~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yikes! I was such an idiot for so many years! Thanks for the quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!!

Headed to the Adirondack mountains today to check out the Fall scenery. Any excuse to get out of the house! Another 3 weeks in this sling, and hopefully when it comes off, I will be able to drive again!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good Morning. Great quote Dill. I have been an idiot for way too many years. Enjoy the mountains Jude and the fall foliage! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

45F and sunny
        Been very busy with work, travel, and/or no private time in the morning to visit. I seem to need the private time to visit, like a morning meditation.
        I have not read back, so I don't know what up around here, I'll try and get to it.
        Otherwise, all is well here.
        Got a day off, going to try a long bike ride, Mrs V off as well, she'll join me!
        Hope everyone is well.
        24 more please.

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

A morning with above freezing temps! Only 2C (36F) but I'll take it! Unfortunately it's raining though...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:49 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Had a great visit with our Calgary family yesterday and a fabulous meal. Our son the chef made mushroom soup as an appy. He grilled 3 kinds of mushrooms over hickory smoke to make the mushrooms tastier! Was it ever good. The turkey was cooked in a fryer, first time I’d eaten turkey cooked that way.

Jude, only 3 weeks left with the sling. You’ll be so happy to get rid of it. Any chance you can post some pictures of the scenery? I love being an Albertan but maple trees are scarce here, thus we don’t have the vibrant fall colours like you have. Fall colours are one of the few things I actually miss about living in Ontario.

Great quote Dill. How true. Mr V, great to see you back.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

How nice that you finally have a day off, Mr. V; and that it’s still warm enough to bike there, and Mrs. V can join you! I’m with you, @Mr. Vervill: I need to have privacy in order to post. And too hard to if crazy busy.

So happy for you that you got sister time, Ginger!

Your Thanksgiving feast sounds divine, QW -especially that mushroom soup!

Yeah, six weeks in a sling is a long time, Jude; but that’s how long it takes.

I just ache and am inflamed everywhere, but most especially the chronic pain that radiates from my artificial knee when I’m on it is wearing on me, and secondarily the nerve damage in my lower spine is so tender. I’m tired of it. I made a doctor appointment.
                  Although, Jude, I must say that my shoulder that I had the rotator cuff repaired on is just grand!

Going for another 24 hours AF.
                  Last edited by Slo; October 14, 2019, 11:45 AM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Slo, I hope your doctor is able to help.

I too have lower back issues and was told that at some point I’ll need disc fusion surgery. I’m putting that off as long as possible. And I think I’m a candidate for knee replacement surgery as well. Putting that off too as long as possible. Too many years of playing contact sports is catching up I think.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
                      ~Aesop

Coffee shop duty two times for me this week as I agreed to fill in for someone on Monday. Having it two days in a row and therefore having to get up two days in a row at 4:30am is turning out to be a bit too much for me.

I hope your next 3 weeks fly by for you, Jude!!

That mushroom soup sounded mouthwateringly good, QW

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and welcome back Mr. V. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Another just above freezing morning, but even better, it's dry out!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to have you back [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Hope the bike ride was an enjoyable one!

Been too tired lazy to try and keep up with y'all, but it's looking good for everyone that I can see! Hope everyone's fall is turning out the way they want!

I've picked up a nasty cold somewhere along the way, stuffed up, runny nose, sore throat, and hacking cough! I don't often get colds, but when I do.... So add that to the excuses as to why I'm too lazy to add more to my posts lol.

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Glad to see you back Mr. V!

Hope that you both feel better soon [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....the mushroom soup sounds delicious! Can you send me a bowl? Will try to post some Fall pics, but cowboy knows how technologically challenged I am!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X