• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:52 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I think we all contribute to the Cafe in our own way. There’s no pressure to say something profound every day. But being among friends, folks who have experienced the hell of alcoholism, means a lot to me. Every morning I look forward to checking in, seeing what everyone has to say, the quotes and Sunday morning breakfast! People will come and go in the Cafe, those who stop posting we hope are well and keeping the beast at bay. Newcomers could not find a more supportive group than what we offer in the Cafe.

Our Parkinson meeting went very well yesterday, good speaker (topic was yoga and physical fitness) and we had 3 new members. Our next speaker is a pharmacist, looking forward to hearing his presentation.

We’re in the calm before the storm - currently sunny and mild before the temperature plummets and we get a dump of snow. Ahh, spring in Alberta!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I finally got this baby to sleep! They sure are a full-time job unless sleeping. I’m so thankful that I can be here so daughter can sleep in, since she had the “night shift” with him.

Harking back to Kenny Loggins, my memories of him include my grandma dancing around the house with her broom, rocking out to “Your Momma Don’t Dance and Your Daddy Don’t Rock n Roll”, by Loggins & Messina!
        And playing his lullaby CD for baby daughter. I’ll have to dig that out for Beckett!

Son-in-law is out of town on a business trip to Dallas. He will be visiting D3 & her HB in Dallas this evening, and they are going to play Top Golf!

Yes, QW, you surely don’t want a chiropractor to crack your neck right after neck surgery!

I love hearing everyone’s stories about daily life. And I would feel so alone in this alcohol-soaked culture without you all. Thank you for staying and being here. 24 more AF hours for me please!
        Last edited by Slo; March 6, 2020, 10:08 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 please. Sunny and +8 in yyc at 1:36. We are off to Lake Louise for the weekend, I am not going to drink of course. It is so nice to stay in a nice place and wake up Un Hung.

have a good weekend everyone.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Glad to be here among friends, and able to share another 24 hours booze free!

Comment

Time does fly way too fast. My piloting skills took a detour last night and I fell off the wagon. The fact that I’m not hung over is about the only positive thing I can say. I had 2 drinks. I know that I can’t return to that lifestyle so here I am right back again. I don’t ever want to go back to my old life. I know better. So today I’m humbly asking for another 24 please.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-13C (7F) with lots of snow to shovel, and the heavy snowfall warning is still in effect for all day!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well poop, Rava. Glad you came right back and know that's where you want to be!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Rava I actually thought you were working on a real pilots license when you posted that haha what happened? Glad you were able to stop at 2 drinks, there's no way I could, Slo so nice you can help out with the baby, I remember being so tired with the newborns I dunno how single moms with no help at all cope but I guess they find a way, 5:49 am in Vegas another 24 for us all and have a wonderful AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cold here too this morning, -11C with lots of snow in the forecast. I was just wondering what could possibly make it worse and then remembered we lose an hours sleep tonight! Sure glad I don’t drink!!!

Rava, sorry you had a slip but good that you only had two and that you’re back to the Cafe with your friends.

The talk of sleeping babies reminded me of one time many years ago when our kids were small, I awoke and said to Mrs QW it was nice of the kids to let her sleep through the night. Apparently she was up 3 times! I recall offering to be on call the next few nights.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, well done at stopping. That's not something I can do anymore. It's a risky business for all of us, taking that first drink. Glad you came straight back here and are going to stick with us.

I had a good chuckle over your story about Mrs. QW's good night's sleep! I am pretty sure we had a similar version of that story here a time or two!

Slo, I didn't know Kenny Loggins had a lullaby CD. I remember the Loggins and Messina song about The House at Pooh Corner. I really liked that one. I'm going to be looking for the lullaby CD. It''s great you can help your daughter get some much needed sleep!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Well, I'm officially sick of winter and snow! I've been out 3 times already shoveling to trying to keep up with it, and it's still coming down! Enough for today, I'll shovel again tomorrow morning. Hopefully the weather improves enough for me to get to Vegreville for at least one night with Bubba and Hank!

Stopping at 2 showed great restraint [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], just need to work on not having any...

Hey @narrily and [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], you guys watching any of the curling? I imagine you're too busy on the slopes to be sitting in front of a tv nar!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I would rather go through life sober believing I’m an alcoholic than go through life drunk, trying to convince myself that I’m not.

I remember comparing myself to other drinkers and thinking that I wasn’t as bad as they were! Anyone else do that? I knew a guy years ago who drank to excess daily. I thought he was an alcoholic because he had to drink every day. Then it dawned on me that I couldn’t remember the last time I’d gone without al for a whole day. Funny though at the time I didn’t think I had a problem!

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; March 7, 2020, 11:25 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the quote QW. I would also compare myself to others trying to down play the fact that I drank more than everyone. I have realized that people can drink every day and not be an alcoholic. Its how you drink that makes a difference. I never sat and had a single glass of anything. I would drink with a vengeance with the sole purpose of getting hammered. I hate that about me. I also know that I can’t ever be a social drinker. I have no filter or limit . The only reason I had two the night before last is because we had company and thats all that was left in the bottle. I did not drink with the guests but drank it alone. I should have just dumped all the excess out when they left. Lesson learned. Thanks for listening. Hope everyone has a great and AF day today. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

Great quote this morning [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I do remember a time when I would compare myself to other drinkers. Unfortunately, I was almost always worse than they were!

Sorry that you fell off the wagon [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but at least you stopped at 2 drinks. I would have said "screw" it! If I'm going to slip, I might as well get a good buzz on! I was sorely tempted to drink last night as well, but was able to fast forward that thought to this morning. I was able to envision how I would feel today, and luckily I was able to resist the urge. It scares me that we can go from being so strong in our quit one minute, to holding a glass in our hand the next!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]...sorry that you have so much snow to shovel, but there are signs that Spring is on the way!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X