~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I got to gaze at the big beautiful full moon on the whole drive home from my 2 y/o nephew’s birthday party! Glad that’s over for the month though, since I react too much to it and get so tired & irritable leading up to it. Except it’s not over because I think we have two full moons this month. Oh joy.

That could be a good strategy, Rava; to be sure to send the leftover alcohol out the door with the guests.

I took my two nephews & my niece (11-13 years old) to a water park overnight this weekend with my teenaged daughter, and then we landed at the birthday party afterwards. My knee is so hot & swollen now. I hate being a hobbled person. I used to love water parks. But oh well; I’m old now. It was nice to get a chance to get the kids together for some fun, and I hope it helped to give my widowed brother some time to himself, except that it was only a day which isn’t that much.

It was quite an alcohol-focused place, which you wouldn’t entirely expect since it’s chock full of young families with tons of kids and babies. The adults get the 46-ounce plastic jumbo margarita glass right away in the morning and walk around with it all day. That and lots of beer cans & aluminum bottles. I’m glad I wasn’t there with adults as that would be hard on me.

I drank too much iced tea at the birthday party, and then couldn’t sleep last night. Was casting about for something to relax & brighten me. Forgot to pack drinks for myself.
    I like how the drug that I no longer drink makes people relaxed, funny, uninhibited, and chatty. Like the effect it had yesterday on my one brother and my one sister who have also both crossed the line. But, I no longer want their big bellies and ruddy cheeks. And I no longer want to risk drinking & driving.

Our temperature went way up yesterday to a beautiful spring-like day and melted much of the snow. Even though there were people on the ski slopes yesterday when I passed it. Today is raining. 24 more for me please.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 please, 9:37 in yyc, -10C right now.

The full moon was beautiful last night.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

The chains of alcohol are too light to be felt until they are too strong to be broken

Alcohol seduces us, encourages us to have fun, be part of the in crowd and make us believe if we drink, our lives will be better. Yet once we decide to get off the merry-go-round, the beast shows us just how badly we think we need him.

But here we are, folks from all walks of life who have decided the beast won’t control our lives anymore. We can break the chains!

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; March 9, 2020, 10:41 PM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Great quote QW. Hope you are doing ok. Hope everyone has a great AF day. Seems like there is no news anymore but corona virus. Tired of the hype and panic that the media is causing around here. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-10C (14F) this morning with a clear sky...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Slo, I sure do wish your knee would settle down! It must be aggravating to feel "hobbled". Does it cause you to limp badly? I have degenerative disc disease in my cervical and lombar spine. The neck has settled down fortunately but the lombar is not great. I have pain and tingling in my left leg and take gabapentin. I am not happy when my doctor mentions the possibility that I'll need a surgery!

Jude, how are you doing since your fall? It didn't affect your shoulder, did it? Have you ridden since then?

How are you doing after your second procedure QW?

Well Update: bad news! The second water quality test failed yet again for chloroforms! Now we have to have the contractor come back and do a mega sanitizing. I don't yet know what the cost will be. Luckily the water is safe enough for all uses except drinking (altho we have been drinking it both filtered and unfiltered and have been just fine). Our under sink RO filter takes out chloroforms. But, I sure hope the next treatment done by the contractor takes care of the problem! Somebody suggested to us that part of the problem was due to the depth of the well. Our first test came back >160ppm and the second one was >100ppm. (I don't mean to bore you all with details, but I get the feeling [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] is interested in the technical info. )

I hear that due to coronavirus there are lots of good air travel deals currently....

24 more for all of us here!
                Last edited by dill; March 10, 2020, 06:47 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava I've heard nothing but the coronaviris around here, latest is Italy on lockdown, who knows what is going on, I think it's just like the flu but people want something to get excited about I think, QW, hope you're healing well, Slo, full moon effects me too, Dill, sorry about your well, Kell has that degenerative disc disease in her back too, glad she got off the pain meds they had her on tho, not much they can do for that, none of the procedure stuff they've done helped so now she just deals with it, 6:10 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dill, ugh! That sucks about the well. I guess as long as you don't try to sell your place and you are not bothered by the water, all is ok? Hope the mega sanitization works. Are there industrial animal farms around you? Curious

I too have osteoarthritis in my neck and back. I use a fair amount of ibuprofen but that's all. I'm wondering about gabapentin??? Dill, would you recommend?

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The second procedure on my neck went well yesterday although I was a half bubble off level the rest of the day. A lot of what I’ve been dealing with is osteoarthritis, disc degeneration plus some residual damage from a car accident years ago. I wish I had looked into treatment years ago. And I wish someone would write a manual covering the things we should expect as we age!

Next we’re going to try cortisone shots on my hips and knees. By the time all these treatments are done, I should be good as new.

I might try taking Jessie for a walk later if it warms up.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Here it is day 3. I was looking through my pictures and I saw one that I took Saturday night and I was like I did not know then that I was going to quit. I knew it was going to be soon but I did not fully realize it at the time and now my AL mine is trying to convince me to get drunk one last time. Nope not going to do it.
                        So expect to see me a lot this weekend esp. Saturday night because that would be my normal get drunk night.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

What a liberation to realize that the “voice in my head” is not who I am. Eckhart Tolle

How much influence did al exert on us via the voice we hear in our minds? In my case, a lot I think. Once I came out of the fog, I found a whole new me.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Hi Drifty!

Great to see you here!! Welcome to the Cafe!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Welcome Drifty!

QW, that quote was spot on! That "voice" plagues so many of us, and is often difficult to ignore. When I finally realized that it's just a thought, it became much easier to stay away from the booze.

Sorry about your well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I hope that you can get the problem resolved soon. I'm still pretty black and blue, and my ribs are still painfull, but I have ridden since the fall. Life goes on I guess!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Hi Drifty! So glad you are here. Dill, sorry about your well. Hopefully the mega sanitization by the contractor will fix it. QW glad all went well with your 2nd surgery. Hope everyone has a great wednesday. I’m headed to the beach with a new friend I made since becoming a snow bird. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X