No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:15am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-19C (-2F) this morning. About 6" more snow to shovel this morning, and it's still snowing!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Running late with breakfast! Changed all the clocks in the house last night except for the alarm clock in the bedroom. It's supposed to reset itself at power outages and time change, but of course it didn't last night lol.

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Those look yummy, ABC. Thank you!

Great quote, QW. I too went out of my way to find people worse than me so I'd feel better about my AL consumption. Like Jude said, I was usually the worst. ☹ One day at a time!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I never compared myself to others, I knew I drank alot and more than other people but I just really didn't care and thought I was just having fun, I really wish I'd have woken up sooner instead of being so damn cocky Cowboy that's too much snow and I dont blame you for being tired of it! I can't stand the time change I don't understand why we do it and tomorrow is gonna be hard, 6:52 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cold as a polar bear’s ear this morning but warmer weather is in the forecast for later today and tomorrow.

Tomorrow I’m having the second and hopefully last procedure on my neck. I’ll be glad to have that done.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the great quote, QW and the thoughts about perception vs reality. And thank you Cowboy for a wonderful breakfast. Oh, and for the picture, too. I am so sorry you are having so much snow!!!

We have had such a mild winter and in fact today and yesterday are gorgeous, warm and full of sun! Wish I could ship it to my friends to the north.

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The butterfly does not look back at the caterpillar in shame, just as you should not look back at your past in shame. Your past was part of your transformation. Anthony Gucciardi

It’s easy to look back and sometimes that can become self-defeating. Looking forward I find is much healthier. I remember the past, I just don’t want to re-live it!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; March 8, 2020, 10:37 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for yesterday's quote QW! It helps to turn our shame about past behaviors into something positive, and see it as a time of growth instead.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

The full moon last night (and this morning) was absolutely beautiful. I hope it was visible to all of you. Here it was only visible part of the time because the sky was mostly cloudy. But the clouds added such a dramatic effect.

It does no good to look back in shame but it is hard not to sometimes. In a way that can also help because it reminds me of the reality of what drinking is for me. So looking back in itself is good, but dwelling on the shame is definitely not helpful.

Have a great af day everyone! 24 more please.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Overslept by 1 hour but oh yeah I’m retired! It doesn't count anymore. Jude you hit the nail on the head about being strong in a quit one minute and a drink in hand the next minute. It’s such a fine line!! It seems easier for me to NOT have any alcohol in the house ever. I used to be able to have it around and not touch it but the last 2 slips were because it was easily within reach. How does a brain get so F—ed up? No drinking for me today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-17C (1F) this morning, but no snow to shovel! :thumbsup:

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I don't often look back on my past with shame, mostly regret, but my past is a part of me just like sobriety is a part of me now...

It was definitely a beautiful full moon last night [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I got to see it as I drove home from Vegreville. I went over for the day but decided against spending the night because of work today. But if my week works out the way I have planned, I'll head back over Thursday afternoon for 3 nights there!

Comment

5:36 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

In spite of -15C temps, Jessie and I plan to walk this morning before I head into the city for another procedure on my neck. I’ll be so happy to have this finished.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

QW, may I ask what procedures they are doing on your neck and do you think it's working? Great quote, btw. Safe travels today.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X