No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

A beautiful harvest morning, 5C (42F) with a slight breeze blowing.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quotes this week [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Thank you for filling in for [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and for joining in the QD schedule!

Ahhh, the butterfly and the caterpillar. I don't think I look back on my past with shame, mostly regret. But the quote does remind me of change, and changed I have! Bubba commented just the other day about how I've lost a bit of my perfectionist attitude, that I don't always expect others to work and live up to my standards like I used to. I told her that it wasn't sobriety that changed it, it was the fact that I'm getting older and can't be bothered worrying about what is acceptable to other people... I have a new standard of living, each to his own. Worry about yourself first, get yourself to where you want to be...
      Last edited by abcowboy; October 5, 2019, 06:58 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the quotes, QW. Family coming in from out of town. This was a huge catalyst for me to drink in the past. Glad that's in the rear view mirror! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:07 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thank you for the comforting quote about transformation, QW.

The topics for the Parkinson’s meetings sound like they will be very informative and worthwhile.And you are getting some support too. I heard on a radio show about how good boxing is for helping people with Parkinson’s disease to maintain their balancing ability.

Nice that Bubba noticed your positive growth & changing attitudes, Cowboy.

Homecoming dance tonight. I had a Homecoming Massacre a couple years ago. Decided to relax with a drink before the parent get-together to take photos, but ended up over-drinking, then drank there at the gathering...and on it went until I blacked out and was unable to pick the girls up from the dance. That was a scary low point for me.

So no more of that! I need 24 hours AF today!
            Last edited by Slo; October 5, 2019, 08:53 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I don’t think in my case it’s old age (although it could be!) that’s making me not sweat the small stuff. Being a care partner has changed my perspective on a lot of things. One of my sons commented a while ago “What happened to my Dad” when I responded to a situation that previously would have elicited a much different response. I think he was pleasantly surprised.
              In my case, I try not to react to things the way my Dad did. He was grumpy/cranky and generally avoided people when he could. My kids were almost afraid of my Dad and I don’t want that relationship with my grandkids. Grandkids are a gift to us and we should be a gift to them as well.

Cool but dry and sunny here this morning. Looking forward to a walk with Jessie in a bit.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Slo, thanks for mentioning boxing as a help for people with Parkinson’s. We actually had a presentation from a lady who runs a boxing program and she offered to run classes for our group. Sadly, only 1 person signed up. I thought it would be a good thing for Mrs QW and I to do but she wasn’t interested. Boxing is offered by some of the groups in Calgary, maybe one day she’ll think it’s a good idea to try it, but better if it’s her idea.

At one time I would have tried to persuade her to try it, now I just go with the flow.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

What a whirlwind of a tour we had in Britain! I have never been on a formal tour before and didn't really know what to expect. It was great! We went places we would never have done on our own and the left the driving to the driver. I couldn't have driven the places that we went. There were a couple of times when drinking was a part of the experience such as when we had a welcoming dinner and wine was part of the menu. I had no trouble saying no thank you and no one took notice really. I was kind of sad that I couldn't have a glass but I didn't fool myself into thinking I could have just one. I knew better! So, I'm pleased to say I had a wonderful trip and I can look back on it with fond and clear memories! There was so much to do and see that I really had no time for posting, so please forgive my total absence.

I haven't had time yet to read back but will do so later today. In the meantime I'll have another 24 please and thank you!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

4C (40F) this morning with a clear, star filled sky!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; October 6, 2019, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I might have busy mornings during harvest, but there's always time for breakfast!

Comment

Great to see you home safe and sound [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! And good job on an AF vacation!

If I get a chance today I'll post some pics. Corny got the 3rd combine stuck!

Comment

“Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.”
                          – Dan Coppersmith

The last 3 words of this quote really hit home for me. It only takes a few seconds to decide whether or not to take that first drink, but a poor choice can lead to years of misery.

Glad that you had a great trip abroad [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and congrats on saying no to the booze!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Greetings from Arizona. I totally forgot to post yesterday with all the travel, etc. We couldn’t check in early yesterday so we spent the entire day at the pool. Not a bad plan. In answer to your question Slo, a weekend with toddlers is much harder than a full week at work. Hope homecoming went well this year! Dill, glad you had such a great vacation and will remember it all! Congrats on quitting smoking Jude. Thats huge. I quit many years ago and still love the smell. Just like with booze, I’m one cigarette away from starting all over. No thanks! Thanks for breakfast ABC. With the time change here its only 5:30 am so I got to see it this time around. Usually I see it on Monday morning when I post. Wishing everyone a great Sunday. Hi Ginger, QW,Pauly. Mr. V. and everyone else!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast, ABC. Yummy as usual. :~) I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:17 am in Vegas another 24 Dill glad the vacation was nice
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X