~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for sharing that snapshot of your Christmas Day, Cowboy. I felt like I was nearly there.

I loved the quote, Slo! Now, what to do about it....

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Brrrr, -20C (-4F) this morning!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's so great to hear that everyone had a successful AF Christmas!! A big double thumbs up to all of you!!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:39 am in Vegas another 24,glad everyone had a nice AF Christmas it's nice it's over but a little sad too, NYE is an easy one for me to get through cuz even in my drink days I never gave it much thought, didn't wanna go out and do anything anyways everything gets too packed! Have a great day all
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yes, I’m grateful too that we all made it through Christmas AF!
            Sorry that a fresh cold ruined it some for you, Pauly.
            Ginger, so nice that you were there for your huge family gathering instead of “alone” in an RV park! Things seem to be coming to a head with your son’s drinking...
            Great job on withstanding the AV and strong cravings on Christmas, Jude.
            Rava could look forward to going south, and is on her way!
            It’s fun to watch kids the ages of your grandkids open their presents, QW.

Narilly, yes, family drama is hard, and I guess we all have it in one form or another. And it was especially noticeable for you this month when your brother couldn’t suck it up for neither your mom’s 85th nor for Christmas with her. And you hosted this year! Hope your turkey dinner turned out fab.
            My daughters were sympathetic to how I feel about HB dissing his aunts & cousins, and might join me in paying them a visit in Maryland this coming year. It is unrealistic that the one expecting a baby will though. And not sure D2 can get the time off of work...

D1’s pregnancy has been somewhat difficult and is getting more so, so not sure that she will make it to her Jan. 28 due date. It’s hard to see her so chronically uncomfortable and in pain. At least she works for a school district, so has time off now over the holidays.

I’m being a total slug lately, so looking for an easy 24 more hours AF!
            Last edited by Slo; December 27, 2019, 10:47 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, I know New Years is a few days away but one of my resolutions for 2020 will be to get rid of more clutter. A move to a condo is likely next year and even though we’ve downsized, we still have too much stuff. Currently we live in about 2400 square feet of space, most condos we’ve looked at are 1000-1300 square feet.

My day started with a telemarketing call at 4:58 this morning. And then they disconnected the call before I could tell them what I think of them! Today I’m cancelling our land line. Enuf!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I love that quote!

Slo, sorry your daughter is having a hard pregnancy. Hopefully, she'll make it to her date.

Had the 2 little grandsons for an overnight. We played monopoly until 1030p. Pretty quiet around here this morning! Having lunch with hub's sisters today then brunch with all the kids and gkids tomorrow. Still celebrating around here!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Friday quote:

“It’s a s-l-o-w process, but quitting won’t speed it up.”

-so no quitting on our quits!
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I completely missed posting yesterday. On Thursday we headed south and our 18 hour journey turned into 21 and we drove it straight through. The traffic was so bad and by the time we were ready to find a hotel the traffic started thinning as it got later and later so at 2:30 am we arrived. Yesterday was a complete blur. Just woke up after 10 hours of sleep and plan to have a great AF day. Hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

Slo, thanks for a week of good quotes. All of them were food for thought, today's included.
                      I have been thinking about your dilemma of wanting to visit the girl's great Aunt (your hb's Aunt) and your hb refusing. I have wanted to comment but just truthfully haven't been able to figure out an appropriate thing to say. It is a situation that makes no real sense to me and I'm sure there's many layers to it. So, I am going to just say this: I hope you work out a comfortable solution that works for you and your daughters.

Rava, you must be exhausted! I haven't done a long drive like that in years. We break up anything that long into a two day trip, and we get out for frequent stretches along the way. Glad you made it safe and sound. You'll be feeling back to normal by tomorrow, I'm sure.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; December 28, 2019, 06:57 AM.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-10C (14F) this morning with a star filled sky...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That is definitely a long drive [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Glad you guys made it safe and sound!

I try not to worry too much about extended family [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], I have enough problem keeping up with immediate family! I do reach out to them via FB or messages a couple times a year, and the way I look at it, the road runs both ways! I'm going to bet your daughter will be so happy in more ways than one when the baby finally arrives, and so will Grandma!

I did a quick trip into Lloydminster yesterday morning to pick up material for a job I'm starting Monday, did a water heater service call, then spent the rest of the day doing housework and laundry. And I get to go out today on another service call, my least favorite of all, a plugged kitchen sink drain! Yucky!!

Comment

Morning cafe! Thanks for the week of great quotes [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!
                            Glad that you finally made it south [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Hubby and I ditched our land line a couple of years ago [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and it's the best thing that we ever did! We still get a couple of junk calls occasionally, but nothing like it was with the land line!

I go back to work on Wednesday, and have mixed feelings about it. I think that once I get out of the rut I'm in everything will be ok. Also, the disability checks are about half of what I usually take home, so it will be good to have the extra cash from a regular pay check!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Come to think of it I haven't had a landline in 8 years! Can't believe it's been so long but really it WAS all telemarketing and bill collectors when we did have one, Slo, sorry your daughter is having a tough pregnancy, is this her first? Rava, id die with that long drive I'm so useless with no sleep, even in my younger days lack 'o sleep just made me weird, glad you guys made it safe, QW, wow you're gonna hafta chop all your belongings in half to go from over 2,000 to 1,000 square feet but it'll probably feel good to get rid of some, I did part of my closet and it feels good to be able to see the floor after having the Christmas presents stacked in there 6:01 am in Vegas another 24!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m meeting the Calgary family for lunch today, the last time we’ll be together before my son goes home to Melbourne on Monday. I don’t envy him the long flight.
                                It’s been great having him here and he’s had a great time with his brothers, SIL, niece & nephew. And he was able to do some winter activities that aren’t possible in the warmer Australian climate, like having a snowball fight or skating outdoors.

Jessie and I are heading out for a walk in a few minutes. We have the same temps this morning as you do Cowboy so will have to dress warmly.

Have a great af Saturday everyone! (Is it just me or is anyone else mixed up as to what day it is?)

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; December 28, 2019, 09:37 AM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X