No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:03am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congrats on 5 months [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! Keep your sobriety intact and the rest of things will happen as they will. When times get you down, try to practice an attitude of gratitude because there's always something to be grateful for...

Hang in there [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], keep up your battle!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Congrats Big Al on 5 months. This is huge. You have really come a long way and your body and mind are grateful. Your life can only improve by staying the course. Hang in there Ginger. Play the tape. My last slip was so physically horrible that just thinking about that poison has deterred me. If we could all drink socially we would not be here. We all know why we are here. I look at others casually drinking a glass or two of wine and I am envious. I know I will drink the entire bottle or two if available. That takes the fun out of social drinking for sure. Techie, sending you a big hug. Wishing everyone a great and sober Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you..

Comment

Happy AF Friday everyone, Big AL awesome on your 5 months! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, you’re spot on in saying if we could be social drinkers we wouldn’t be here. Back in my smoking days, I was always jealous of those who were social smokers. I was always jealous of people who could have 1 or 2 drinks and stop. Not me. It’s been 39 years since I quit smoking but I still consider myself a smoker because if I had one cigarette, I’d rush to the store and buy a carton and be right back into it. Same with booze. Just one drink and I risk undoing what I’ve accomplished over the past 3 years. It ain’t worth it.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hugs Ginger. Another twenty four for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks for always being here! I'm asking for 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I appreciate the support and congratulations. I know this will pass, and I think it may be related to PAWS. I also know that in no way would alcohol make it better. I would merely start the whole process over if I were lucky enough to survive another relapse.

I started today with some of the things I had let slip, like meditation, bed making, my routine. I am going to make a gratitude list here after my morning meetings to hopefully set a more positive outlook on the day.

As always I appreciate this group of people more than I will ever be able to articulate. I humbly ask for another 24 please.

Comment

Dill, I also loved the Downton Abbey series and was sad to see it end. Let us know what you thought of the movie.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

. Good morning Cafe. Saw this little saying and liked it. Hope everyone has a good Saturday with no alcohol. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

4:52am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks for that great reminder [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], we have to do the work if we want results...

Comment

If you are a Downton Abbey fan you will love this movie, Jude! Five out of five of us gave the movie high marks.

Cool and gloomy weather here this morning but tomorrow is supposed to bring sunshine so I will hang on to that thought!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The rain forecasted for today is no longer happening so I’ll be getting my new camera out to a local park. I saw on the news yesterday that the park area I planned to explore today has been closed temporarily because of coyote activity. Fortunately this park is huge and is home to over 200 bird species.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; May 28, 2022, 07:44 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope everyone has an easy day. We are headed to see hubby's family for a few days. This is going to be hard. 24 more please!

Comment

Working...
                                X