~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cowboy it doesn't feel christmasy to me either I think as it gets closer maybe I'll spark up? Hopefully anyways,Ginger very nice picture QW I feel like all the preservatives or other ingredients in the food is what's causing so many diseases,all the kids with autism,all the cancers,etc it's gotta be caused by something that wasn't around back in the day,6:14 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning and good quote! Thanks, Jude.

For the first eight years we explored all over down here. It was so great to find new places. Many were reached by hiking off the beaten path. I have thousands of photos to look back on. Three years ago we bought the 5th wheel in anticipation of living in it. It's much larger and not as easy to park and unhook so picking up and moving on is too complicated. Now we stay put and explore with the pickup. Don't get as far away as I'd like but with age comes compromise. Right?

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cold here this morning, might be a treadmill day. Sorry Jessie.

Dill, when you get to Sedona you should check out Pink Jeep Tours. We found ours to be very informative, safe and our driver gave us ample opportunity for photos. Also, the trolley tour of Sedona through the town and out to Cathedral on the Rock is worthwhile. Sedona also had a McDonalds that’s coloured green - city council wouldn’t let them have the Golden Arches! Part of the strict zoning. Oh, they have lots of roundabouts and few traffic lights. Cowboy, to prove rednecks are everywhere, we saw tire marks from a dually pickup that drove right over the centre of the roundabout!

Does anyone else tip their garbage collector? A few times a year, and in a few minutes when the truck is on our street, we tip the driver and thank him for looking after us. The smile on his face makes it all worthwhile!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” ~Zen proverb

I had my second shingles vaccine yesterday.....not feeling so hot this morning. :egad:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Nice quote Jude! Hope you feel better as the day goes on. Today its raining and I have to attend a funeral. Friday the 13th, funeral, rain all sounds like a set up to drink. NOT! Will not happen, no excuses. Gonna make it a good day for sure. Hope everyone stays sober and happy. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

That's a perfect quote for today! I woke up thinking about what you said yesterday Jude, about the terrible feelings of fear at the outset of this journey. I hadn't thought about that in a long while, but I had those feelings in spades! I remember when I was so fearful of going a day without al that I just didn't think it was possible. But with support from mwo, I slowly learned that I could, and that it was indeed a wonderful thing. Just like the moth I found I could break out of the cocoon of my old bad habits and the other side was the freedom that I had lost.

QW, we tip the garbage collector at Christmas time each year. But only then, not other times thru the year. I am never around when he collects the garbage as we live back a long lane, but I imagine it is really appreciated.

Ginger, did you sell the fifth wheel or do you still use it on occasion? You are right that things change as we get older. Mr. D is becoming reticent about pulling our camper and he said the other day that perhaps we should sell it. I'm not going to argue with that, if it is what he thinks would be best. I have never been the one driving and backing it and I'm not going to start now.

I think I'll bake some Christmas cookies today. I do it solo so I take it in spurts. I have two kinds in the freezer now and this will be the third.

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, Rava! I didn't realize today was Friday the 13th until I read your post. It is a perfect setting for a funeral, but definitely no reason to drink. I agree with you 100%.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-21C (-6F) here this morning, clear and cold!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good quote, Jude! Hope you feel better today. I'm going to need to think about that vaccine soon. Sure don't want shingles.

Dill, we are still living in the 5th wheel down here in AZ. I'm ready to sell it and get a park model down here. Need to recover monetarily from building the house back home first tho.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:56 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, the after effects of the shingles vaccine are far less than the pain of shingles, something I wouldn’t wish on anyone. Hope you’re feeling better today and that the vaccine works for you.

When our garbage collector arrived yesterday morning I was waiting at the end of the driveway. I reached up, shook his hand, thanked him for looking after us and gave him his gift. He teared up after thanking me. I have no idea what his journey is like but if our gift helps, that makes it even more worthwhile.

Cold and breezy here this morning. Jessie and I braved the elements yesterday afternoon and walked our 4km route in -20C windchills. 58 days until Mexico!

Have a great af Friday the 13th everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yesterday day I went on an all-day bus tour with SIL with dementia to decorate our own Christmas wreaths, go to an Old World Christmas market, see a Christmas lights display, etc. It was an enrichment activity for her that I signed us up for, and I enjoyed it too!

That’s so kind that you think to personally thank as well as tip your garbage man, QW. We tip ours at Christmas, and they help us out with that by giving us a Christmas card with all their names on it. And I’m glad they do.

I’m happy that you can look forward to having all your kids together with you for Christmas Eve into day, Cowboy. That’s really what Christmas is good for!

Yeah, I needed to work on my shoulder stiffness, and getting it flexible again, daily for an entire year after that surgery, Jude. Keep at it!

Found out that I need general anesthesia for this knee surgery next week, which I do not want; and that I’m last on the list for the day’s surgeries too; which I did not want. Wish I could skip this. But I did find it hard walking around the Christmas market by the end of the day, so I suppose I need it.

I need another 24 hours please!
                          Last edited by Slo; December 13, 2019, 01:42 PM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Wow, Quit W. that is so nice of you to tip the garbage collector.

Slo, I am with you on the General anesthesia, that always freaks me out.

Another 24 hours please.

-13C at 4:21 pm, better late than never!
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Great quotes so far [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], fear of the unknown can lead us back into the bottom of that pit if we let it! Or we can embrace what the future has in store for us!

Not so much in a funk, but finally getting a bit used to this new living arrangement, and turning on Christmas music has sure helped! I find myself singing along as I do my daily household chores. Maybe it’s a good thing I am by myself lol. Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Buns is my chore for tomorrow, some chore that is lol. Just hope there’s enough left for when the kids get here!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Slo I am sorry you have to go thru the surgery. It's difficult to make yourself do something like that, but it is better than letting it go. I have a friend who kept putting it off and then he got seriously ill and was no longer able to withstand the surgery. His mobility is seriously limited and it didn't need to be this way. Your day trip with your SIL sounds like it was very nice!

Cowboy I'm sure it's been a hard adjustment. You must really must miss your dog, too! (I'm so sorry but I cannot think of his name at the moment.) Do you get to have him some of the time?

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X