled plans to meet our son the chef in Calgary for lunch today because of poor road conditions and authorities saying non-essential travel should be curtailed.

Hope everyone has a great af Monday. I’m off to shovel yet again.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Was it cold out at a nephew’s evening football game on Saturday! I was barely dressed warmly enough for the afternoon soccer games. Feel like I’ll never warm up...but I will, since it’s going into the 80s F today!

Moving so often must have helped you to keep your possessions pared down & organized, QW. I am dealing with all of that accumulation now. Why did I ever think it was necessary to save all these greeting cards and letters?!

How is that waking up in your new home today, Ginger?!

It definitely takes time to heal from alcoholism -and surgery too!

People-pleasing and approval-seeking played a large role in getting me into this mess with addiction to booze. And I’m having to develop the ability to not care so much what they think in order to go my own way in living alcohol-free in this booze-soaked society.

24 more for me please!
                Last edited by Slo; September 30, 2019, 08:05 AM.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Nice quote today, QW.

Fist night in the new house went fine. Ginger is struggling a little but she'll be fine in a few days. Snowed on the ridges around us yesterday but not a drop of rain during the move. Our two oldest boys were at the storage unit at 7a and were unloaded and gone by 830. Those two don't mess around! We took two huge loads to Goodwill. I thought I'd purged enough when everything went into storage. Lol, nope! Now on to finish up today!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.

Looking back at my drinking days, I don’t remember being happy about much of anything, unless it was the fact I had enough wine in the house for a couple of days. Funny how my perspective changed after the fog lifted.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and Happy Tuesday Cafe. Weird to hear about snow in many of your locations. My brain is still in summer mode. Ginger, I bet that view is stunning!! Coffee and Mountain View sounds perfect! Hope everyone has a great AF day! Another 24 for me please.

Comment

70F at 7am, into the mid 90's here today. Been in the 90's for weeks now, odd for this time of year. Not rushing the snow, though.
                        Need to read back
                        24 more please

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Another 0C (32F) morning here...yesterday's snow is melted and gone but 30% chance of more today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Where the heck did September go?? Yesterday was my first day of wearing insulated coveralls at work! It was darn cold working outside!

Bubba and Hank are coming home from Vegreville today! And it looks like they'll be spending lots more time over there as she's planning on moving into the house at least for the winter, possibly longer if she gets a job there. She's going to leave her position here at the Health Unit and put her name in for a casual position at the Health Unit in Vegreville, so it looks like we'll be down to just one source of income for a while with 2 houses to look after.

Your quote today [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] is something I needed reminding about, my happiness depends on me and the way I view the circumstances that are going on around me. I'm learning that I can be happy in just about any situation as long as I take it one day at a time...

Comment

Thanks for the great quote QW!

Cowboy...Sorry that you and Bubba are going through some tough times right now. When our lives are "normal" we tend to take things for granted.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

It’s not raining this morning after all, so I get the blessing of one more warm-weather bike ride before rain & cool temps return this afternoon.

Something sounds unfair about that situation, Cowboy.

And I’m with you on the AA dinner that you attended over the weekend: I couldn’t listen to people sharing their “stories” endlessly at regular AA meetings all the time, but ok for the celebration dinner -and how refreshing to go to a social function where nobody is drinking! Plus, a great way to mark your uncle’s amazing success.

Enjoying low-key, routine days this week. Getting to bed early-ish and getting good sleep helps me immensely. Got out into the country yesterday to buy fresh, local apples.

Asking for 24 more hours please!
                                Last edited by Slo; October 1, 2019, 08:03 AM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X