~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo Dill, your pm box is full!

I'll be back later y'all, doing a post in Word so ya know it's going to be long-winded lol
    Last edited by abcowboy; January 9, 2018, 08:38 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another gray day here.
      Feeling a little better. Was just really down yesterday for some reason.
      Better today.
      Pauly, my son is 25, time to move out, lol. He's been living at home to save money, and has done well on that end, and now has a good nest egg to start out. He graduated from college 3 years ago, debt free, but works freelance, so it's hard to build credit. He's also been sober about 2 years. Thankfully he realized early on that drinking could be a problem.
      Good to see you back Ori, thanks for the quotes.
      I'll take everything as a miracle, please. 24 more.

Comment

Inbox cleared, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Busy all day so late request but I'll have another 24 please

Comment

Another 24 hours, please & thankyou!

My snow dance timing must be off again as we’ve had a return to winter, dammit! Snow wasn’t supposed to arrive until after we got to Mexico next week! Oh well. At least my little buddy and I walked this morning when it was warmer and not snowing.

Mr V - great that your son has a strong financial basis. I spent several years as a consumer lender working for a bank and several times I used a savings account as showing good financial management in qualifying a loan applicant. Make sure he highlights his debt free status and savings habits, it should set him apart from those saddled with debt.

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; January 9, 2018, 04:56 PM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yes Dill, my Uncle went the AA route, that was about all there was 55 years ago. And I am fortunate enough to have him as my mentor. He tells me that he attends more meetings now than he ever did! It helps that he’s retired though. He gets many requests to be a guest speaker at many AA Roundups and meetings, and he’s only too happy to oblige. He still says he’s just like any one of us though, just one drink away from being a drunk again!

I must confess that I get worried when one of the regular MWO members disappears. Let’s take Ori for an example; mia for a while but I wasn’t too worried that it was alcohol related since he’s so close to his 1 year birthday. But you never know, we all know how powerful the pull can be. But I also worry that maybe something tragic happened, and we’ll just never know why they left and didn’t return as in the case of Mario. Bubba has made me a promise that she would log in here and let people know if something happened to me that I couldn’t post anymore. It’s just the way I want it to be, not have anyone worrying about me.

Mr V, it seems like yesterday that we were walking them to school, then they’re off on their own! Amazing how the time flies! But from the sounds of things, you should be proud of the way you raised him!

We got a good old Alberta blizzard blowing in on us tonight, might just have to stay home tomorrow and pester y’all!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's 5:45 am here in N.Y. Tired but sober this morning...here's to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Good morning, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I think you and I are often up and on the site around the same time most days. Isn't it such a gift waking up without a hangover?! It's a wonderful gift we give ourselves. In gift giving I am sure you are familiar with the saying, "it's the thought that counts"? Well, in this particular case, it's not so! It's the gift that counts!

I know what you mean [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] about members that disappear without a word. It's great that bubba agreed to do that for you! I hope never to disappear suddenly without explanation as that would have to be due to sudden illness. If I leave the site, I promise to give fair warning. Years ago there was a poster on the thread I used to be on regularly. Her name was Ladybirdheart. I have never forgotten her. She had such a way with writing and was so wise and kind and sweet natured. When she decided MWO no longer served her she gave a week's notice so everyone had time to adjust to her impending absence. I still miss her, but I am sure she is ok. I don't do Facebook much but I hear from [MENTION=8356]Lavande[/MENTION] that she posts from time to time on Facebook and is well. I appreciate Lav sharing that info.

Greetings Mr V, TND, Ori, LC, QW, Marylou, Neo, Empy, and all who stop by!

24 more please.
                  Last edited by dill; January 10, 2018, 07:41 AM.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:06 am in Vegas another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Mexico is sounding pretty good right about now QW, we're back to the deep freeze here!

Comment

Super quick check-in today, will read back later.
                        24 more please

Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
                          ― Bernard M. Baruch

10:16 am here in Jersey and the sun is shining. Committing to another 24!

20 days to that one year mark and with each step my focus and acceptance of my identity as a non-drinker grows [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 hours, please & thank you!

Colder than a polar bear’s ear out there today, good day for paperwork, packing and trying to decide what camera gear to take on our trip. This is always a struggle - do I take the Nikon DSLR and lenses or the point and shoot?

Hope everyone has a great af day.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Well, QW what did you decide? Nikon or point and shoot? I'm betting on the Nikon or maybe both.:happy2:

Ori, 19 more 24s and you will have it! How great is that?!

One more day of warm weather here. If the rain holds off I'll get outside and take a walk with my friend. Fingers crossed!

24 more, please.
                              Last edited by dill; January 11, 2018, 06:27 AM.
                              Dill

Comment

7:00 am here in N.Y. I'll take another 24 please and thank you....

Comment

Working...
                                X